Off the Page character sketches

carrothead73

Earning My Ears
I've heard about the character sketches from Off the Page. I love sketches would like to pick up a couple while we are at Disneyland later this year. I was wondering about a couple of things... Firstly, how much are they? Secondly, do they draw all Disney characters or is there a more limited selection? and finally can you watch your own drawing be done or do you just purchase from a selection of already drawn sketches.

Thanks for you replies! :goodvibes

Natalie

My daughter gets one or two of these every visit! If I remember correctly, it was between $35-40 unframed. There is a book of characters to choose from. They'll ask you to choose two colors to be used in the sketch. If you are unsure, they will suggest a combination that would work.

Every time we've gone they have been a bit backlogged. On average it takes a day or so for them to get to our sketch, so we order them on our first day.

Hope that helps!

When my daughter gets home I will have her get them out and I'll take pictures to post. They're really cute!

Oh! I heard through the grapevine that they also have an artist in the back of the Disneyana store too! We plan to check that out when we go in December.

For 1 character, it's $35, for 2, it's $65, I think. Don't forget to add tax on top of that. I like to get one every visit as well! For 1 character, you get to choose 2 colors, for 2 you get to choose three. There's also a drawing of Mickey and Friends and Pooh and Friends, but I'm not sure how much they cost. If I remember correctly, it would be $95.

They have a fairly wide variety of characters, but the newest films aren't usually in the character book yet (ex. I don't think they have Merida in there yet)

I have yet to watch an artist work on my own drawing. Typically when I order a drawing, the artist is already working on another sketch. I also recommend to purchase the sketch early in the morning because the later you purchase, the later your sketch will be ready by.

If you don't want to wait, there's sketches available for purchase already. Also, take a look at the sketches of the month! Sometimes they come already framed (AKA way more expensive) but usually the frame comes with a little pin. They look very nice, but because you can't personalize framed sketches, I haven't justified spending the money for them yet.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much! That has been so helpful! We'll definitely head over early in our stay. They're a great souvenir and easy to pack! :)

Thanks again,

Natalie

My DS got an Oswald sketch. We just got home 3 days ago and we have to go to Michaels and get it framed. He loves it.

My DS got an Oswald sketch. We just got home 3 days ago and we have to go to Michaels and get it framed. He loves it.

Just curious, was it one that was commissioned or one that was already done that you just bought? What I mean was, there are some that are on display, already pre-made, for the same prices, and then there's the book that you can pick a drawing out of and then the artist will do it when next he/she's free and you have to come back to pick it up later after it's done. I remember seeing the Oswald sketches at Oswald's Gas in BVS but I didn't flip through the entire book of options so I wasn't sure he was even offered. So which option did you go with?

Also, just for kicks, would you be willing to posting a picture of it? I happen to like Oswald now, after playing most of Epic Mickey xD If not, that's cool, no worries

I have four of these now from various Disneyland and Disney World visits I've made over the past few years. A couple of things to note:

-If you wish to have your sketches framed, they have suitable frames available in the store for (I think) $30.

-Annual pass discounts do not apply to the sketches since they're considered unique pieces, but if you get a frame, the discount will apply to that.

Anyway, here are pictures of a couple of the sketches I have:

IMAG1947.jpg

IMG_3003.jpg

Vexorg, thanks so much for posting the pictures! I LOVE these and will definitely be investing in a couple while we are visiting! I'm even more excited to get there now! :)

What size are these? They look like 11X14...I've seen them while in Off The Page, but didn't realize they were that reasonable. Dayum, something more to buy...lol...

What size are these? They look like 11X14...I've seen them while in Off The Page, but didn't realize they were that reasonable. Dayum, something more to buy...lol...

11x14 is correct. You can have them personalized too: up to a certain number of characters, you can have the artist write whatever you want on it. For example, DGF and I got a sketch of Lightning McQueen done June 15th, and so we had the artist write "DCA Grand Re-Opening, June 15th, 2012" on it (artist chooses the placement of the text and writes it in Disney-font).

Also, when I checked Off the Page on August 22nd, they already had Merida. That's a pretty quick turn around, I think.

They've been adding some new choices lately (When I got my latest one a couple of weeks ago I noted they've started adding some Phineas and Ferb and Perry the Platypus sketches, unfortunately no Doofenschmirtz yet though) but they weren't in the book yet. I think I also saw some Oswald sketches that appear to be a fairly recent addition as well.

And yes, 11x14" is correct, and the matte is included with the sketch.

Does anyone know if they have a Carl and ellie one? Or anything from up? We are having an up themed wedding in May and would love to have something like this made:-)

Since Cruella isn't new do they have her? Would they put any text on it?

Just curious, was it one that was commissioned or one that was already done that you just bought? What I mean was, there are some that are on display, already pre-made, for the same prices, and then there's the book that you can pick a drawing out of and then the artist will do it when next he/she's free and you have to come back to pick it up later after it's done. I remember seeing the Oswald sketches at Oswald's Gas in BVS but I didn't flip through the entire book of options so I wasn't sure he was even offered. So which option did you go with?

Also, just for kicks, would you be willing to posting a picture of it? I happen to like Oswald now, after playing most of Epic Mickey xD If not, that's cool, no worries

It was a commissioned one. If I can figure it out I'll post it :goodvibes

Does anyone know if they have a Carl and ellie one? Or anything from up? We are having an up themed wedding in May and would love to have something like this made:-)

I believe they have Carl, not sure if they've got Ellie though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter