off topic but please hug your children and tell them you love them today

Dan, I'm just reading this post and it's breaking my heart to hear your pain. We've had several deaths in our immediate family in the past 4 years. You don't have to enjoy this Christmas, it's ok not to be in a holly jolly mood the whole time. Let yourself grieve and cry. But also, remember the good times, remember the love you gave him and the love he brought to you and your family. It won't ever go away and it's not supposed to, but it will get easier as time goes by. Everyone has to grieve in their own way and don't let anyone tell you how you "should show it". Make new traditions in honor of Jeff. Did he have a favorite Chrsitmas movie that you could watch every year? did he have a favorite Christmas character you could display for him? anything to honor what he liked. Hope you are able to find a little bit of peace this Christmas.

Dan, everyday i pray for God to ease your pain. I also pray ill never know the pain you and your wife are going through. I cant begin to imagine and i dont want to ever know. I hope you find some way to get through the holidays. Just know you have a very special angel watching over you this year. Your messages to him on fb break my heart. I wish i could help in some way.

Thanks I go on his fb everyday. I post way too much on there. I don't post much here as I don't want to ruin everyone's holiday season.

This will be the worst christmas I have every endured. I will miss Jeff so much. Just can't wait for 10 to end.

People say these things happen for a reason. Well the ones that say that haven't been through it. And I just can't see any reason for this to have happened.

Hope you and you family have a wonderful christmas season.

Peace to you, Dan. All I can do, and I pray for it every time I think of you.

Dan, the only thing that I hope can bring you some peace is that your wonderful son is doing some good in a better place. My parent's neighbor lost their beloved son, who was around the same age this morning, when a car ran him off the road while he was running with his soccer team at Lynn University. He passed from a skull fracture before the paramedics even got to him. I know Kyle will be joining Jeff, as both boys were of the same kind heart and giving soul and people on Earth now have two big sets of shoes to fill. I can't imagine the pain. I only hope God gives both of your families the strength for each day. Rest in peace Jeff and Kyle, two wonderful souls taken so early.

Dan I think I've mentioned this before but is there some sort of scholarship or something at the animal control that could be done in his name? I remember hearing he had volunteered at the animal control. I really think something positive would bring some peace to your family. Maybe not much but seeing Jeff's life continue doing something he had a passion for would give people a chance to remember him and something good will come out of it.

So sorry for both families. Dan you are always in my thoughts, again wish there was something I could do.

We checked into Ft. Wilderness on Dec. 11 and on the 14th we remembered as always our precious 33 month old Kiley. It has been 4 years and it never gets any easier. On December 23, 2008 we lost our 33 month old Colton while we were in Disney. Rushed to Arnold Palmer Children's hospital on the 22nd and he died the 23rd. We still bring our other 3 adopted children here every Christmas and remember how happy our two ANGELS were here. l We feel they are here with us since their remains travel everywhere with us. e We know they are now our guardian Angels.

They say time heals all wounds but you can never really heal the loss of a child.

God Bless you.

Judy, Ken, Shawnee, Kenya and Kimberly
and our two Angels in Heaven

The angels are always near to those who are grieving
to whisper to them that their loved ones are safe in the hand of God.

Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

I met Dan, Jeff and Dan's family December 31, 2008 when we were all at Jen's site for NYE. I don't know how Dan and his wife do it but their strength is unreal. I hope one day to see the Bounder back at the fort. Dan everybody is thinking of you and your family.

I have no words Dan, just lots of prayers and :hug:
Praying for peace and strength for you.

Dan, I wish you peace and happiness in whatever way you can find it this year. You have much to look forward to yet, and I hope your grief eases soon.

Dan, I dont know the words to say other than please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

I have had Dan and his family on our prayer list this whole year at church. Nothing can dull the loss of a child. More prayers go out to you during this season. May you find some peace in your sadness.

Went to church last night. They talked about people that weren't here with us this year. Then a guy sung Christmas in Heaven. Just couldn't stop the tears from flowing.

This is the worst holiday season I have ever had.

Grandkids had Santa this morning and it was ok for awhile until I actually realized Jeff wasn't with us.

Don't mean to ruin anyones christmas. And thanks to all of you that thought about me and my family.

Merry Christmas to all of you wonderful people on this board. And please give all your kids one extra hug and tell them how much you love them.

Dan, I cannot tell you how much we are going to miss you and your family at New Years this year. You family made my mother-in-law's last days memorable.

Have been thing of you Dan. Please know you are still in my thoughts and prayers.:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter