Off Site vs Disney Resort

zyezye

I'd Rather Be at Disney!
We had booked our December Disney stay at the Poly....and then we got this amazing Sky auction deal for a 2 bedroom suite off site. It just made financial sense to stay off site. We'll be able to do more things at Disney (including a dinner at Victoria and Albert's) by saving the money. Gave up on a pin code or Disney Deal.

Couple of questions for you. Will you have a car? If so, you will be paying for parking every day. If not, does the resort you are thinking about have reliable, regular Disney transportation? In our experience, the off-site transportation is not nearly as convenient. Once you have experienced Disney internal transportation those off-site resorts with "regularly scheduled bus service" to Disney is only regular and convenient for them. The one time we stayed off-site, we had to take a cab back to the resort b/c it was past the time the resort ran their service. More money spent.

I see next to your log in name it says something like,"I'd rather be at Disney," or something close to that. 2 bedroom suite would be nice if you are going to be spending most of your time there. But if it is just room to sleep, I would definitely rather be at the Poly or any other Deluxe resort than off-site.

Good luck deciding...:goodvibes

I don't know if you are asking for an opinion or just describing a great deal. If it were me, I'd stay at a less expensive deluxe instead of staying off site. We've stayed off site twice, and transportation as well as other issues were so aggravating, my husband swore never again. If you plan on keeping your off site reservation, then have a great time!

If the price is the reason for your decision then go for it. I would personally just find a cheaper deluxe(I suggest Wilderness Lodge for the price and proximity to MK). When I vacation I like the idea of driving to be as far from my mind as possible. To me, not driving is a HUGE part of my vacation as gives it far more of a resort feel. But if you dont mind driving, go for it. Good luck and have a great time!

Scott

On these boards, you will find almost everyone prefers staying on site versus off.

Parking costs could be an issue if you're not an Annual Passholder. We always drive to our parks (even when we're staying at the Poly), unless it's MK, but we get to park for free because we're annual passholders.

Whatever you choose, hope you have a great trip!!

In your particular case, I don't think I could pass that up. I don't think I would do it consistently, but once in a while, it is nice to change things up a bit.

Enjoy your dinner at V&A's; that is one of my dreams to do when I retire.

I totally understand your decision to choose off-site and as a PP stated; you won't get much support for that view on this particular board but definitely will on the DIS Orlando Hotels and Attractions Board. Disney's hotel rates without discounts are outrageous when you step back and look at them! We are going through that sticker shock after almost four years away and just can't stomach the thought of putting our hard earned $$ out for the deluxe rooms without a 30% or greater discount.

And we loved V & A when we went on our first family trip back in 1990! Haven't been able to talk DH into going back but it was wonderful!

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter