• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Off topic - any families of Triplets out there?

Blessed_wth_Triplets

DIS Veteran
Sorry this isn't Disney related :)...but I'm wondering if there is anyone else with triplets out there? We are having a hard time deciding whether or not to seperate them next year in school or keep them together...and while I know there are plenty of families with twins...triplets is a WHOLE other dynamic...thanks!!:)

I have twins, who I separated in first grade, and have a friend with triplets who did the same. I'm curious about the triplet dynamic - I would think it would be more like twins that just siblings, having had almost the same exact experiences. I separated them because ds7 can have behavior problems, and dd7 mothers him. Their music teacher says they're both much better being apart.

My godkids are Triplets, and I have twins. For the triplets they were moved into different classes in 1st grade - but that was because of their personalities. They are two boys and a girl. The girl is very "motherly" and watches over the boys - and the teachers felt the boys would do better without her always talking for them and tattling on them. The boys stayed together until 3rd grade when the teachers felt that one was relying on the other so he didn't have to interact with the other kids. I think it really does depend on your family and there is no set answer for everyone.

I have triplets but they haven't started school yet. A friend of mine has 7 year old triplets that are currently in different classes. One thing she didn't count on was that even though they are in the same grade, they have different homework, class activities, etc. She said that the differences in classroom activities has kept her busy this year. In the past her kids have been in the same class and she had no problems....just decided to let them try being on their own this year.

HI! :goodvibes I only have one daughter, but a close friend of mine has twins. At our school, the policy for kids in the same family in the same grade whether it be twins, triplets or other situation (maybe one kid had to stay behind a grade) are automatically put in seperate classes. The parents actually got no say so in the matter. But it actually worked better for the mom of the twins though. She said that together the girls held themselves back, but really seem to thrive on seperation during the school hours. They are best friends at home though! Hope this helps some!

I have identical 25 1/2 year old triplet sons. They have always been each others "Best Friends". Back when they were in school, their teachers asked that I dress them in different colors with daily name tags. After pre-school and kindergarten they were split up in three different 1st grade classes. Then, we found out the boys started figuring out that by changing coats and bookbags;they could fool the teachers of who they were. I think I had a harder time having them split up in school than they did..however they still had recesses and lunches and P.E. together. Having triplets has always been so much fun!! UNTIL they hit the age of 16 1/2(when they were more confident than they should be driving a car) LOL! Thats when life really got interesting!

thanks...those are my reasons for possibly keeping them together next year...the different classes/work has been overwhelming....

I've heard this argument, but really, most parents deal with this anyway, with kids who are in different grades. My older 3 have different classes and homework. I really try to think of my twins as siblings, and not twins. I was thrilled when I found out they were b/g, which makes it easier.

Hi:dance3:
Our triplets are 13 years old - time flies! They were together in preschool and kindergarden, which was good. Supportive, and easier on us. In first grade they went to a new school and there were three classes for each grade level. This is when we chose to separate them, and have never regretted it. The two girls are very different from each other and needed their own space to develop. The boy is, well, the only boy of the group, and also needed to be on his own a bit. I found that though separated, they always knew where each other was. When younger, they always kept tabs on each other in the playground, even when not playing together. When they were older, they knew each other's schedules/who has what when, even when I couldn't keep it straight. They developed their own friends. Some overlap, the girl from her class takes tennis with the other, etc. Good overlap. In the past few years they've usually been invited to parties together, unless it was "just girls". And now, in middle school, my son requested to go to a separate school than his sisters! Guess he REALLY needed his space! Yes, it is more complicated, different friends and different parent-teacher nights and different school trips and which class has a book report due on which day -- but no more complicated than three separate kids.
It's a super adventure! Enjoy every minute! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter