• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

off topic help with baby girl names

I like the name Lily. I agree with the others that say Liana is too close. I can hear the sibling arguments you would be in for at your house now "You're just second and second best, that's why you only got half my name!" I prefer Liliana, because at least then it stands on its own and does not look like just a portion of the other name,

I need help with baby girl names.
I have 4 kids already
Matthew Bryan
Drew Anthony
James Ryan
and

Juliana Grace

I am expecting another little girl May 5th .
I would love a name that goes well with my daughter juliana's name.

Honestly I love the name Liana. do u think its too close to my daughter juliana's name. I would call the baby lily for short. love it.

honest opiions please and other sugestions welcome. thnks

What about Liliana? You could still call her Lily.

Liliana Marie
Liliana Grace
Liliana Michelle
Liliana Gabrielle

Your expecting your 5th child on 5/5. That's neat!
My nephew was born on 5/5. His name is Jack Stephen. My vote for a girl is
for Jacqueline Stephanie.
Also, I think Liana is too close to Juliana. But that's ultimately your decision:lovestruc
Best of luck!

I think they are too similiar also. I also don't see Lily as a shortened form of Liana (or Olivia for that matter, that someone else mentioned...I could see Livy from that name but not Lily?)

If you want to call her Lily just name her Lily or Lillian. I never understood unless its a special family name why people name their kids something just to call them something else:confused3

Good Luck and Congrats!!

I agree, my DD's name is Lilly, I have a cousin named Jake not Jacob just Jake.

I think Lily would work. How about Kerrigan or Kennedy? I have a Kenzey... so partial to that too.:thumbsup2

i have a friend named stacy lilianna..
we just call her lil . or lilly
she signs her name..
s. lilianna XXX

I have to agree with everyone, it is very close and you could just call her Lily.

(I also like the PP who suggested Elliana, what a beautiful name, but again very close)

If you like the name Lily, then why not just name her that? It's a beautiful name. But I don't really see Lily as a shortened name of Liana, and I agree with PP that Liana just sounds like a shortened version of Juliana. Who knows, some of Juliana's friends may end up calling her Liana for short when she gets older. My daughter has a friend Alexa that everyone calls Lexa, and a friend Isabella that everyone calls Bella.

My girls are:

Tessa Laina (pronouced: Lane-a) &
Makenna Lauren

I love little girl names. For me I wanted to go different but not too different.

totally different way:

Kristina ....which flows nice with Juliana

middle name, trying to think equal to Grace....maybe:

Kristina Rose
Kristina Erin (you have a few Irish names in the mix)
Kristina Faith

just a thought!

Our DD6 is Elizabeth Rose, and we call her Ellie. I love, love, love her name!

I agree that Liana is a little too close to Juliana. If you want to call her Lily, why not just name her Lily? It's a beautiful name!

They are a little close...when they are older and you call for them you may get two little girls answering you!:lovestruc

I have 2 girls :

Matilda Cate
Lucy Jane

also a boy

Corbin Patrick

names are sooooo hard!!! I always have a ton picked out until I actually have to name someone then I can't pick.

Good Luck!!!!:thumbsup2

We have an:

Aryanna Brielle and a McKenna Kaitlyn

We're expecting again, but dont know the gender yet. If its another girl (we want to stick with another "nna" name, I like:
Corinna
Vienna
Sienna
Julianna
Brenna
Cianna
Jeanna
Jenna
Gianna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter