Off site hotels

smilie

I've been unwonked!
I'm looking to do a small extended weekend trip in October. I do not need to stay onsite but would like to be in the close proximity of the parks. Has anyone had any luck finding a good priced/decent hotel?

Home rentals tend to be way cheaper than hotels. Check VRBO.com or homeaway.com

I haven't stayed myself, but heard a lot of good things about Caribe Royale. Mousesavers always posts good discount rates. We stayed at a nearby hotel when traveling for DD's volleyball and drove past it many times on our way back and forth to the parks. It's a very easy drive and under 10 minutes to Epcot entrance to give you an idea of location. We stayed at Floridays which is a little bit further away on International Drive, but even there wasn't a bad drive to the parks.

Look at the chain hotels in the downtown disney area.... Mousesavers has discounts on those as well.. They do provide transportation to the parks but they drop you off at the TCC for MK...

Renting a home on VRBO.com is one of the cheapest ways to stay offsite. They'll often work with you on price if you book last minute. Other than that, Bonnet Creek is awesome, but they usually sell out months in advance.

I'm looking to do a small extended weekend trip in October. I do not need to stay onsite but would like to be in the close proximity of the parks. Has anyone had any luck finding a good priced/decent hotel?
The mousesavers .com newsletter always has links for discounted rates at the DtD area hotels. Sign up for it now and you should get your first newsletter on June 15.

We used a cabin at Tropical Palms Resort. They go for about $80 a night. From the door of our cabin to shutting the car off at EPCOT, 8 minutes.

Gaylord. We like it there a lot, great pools, clean rooms and they will bring you to the parks.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek... We absolutely love it and you can get a 1 bed condo starting around $70 a night. And it's pretty much on Disney property is so close!

I haven't stayed myself, but heard a lot of good things about Caribe Royale. Mousesavers always posts good discount rates. We stayed at a nearby hotel when traveling for DD's volleyball and drove past it many times on our way back and forth to the parks. It's a very easy drive and under 10 minutes to Epcot entrance to give you an idea of location. We stayed at Floridays which is a little bit further away on International Drive, but even there wasn't a bad drive to the parks.
We did stay there just this year and enjoyed it. It was nice to have two rooms and a fridge and microwave and so on. Plus the resort has a lot of amenities and there are no resort or parking fees. Watch out for those!

Will you be renting a car, or will you depend on a shuttle from the off site hotel?

How do u go about renting bonnet? I find their website confusing ...
VRBO is great. WBC is a timeshare resort so it's a pain (and more expensive) to rent from them direct. VRBO let's you find the unit you want and then email the owner directly. Btw I have never had problems with pushy sales people there. Just wanted to elaborate because a lot of people hear timeshare and think sales pressure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter