Off Site Hotel with Best Amenities for Kids?

Julia M

DIS Veteran<br><font color =red>not clever, not wi
I have ressies at the HIFS for end of July/beginning of August. The plan for us was to arrive a bit early for our family reunion and just relax at the hotel, and adjust to the time change (from west coast)

So, I wanted a reasonable price, with lots of amenities for kids. The HIFS seemed perfect, especially since we would be around to take advantage of free meals and the activities.

But, I won't stay there if only one pool is open, because I don't want the hassle!

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I don't really care about location....it could be near Sea World or Universal or Disney.

While I'd prefer a suite, a hotel room would be okay, as long as it sleeps 5 (I have three kids).

I really want a nice pool area, too.

Thanks

Julia

I've seen rates ~$110/nt for a 1BR suite at Caribe Royale for next summer at 11th Hour Vacations.com. Cypress Pointe Resort is ~$90/nt for a 2BR villa at Hotel Kingdom.com. Both of these properties are family friendly with attractive pool areas and activities.

If your trip will include a 7-night stay beginning on a Fri/Sat/Sun, consider a weekly timeshare rental from an owner listing on the TUG Classifieds. Many of those resorts are really nice, with lots of family-friendly amenities and fun pool areas. Many of these rentals are for 2BR and 3BR condos and average out to less than $100/night with no added taxes or fees. HTH! :)

I'm not ready to use Hotel Kingdom yet, as there are penalties for cancellations. I'll look over 11th Hour when I get a chance.

The Caribe Royale looks nice, but is $179 on their website.

We are only staying 2 nights, and then checking into Grand Vista by marriott and then vistana. So, I wanted someplace fun to hang out and resonably priced (around $100 or less)

I guess I may have to wait and see what happens at HIFS, then book then. I was just hoping to get a backup.

Julia

We are going in May and are also looking for a nice kid place. I have HIFS on reserve as well. I called them last night and asked about the pool renovations. I was told that although they don't have any specific information regarding a schedule, they are not anticipating the pools to be renovated during the summer months. Most likely the pools will be the last thing to be completed.
We are also looking at the Sheraton Safari. Seems to be nice. Pool area is appealing.
Alot of the hotels do have cheaper rates at places like HotelKingdom etc, but I have been calling most of the properties and asking them to pricematch. All but one has done this. This way the cancellation policies are better.

Have fun.

Regarding the HIFS, I've been looking at other posts on the board and they are much different than what I was told. 10 different people on the phone = 10 different answers.

I'm going to call before I make my final decision about my accommodations.

We stayed in a suite at Sheraton Safari and really liked it. The pool area was very nice and we were able to park right behind our room so you didn't have to walk a mile to you car.

We stay at the Old Country Inn and Suites at Calypso Cay when we arrive before checking into Boardwalk. We love the place. There are 3 pools (one with a slide that is cool), a free mini golf course, playground, game room and I think there is a basketball court. The free continental breakfast is very good and you can eat on the porch. The place is fairly new and very clean and not expensive at all. It is also very close to WDW. All the rooms have mini refrigerators and microwaves. I'd highly recommend checking this place out.

Originally posted by jx3smom
We stay at the Old Country Inn and Suites at Calypso Cay when we arrive before checking into Boardwalk. We love the place. There are 3 pools (one with a slide that is cool), a free mini golf course, playground, game room and I think there is a basketball court. The free continental breakfast is very good and you can eat on the porch. The place is fairly new and very clean and not expensive at all. It is also very close to WDW. All the rooms have mini refrigerators and microwaves. I'd highly recommend checking this place out.

We just stayed at Amerisuites at Calypso Cay for 3 days prior to our DCL. We loved it. Everything is the same as the Old Country Inn and Suites (in fact, you can go to either hotel for breakfast). We got a rate of $33/night through HotelKingdom.com. Had no problems with them - even the resort manager was surprised at the rate we got. It looks like it might be a nice hotel to stay at when the cash is low and we can't make it onsite. Also, it took literally 5 minutes to get to the parks - it's near a turnpike, so for 50 cents toll we got there with no traffic EVER!

It looks like the Country Inn Suites at Calypso Cay is different from the Calypso Cay resort, but maybe I'm wrong. Are they the same property or not? Also can anyone tell me how far from Disney it (or they) is/are and what it/they are near?

They are all part of the same development. They do timesharing there and there are also permanent residents. The two hotels back up against each other so that the pool, mini-golf is in behind each hotels "backyard". The housing is really cute, and although we dream about becoming DVC owners, this wouldn't be a bad place to timeshare either.

Regarding the distance from DW, it took us longer to get to the parks from the Grosvenor than it did from Amerisuites C.C. As I said in my last post, it is seconds away from the exit to the turnpike which leads directly to the main gate. For 50 cents, we hopped on the turnpike and were there in 5 minutes flat. We never hit any traffic either, and if you go past your exit coming back (another minute further), you don't need to pay the 50 cent toll on the return trip (there is an exit, you get off and do a u-turn (which is legal cause there's no sign saying you can't) - and you go through the back of the Calypso Cay area instead of the front.

There is also a supermarket near by and I think an outlet shopping mall, but we never went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter