• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

off topic but please hug your children and tell them you love them today

Dan here in Jax people can comment on stories. I usually see the same ********* who have nothing to do who are probably collecting a check that we pay for. Consider the source. It's up to you to decide whether or not Jeff was right or wrong or whatever. Please do not listen to what others are saying. The people have no facts and IMO are idiots. Prayers still headed to your family.

Thank you all for all the kind words. You have no idea how much it means to me and my family. This is the worst pain a parent could ever go through. Jeff was my best friend and a great son. A part of my heart has died. I have cried more the last three days than I have my entire life. I am going to miss him so much. I call his phone everyday just to hear his voicemail.

Rog you are so right with your statements. 18 yo's are legally adults. Jeff would always listen to me but this time he just went out without even telling me.

Dan, be sure to save the voice mail where you can keep it forever. I can still see my Mom in my mind after 12 years but I can't "hear" her voice. I wish I had saved the recording on her phone message machine.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my brother in 2004. He was driving home on his motorcycle and a car pulled out in front of him. It has changed our whole family........I don't think we will ever be the same.
People were amazing at his funeral......the stories we heard about my brother were great. It helped us so much. hold onto those memories. Don't shut down, talk to someone...........anyone!
your in our thoughts!

Just left the funeral home. Had to pay them and take clothes for Jeff to wear. They had the funeral announcements print and gave us a few copies. We had his pic on the front. It is his prom pic and he is so handsome. But that really hits hard when you see your sons pic and it says in loving memory of Jeffrey Scott Bishop. He is going to have open coffin so at least he wasn't messed up too badly. They also gave us 10 copies of the local paper with his obit in it. If any of you want to see his obit you can go to flatoday.com and look up sunday's Obits.

We went to his high school this morning and along with about 500 students we released ballons with messages written on them to him. I am amazed how much he was loved by his friends. It really is nice to see these teenagers doing such good things. They usually only get bad press.

They had roadside memorial yesterday at the site he was killed. There were about 300 people there. Then a sheriff deputy stopped by an told them if they didn get out of the street they would all be fined 62.50. So then they did open one lane but wouldn't move any further and these were adults also. I understand not blocking the road but it was no secret that this was going to happen. He sat in his car for the whole time. I thought instead of just sitting in his car maybe he could have directed traffic. Oh well that is just my opinion.

Sorry to ramble so much.

Jeff was my youngest and only son. I am going to miss him so dang much. Life For me will be the same.

Sounds to me like he had a very positive influence on the people who came into contact with him in his short visit with world.....Be proud, Dan.......you made the world a better place by placing him in it.

Sounds like he helped a lot of people become better people, including his Dad. Don't stop remembering and loving him, and he will continue doing just that.

Dan, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your son. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Dan, it sounds like Jeff was loved by many. Isn't it amazing how many lives he touched in such a short amount of time! What a gift he was to those who were lucky enough to have known him! I hope that in time your tears are replaced with smiles and laughter when you think of him. He will always be with you. I am praying for you and Kris and the kids. I pray you find the strength you need to get through the next days, weeks and months. I can't even imagine how difficult this is. I wish there was something I could do to help ease this pain for you. But, for now, I'll just keep praying. Many :hug: to you and your family.

Dan, So sorry for you loss, May God be with your family. And may you find peace in knowing that he is now watching over you.

I read your son's write up today. Dan, we have never met, but I pray peace over you and your family. Your son touched many, and continues to touch those of us who never met him through your words.

Much love and prayers from N.C.

Dan, I haven't stopped thinking about you and your family. I wish I could be there tomorrow to lend you support, but I can't. Please know that we are there in spirit and I am sending hugs to you and your wife. It is wonderful that Jeff was so loved. I wish I could do something to help you with this pain, but our prayers are with you.
Lorna

The Humane Society that Jeff volunteered at was the South Brevard Humane Society. I, for one, will be purchasing two large bags of dog food and bringing them to the shelter in Jeff's name. I know several of you have asked which shelter (there were more than one in Brevard Co.), so here is your answer.

Just left the funeral home. Had to pay them and take clothes for Jeff to wear. They had the funeral announcements print and gave us a few copies. We had his pic on the front. It is his prom pic and he is so handsome. But that really hits hard when you see your sons pic and it says in loving memory of Jeffrey Scott Bishop. He is going to have open coffin so at least he wasn't messed up too badly. They also gave us 10 copies of the local paper with his obit in it. If any of you want to see his obit you can go to flatoday.com and look up sunday's Obits.

We went to his high school this morning and along with about 500 students we released ballons with messages written on them to him. I am amazed how much he was loved by his friends. It really is nice to see these teenagers doing such good things. They usually only get bad press.

They had roadside memorial yesterday at the site he was killed. There were about 300 people there. Then a sheriff deputy stopped by an told them if they didn get out of the street they would all be fined 62.50. So then they did open one lane but wouldn't move any further and these were adults also. I understand not blocking the road but it was no secret that this was going to happen. He sat in his car for the whole time. I thought instead of just sitting in his car maybe he could have directed traffic. Oh well that is just my opinion.

Sorry to ramble so much.

Jeff was my youngest and only son. I am going to miss him so dang much. Life For me will be the same.

We've never met, but please, please, don't apologize for writing what you feel and what is in your heart. From what you have written, it sounds like your son was very loved by many. (and to me, it seems that the sheriff was a little insensitive. I know they have a job but...JMO)

I am just getting to the dis and seeing this. I am speechless and can't stop crying. I just texted my 18yo son, who is away at college and told him I loved him.

There are no words. I can't imagine the grief. I am so sorry you are going through this. Why is it always the good kids? I don't get it! A friend lost her daughter to a car accident 3 years ago. What is it about springtime?

My heart breaks for you. Know that you are in my prayers and that I hope that your pain lessens and your memories increase.

Thank you all for the kind words. Everyone here in Brevard County have been so kind to us. More food than we can ever eat. At least Jeff's close friends are coming over to eat. That should get rid of the food quick. LOL

Tomorrow we will see him for the first time since the accident. We have a private viewing before the public viewing begins. It will be so hard to see him like that, but i know i have to. I am sure i will cry many more tears tomorrow when i see him. Just seems like I would have run out of tears by now.

Thanks to all of you have donate to the South Brevard Humane Society. Jeff would really appreciate that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter