Off Site Recommendations ??

alotachips

Mouseketeer
We have always stayed on a Disney resort every time we have gone to Disney. We are possibly looking at staying off site this time. Does anyone have any recommendations for an off site resort. We would also need something that offers shuttle transportation to the parks as we are hoping to avoid renting a car.

People LOVE Wyndham Bonnet Creek. It is a timeshare right near CBR and it offers a shuttle to the parks. The hotels on Hotel Blvd also offer shuttles. Buena Vista Suites also provides transportation.

We have always stayed on a Disney resort every time we have gone to Disney. We are possibly looking at staying off site this time. Does anyone have any recommendations for an off site resort. We would also need something that offers shuttle transportation to the parks as we are hoping to avoid renting a car.

Vistana Villages on I-Drive is very nice and close to the main gate. Its in the middle of everything, near Sea World. I have a timeshare owner that I have rented off of for 10 years. He owns dozens of timeshares in Orlando and has unreal prices with no surprises. You would love that resort I think.

There are TONS of awesome timeshare resorts and rental communities near Disney. By staying offsite, you will get way more space and amenities for far less money vs. staying onsite at a Disney resort. We love staying offsite and wouldn't consider cramming the family into a tiny Disney room for our vacations.

That said....I wouldn't stay offsite without a car. Virtually no offsite hotel or resort will have the really flexible and convenient hotel shuttles of the Disney resorts. Your park arrival and departure options will be limited at best.

We are huge fans of the Sheraton Vistana Resort (the sister property to the resort mentioned by the PP, Vistana Villages). Its a larger, more sprawling resort than the Villages and a little closer to Disney (its actually just around the corner from DTD). Villas are spacious and modern, and the resort offers 7 pools each with a different "feature" (one has a slide, two have waterfalls, one offers poolside movies, two have in-water volleyball nets, one has splash fountains, etc.), 6 outdoor hottubs, sand volleyball courts, basketball courts, 13 tennis courts, a mini golf course, a weekly farmers market, etc. Each 2 bedroom villa has a jacuzzi tub in the master bedroom and a screened in balcony.

Bonnet Creek and Windsor Hills also get a lot of love from Disers, and would be worth checking out. For timeshare resorts, I would personally stick with one of the major corporations (Marriott, Sheraton, Holiday Inn, etc.) as they tend to have a pretty consistent quality standard.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek always gets my vote. It's non-Disney, but still kinda in the bubble. My favorite things about it are the views, you can hear Illuminations fireworks a bit, and if you want to have a chill day you don't necessarily need to leave the resort to enjoy yourself.

First, we *only* stay in condos, townhomes, or villas. Sharing a hotel room with my children is not my idea of a good time, and it's my vacation too.

Given that, if I'm looking for a "resort-style" experience (lots of activity, amenities, etc.) then my #1 choice is Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Very nice property, great pools, and a location that can't be beat. #2 is Sheraton Vistana or one of the Marriott Palms in World Center.

If I'm instead looking for a more private, calmer getaway, I'd go with a pool home at Windsor Hills. Lots of other developments right in that neck of the woods: Emerald Island, Rolling Hills, Formosa Gardens, etc.

We really liked the lake buena vista resort and spa. We have DVC now and stay Disney Deluxe and my 10 year old still asks when we can go back to lake buena visits resort

We love Caribe Royal, it's approx 1-1/2 miles from Disney, right on World Drive, they have free parking (since we drive), no resort fee, free shuttle (which I have never used so I can't speak to how good it is). But for us, what makes it great is for roughly the cost of a moderate room, we get a 2 bedroom suite, with a king bed for my husband and I, 2 queen beds for my teen daughters, 2 full baths (2 person jacuzzi tub in the master as well as walk in shower), full kitchen, living room with pullout couch, dining room, etc. We have stayed in townhouses, etc, and we like them, but I love having the housekeeping service, it isn't vacation to me if I am still picking up after everyone all the time. Plus we are Florida residents, so generally go for 2-4 nights at a time, so would have to pay the extra stuff for the townhouses. Love the main pool with slide and waterfall, love the coffee shop for a quick breakfast, etc. Mainly we use the kitchen for leftover pizza/snacks, but it is great to have that option.

We had also only stayed on property until our last visit in Oct '12. We booked Bonnet Creek on recommendations from the Dis folks.
We loved it and the space we had there. I still love WDW deluxes, but we cannot always swing that and we have 7 in our family which gets really expensive for WDW deluxes.
BC is right beside the Caribbean Beach resort and does offer shuttle services, but I think they are kind of pricy (maybe $6 a person a day?). That would really add up for our 7 ($420 for 10 park days). I love having my own vehicle, but then you have to figure in parking at WDW too. We are saving so much money by staying at BC that the parking costs are nothing. You should be able to get a rental car pretty cheap…check out www.mousesavers.com for their rental car discount codes.

If frequent shuttle service to and from the parks is important to you I've had really good luck at the hilton at bonnet creek and the Waldorf Astoria. Depending on dates you can get some really great rates for these hotels often cheaper than the moderate level disney resorts, and they have a great lazy river pool.

We have used Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista and we like it. If you are diligent you will find a sale or two. The resort is pretty close to Disney.

The included breakfast is wonderful, here. There's an evening reception three times a week and it's all you can eat and it's like a quick service meal. You get wine and beer, too at no cost. There are limited hours on the evening reception.

There are new TVs, but the resort rooms are on the older side, but ok. There's a full size kitchen, sofa bed, and you can get 2 bedroom suites as you described.

The pool is okay and outside.

Recently, I saw a post about Staybridge which is next door and they have recently renovated their rooms. This could be worth a look, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter