off site restaurants

hastrobb

Mouseketeer
I am wondering what restaurants are near the RPR that are inexpensive but still good. I will be traveling with my 2 kids (boy 16/girl 14) Anyone have any suggestions. I will have a car but would prefer not to drive to far.

We just went last month and spent 4 days at RPR. We had a car, but found the food choices at the hotel, and 5 min walk to citywalk too convenient to drive. You can always do the all you can eat US/IOA with citywalk meal deal for 24.99, so you can eat in the park and then have dinner at citywalk. We really loved the food and atmoshere at the Latin Quarter. You can always split meals to help budget, and prices at citywalk restaurants are comparable to other chain restuarants. HTH

There's nothing within walking distance offsite to the RPR. It's about a 20 minute walk over a bridge leading to I-Drive. You could order pizza in from Flippers, and be sure to stock the cooler. I have a couple sites up, lots of choices along I-Drive and Kirkman Road.
Publix
I-Drive

If you like excellent bbq...I would suggest trying Bubbalou's which is in the shopping center on the corner of Kirkman and Conroy...across from Publix. You get A LOT of food for the money and it's only about 10 mins by car from RPR.

Check out the website: http://www.bubbalous.com/

If you like Chinese then head to Kim Wu's on Kirkman. It is right near the bbq place the pp mentioned.

Bahama Breeze is also great but usually has long wait times.

If you turn left onto Kirkman Rd when leaving Universal, there is an Orlando Ale House about 1/2 mile on your right. It is a brew pub but I think I saw some familes there last time. I went a few times and liked the boneless buffalo tenders.

there is so much food that I am positive you can find something to your liking and price range.

either go north on S Kirkman Rd. or south then right (west) on International Drive and you will find virtually every restaurant and type of food imaginable - except Applebees and Macaroni Grill (which is on SR 535 by disney). Sand Lake Rd also has some restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter