Off the beaten path...

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
hello...Besides being ridiculously excited about our upcoming trip, I was thinking about taking my boyfriend away from the theme parks for abit, just to give him some breathing room since he has never been and i am scared it may be a bit overwhelming for him. I was wondering if anyone couldb recommend somewhere for us to go and check out? Doesn't have to be a touristy type of place, just something totally different. We have heard about the Wall Street Plaza and will probably go there for a night, but is there anything else that people can suggest? We are pretty outgoing and adventurous, but we are open to suggestions...it doesn't have to be a nightclub.

Thanks - Jo

Hello

I'm not sure if you have done this but one thing we like to do is drive thru Celebration, the city. It lets us see how the other half lives :rotfl2:

The homes are beautiful and the downtown area is so quaint.

I would also suggest Flea Markets in the area. And if you have some time you might want to go to the Tampa/St. Petersburgh Area. About an hour and half away. Try to find the Wagon Wheel Flea Market or The Pier/John's Pass which last time we were there had the Ship used in the movie Mutiny on the Bounty. You can also go on the Gulf Coast to Reddington Beach or Clearwater Beach. Take a map or GPS ! :cool1:

And of course the Cape isn't far away if he's into Space Exploration. We once saw a shuttle take off from Titusville. That was awesome and something we won't soon forget! :woohoo:

Of course there is Downtown Disney Marketplace which we go to quite often day or night..and let's not forget the nite clubs at Pleasure Island :thumbsup2

We have gone to Daytona and I guess if you haven't been maybe you should go BUT I don't think we will go again. We went a few years ago it was at the end of Biker Week and there had been two murders on the beach the night before. Wasn't impressed:scared1: !

Anyway there are a few ideas for you...

Have a great trip..

We just got back Wed. and went to Celebration for the first time (really beautiful;) ) and also went to Cypress Gardens which we haven't been to in quite a few years......a very,lovely and relaxing park with tons now for kids to do too!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter