Off the beaten path attractions/events/dining?

Carrie Singer

Earning My Ears
Hi all. In my other planning question posts this week people have mentioned other activities that I would have never stumbled upon myself (Wishes Dessert Party, Wishes Fireworks Cruise, Osborne Family Lights, Chip'N'Dale campfire at Fort Wilderness...). Are there any more I should be aware of going on in November?
Thanks so much,
Carrie

Carriage ride or sleigh ride (holiday season - only at FW) from either Fort Wilderness or POR. There is also a Wagon ride around FW which if you are there late November then you could see the holiday decorations the campers put up.

I'm not sure if they still do it, but we went to an evening campfire and movie on the beach between Poly and GF a few years ago. They even sold a s'mores package for $7-8 that fed all four of us!

Second the mini-golf, we really like Winter Summerland.

Someone mentioned the walking trail between Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness Campground, it's about one mile long, we have always seen deer on the walk, but note that there are no lights, and it gets very dark when the sun goes down.

We have rented surreys (4-wheel 2-person bikes) at Port Orleans Riverside.

Head over to the Boardwalk at night and walk around. Get a funnel cake, watch some performers and stop off at the Boardwalk bakery and get a few things to bring back to your resort. Fantasia Gardens is a short walk from the Boardwalk, so you can add in a round of mini golf.

Fort Wilderness has a ton of activities - horseback riding or pony rides, archery lessons, petting zoo, bike or golf cart rental to see all the campsites, boat rentals, wagon rides, Hoop De Doo, Chip and Dale sing-along and campfire, Wishes fireworks on the beach, Electrical Water Pageant on the beach. You can spend an entire day there for sure.

We love mini golf and do it every trip, prefer Winter/Summerland.

Regarding the Osborne Lights, you wouldn't have missed that for sure. It's huge!!!

Since we stay at Board Walk we enjoy the evening magic and juggling acts there, one can see the aerials of Illuminations from several places, the Belle Vue Lounge offers a 2nd story porch for people watching and drinks and inside it's a 30's style lounge with classic old radio programs playing on classic old radios. When it's not too crowded we enjoy a surrey bike ride around the lake.

Bill From PA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter