off-site wheelchair rental

disneydiva2007

Mouseketeer
We are having a familiy reunion at Disney beginning Thanksgiving Day....it will be the first trip for our father and we need to get a wheelchair for him. He has several medical conditions and does not have the stamina for long periods of walking. I was planning on renting one at the parks but after reading here that they could run out - I want to rent one off- site. Can anyone recommend a place we can rent from?

Thanks,
:hippie:

The disABILIITIES FAQ stickied at the top of the forum has information on renting from offsite and about the different companies.

The disABILIITIES FAQ stickied at the top of the forum has information on renting from offsite and about the different companies.
::yes::
The companies that are listed there are ones that DIS posters have used and recommended over tthe years.
There are a number of companies listed there because different people have different ones that they really have had good experiences with.
Some people like Randy's because they deliver the ECV right to your room and will make sure you understand everything about it. Others like another company because it the ECv is waiting for them in Bell Services when they arrive.
You should not have a problem with any of those companies.

Thanks you for the info. I'm going to check it out right now. Last night I was doing last minute planning and came across a post that mentioned that they could run out b/c it's Thanksgiving week - and I began to panic. My dad can stand and walk for short periods - but it would be difficult for him. His doctors gave him the greenlight to take this trip -but stressed to us the importance of getting him a wheelchair. Thanks again

I'm sure you guys will appreciate having it around during your whole stay. Just getting around the resort can be daunting, waiting for buses etc.

Have fun on your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter