• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

off topic but please hug your children and tell them you love them today

Just wanted to share this. I hope it helps. Every day things happen very suddenly to all of us. Some good and some bad. The thing we fail to realize is that all of these sudden moments werent sudden at all. They were all known from the moment we were created. Try to take solice in the fact that we are loved before its known we are coming here and we will be loved after we leave. Something like this can shake your faith but know that nobody walks alone in this world. It is said that in times like this that it feels as if there is a hole in our hearts. Try to think of this more as a vault in your heart. It is full of those memories that are yours alone. The times you shared a cookie with just them after everyone else went to bed. The last drink of YOUR shake from McDonalds with that smile in theyre eyes as it dissapears. The first LOUD anouncment that the tooth fairy came in the middle of the night. As these memories start to replay in your mind you will see that its not a part of your heart that is gone but that the rest of your heart wants to feel that special kind of love reserved just for that one person in that vault. Remember that they still have the same memories as we do, and in time we will all laugh and share them together with each other. The pain comes from the fact that not only are these vaults each very large but there is one vault for every special person in our lives. Last, know that you have a vault in others hearts and that they hold all thoughts of you very dearly. Try to make the most of all the moments we have as each moment is a deposit in our hearts. I write this as I watch my three young sons play. My heart aches for your family but it rejoices in the fact that you and your son helped me see things much more clearly. Thank you for opening up to all of us.

Tuesday night was Jeff's viewing. Over 500 people stopped by to visit him. It was so heartfelt to hear all the people telling me how he touched their lives. This was from adults and kids alike. He had teachers all the way back to 1st grade there. His 7th grade teacher said he wrote and paper and when she read it couldn't believe a 7th grader wrote it.

Is was heartbreaking to see so many people crying for Jeff. I have shed so many tears I think i may run out some day.

Yesterday was his funeral the hardest and worst day of my life. I had to say goodbye to my beloved son Jeff. There were so many people there that many couldn't even get in the church. The church seats 350. They were lined up on both walls, both choir sections were full. Some were in folding chairs, many in the outer room and many who couldn't even get in the church. It did warm my heart to see so many people that Jeff had touched in one way or another.

My two girls spoke and read a poem to Jeff. I then spoke and it was really hard and I cried as I spoke. Then i cried and I cried.

Jeff's wish was to be cremated. That was done and Jeff will be coming home for the final time in the morning.

After the service we had a reception at our home. Over 200 people showed up.

I already miss Jeff terribly and maybe someday this will be easier, but right now I just can't see it. It was so hard to say goodbye.

I loved and still love my baby boy.

Rest in Peace Jeffrey Scott Bishop

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. I pray to god that this never happens to anyone of you good people here on the board.

Dan, somehow I knew when I saw you had posted to the thread and the funeral is now over I was gonna cry at your words and I did. I really enjoyed the brief time meeting your family last year. Ya'll are genuine people who are cared for by many on here and at your hometown.

Grieving is natural and whatever it takes to help you through be it talking on here or calling people just to talk please always know we're here.

Dan - you have been incredibly strong through this, still praying for peace and comfort to you and your family as you go through this together.

I don't mean to intrude, only offer this so you know it is available. There are adjustment counselors in every school who can assist if needed and provide your family with resources over the next few days and weeks as you try to redefine what "normal" will be.

As I sit here with tears in my eyes, Dan, you have been in my thoughts and prayers ever since this unthinkable accident has happened. I can't imagine how hard this has been for you. I know no matter what anyone says it can't take the pain away for you. What a wonderful person Jeff was, to have so many people caring about him. Just know you did a good job. Again I wish there was something I could do to help you ease the pain, just know that we are here for you now and always.

Those crowds are a testament to the incredible young man you raised. Your pride and deep love for Jeff is so evident in your posts. I will continue to pray for your family, and please continue to share your feelings with us.

Dan,
I sat here this morning and read your final post about the funeral,then I read about Jeff wishing to be cremated, that was also my sons wishes then tears began to flow. I know the pain of loseing your baby boy and it will get easier but not right away. It was 8 months this March since I lost my Jason and I find myself crying still, just the other day I saw a commercial for cadbury eggs, something my DS loved and right up till his last Easter I always bought for him, and the tears came. I was in CVS and I actually looked to see if they had the white chocolate bunnies he so loved to eat. I feel a special bond with you and your family knowing all too well the pain of loseing ones baby boy, I wear a locket with some of my sons ashes in it so he is always with me and silly as it sounds I find myself kissing it daily , yes I still talk to him , I guess what I want to tell you is cry if you have to , do what makes you feel closer to your baby boy, don't worry about what someone may think or say, each of us need to grieve in our own way. May your Jeff RIP and may you and your family find a way to carry on.

Still saying prayers for you and your family, Dan. I'll also say a prayer for you and your family, sjs314. I am so sorry that both of you had to go through the loss of a son.

Dan, you have difficult days ahead. It's especially hard to watch life return to normal for those around you, when yours has been forever changed. It's like salt in the wound.
During those times, try to think of your girls..and how very much they need you to show them the way right now. You are still a family.
Be kind to your wife, and watch her. As moms we have daily tasks that dad's don't have a clue about. It will be during these most mundane times..that she will be hit especially hard with the reality of Jeff's being gone. Even trying to move on with simple household tasks is heartbreaking...because so many of them likely involved caring for her boy.
I will pray that God wraps his loving arms around your family and keeps you close to his heart. God Bless you all. :hug:
Thank you for taking the time to keep us posted on how you and your family are doing. I hope you continue to do so. There are so many kind hearted people on this forum. We have never met...but please know, I am praying for you.

Never until now have I ever really pondered the thought of my children leaving this world.....never untill now have I even given thought to how hard the reality must actually be. Of coarse, in brief thoughts I KNEW losing a child MUST be difficult...how could something like that be easy for anyone...but .....not until now has it hit so close to my life. Dan.......Thank you. Thank you for giving us the insight to just how real the possibility of this happening to ANYONE OF US....at ANY GIVEN SECOND truelly is. Ive shed tears for you because of the feeling you've allowed us to know about , I couldnt hold them back, strangely enough. I thought, this is just a guy I know through the web...hes just words on a screen.....right? But thats NOT right, thats not right at all. Ive always thought you were obviously a swell guy...always quick with the wit with a hand on th trigger ready to shoot a smile or laugh at us, and its easy to make people laugh for some. But to bring tears to our eyes, Dan....that takes MORE THAN WORDS ON A SCREEN...that takes MORE than "some guy from the web" can do. I consider you a "friend" in the truest form of the word Dan, simply because youve allowed US to be your friends in your toughest time. Dropping your defenses, and letting it out to us.....that....well.......thats more than I can say about most of my family.

Thank you for letting us get a slight idea of how it hurts to lose a child, so that we can love our children a little harder, hug them a little tighter, watch them sleep a little longer, and complain a little less about how hard it is to be a good parent.

Rog, those are some of the most honest and insightful words I have ever read on an internet forum. I am with you completely on that. Thank you for putting into words what I could not express, but that I feel.

Still praying for you and you family:hug:

pray2.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter