Off site resort - Nickhotel - help!

We are doing Nick and Disney World hotel ...on 8/22/09, we will stay 1 night at Nick Hotel and then move onto Disney's Animal kingdom Lodge for 4 nights (I got a 40% discount code for room only that starts 8/23). We then move onto Miami Beach for 4 nights. Anyway, based on my research - transportation from Nick to Animal Kingdom Lodge is bout $16 one way. I booked the Nick Hotel reservation online directly from thr Nick site. I actiualy got a little discount because I am a State government employee.

I originally booked my reservation for Nick thru AAA at their discount which I was told was the same as the Florida resident rate. I then received an email a couple of months ago from the hotel with a discount. I then called and had it changed but the only problem with the discount - I had to pay the room in full, with no cancellation or we loose the money for the 2 nights but the savings was worth it. I had signed up for emails from the site and that is how I received the discount. The room came to $150 a night I think it was. IT was originally $215.00. I figured for the water park it was worth it and the rest and relaxation also as my kids are a little older, 15, 12, 9. I know we will probably follow my 9 year old around. My DD's will hang together.

we are starting our stay for only 1 night at nick and then moving on to Windsor Hills for 5 nights. I hate only staying at these types of places for one night as i feel it may not be enough but i guess its better than nothing. I got a great rate of $119 per night for the two bedroom bunk suite.

Staying on property has way more benefits than staying off-site!! Good news is that the Nickelodeon Hotel is only mere minutes from WDW property!! I pass it every day on my way to work.

Travelocity was running a special...I got a 1br for $99/night in June. They had them for $79/night in May. Try checking there...it may still be available.

Yes, also wondering how you got such a great rate....when are you going?:goodvibes

i am going Aug 24. The rate of $119 didnt start out that way though. I had called nick directly and was given two rates before that final rate. First rate was $220 (not including tax & resort fee) asked if there was a better rate, then given $160 (again not including fx & fee). Asked a final time if that was the absolute best rate they could give me and then came back with the final rate so all in all with all fees & taxes included it would be $155 total. You have to bargain with them a bit, it never hurts to ask. I guess they dont expect many people to ask for better rates and start off with the top one to see what people say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter