• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Off today!

bethiepops

Earning My Ears
We set off today for an overnight stay in London then getting eurostar in the morning! Any advice for first time eurostar travelers?

Also upon coming back our eurostar gets to London for about 1946, we are due on the 2100 train to Newcastle from kings cross, is this enough tome to get from eurostar to kings cross?

You should have plenty of time as the two stations are just over the road from each other and joined by a variety of a underground passages. I guess it all depends on how quickly you get through passport control, but I've never known it take very long.

Have a great time :)

You should have plenty of time as the two stations are just over the road from each other and joined by a variety of a underground passages. I guess it all depends on how quickly you get through passport control, but I've never known it take very long.

Have a great time :)

When do you go through passport control arriving in the UK on Eurostar ? :confused3

I've always just got of the train down the travelator thingy, turn the corner and out past customs. Did it again last month like I do every month.

You pass both checks in Paris.

Is this something that is only in place for when you come from MLV ?

Bethiepops have a lovely time - You should be getting the sun today and tomorrow and it's supposed to be getting warmer :cool1:

When do you go through passport control arriving in the UK on Eurostar ? :confused3

I've always just got of the train down the travelator thingy, turn the corner and out past customs. Did it again last month like I do every month.

You pass both checks in Paris.

Is this something that is only in place for when you come from MLV ?

We've had it the last couple of times arriving at Ashford last year (both times direct train from MLV), I just assumed it would be the same in St Pancras. Strange if it isn't, but I'm all for extra security these days!

If there is no passport check in St Pancras then there will be even more time - a quick coffee before heading up North!

I took the direct train from MLV to St Pancras in December and there was passport control at St Pancras. The British/EU lines moved very fast, but the non-EU line was very very slow...

I took the direct train from MLV to St Pancras in December and there was passport control at St Pancras. The British/EU lines moved very fast, but the non-EU line was very very slow...

It must be when you come from MLV then as from Gare du Nord to St Pancras there isn't anything on arrival.

Leaving from GdN you do first French passport control followed immediately after by English passport control and then baggage scan. In London you just walk through and out.

Same as arrival at GdN you just get off the train, walk along the platform and off into the station as they have checked your passport at St P.

What controls do they do at MLV when you are leaving or arriving then ? :)

It must be when you come from MLV then as from Gare du Nord to St Pancras there isn't anything on arrival.

Leaving from GdN you do first French passport control followed immediately after by English passport control and then baggage scan. In London you just walk through and out.

Same as arrival at GdN you just get off the train, walk along the platform and off into the station as they have checked your passport at St P.

What controls do they do at MLV when you are leaving or arriving then ? :)

Normally when you arrive at Marne la Vallée from London there are non, just straight off the train then out of the station. All security and passport checks are done in London. When leaving Marne la Vallée you go though French Passport Control, with French Police doing security checks then UK Boarder Control and then onto the train. When you arrive in London its straight off the train at St Pancras without any further checks.

But when I arrived back into London from a trip to Pars last week I went through full passport control at both Gare du Nord and then again at St Pancras on arrival as well. Plus there were French rail police checking tickets on the train between Paris and Lille. Then at Lille armed British Police got on the train together with UK customers officers who were doing random passport checks.

Then when we were coming into London there was a PA announcement on the train that 'all passports and all tickets were being checked by UK Borders at the exit'. Friends traveling from Brussels Midi to London St Pancras last week also had this experience.

Looks like it's quite variable then - when I took the direct MLV-London train in December there was just French border control (which was just someone walking along the line of people looking at passports) at MLV. There was no UK border control at MLV or on the train, which would explain why there was then UK border control at St Pancras...

I vaguely, note the emphasis on vaguely, remember someone posting last year that passport control was now going to be at St Pancras and to allow extra time for onward journeys ..... but with search not working I'm not going to be able to find it easily.

I think passport control back into St Pancras is the norm now, last summer we had it coming back on the Monday evening yet the previous 2 years we just got straight off and right back into things.

have fun:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: in two weeks time we will be also first timers on Eurostar after a night in London...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter