off site food recommendations

stubb

Mouseketeer
hi all

I was just looking at the main dis site at a thread for places to eat, has anyone tried Logans Roadhouse,Orlando Ale house,Don Pabloes or Macaroni Grill? Fancy trying some new places this time, although cant wait to go back to margaretaville,sweet tomatoes, golden coral........

thanks michelle

Try Olive Garden - nice atmosphere, and great value!!
T.

We have limited experience of restaurants, my son doesn't like dining out but we do like the Outback steakhouse at the junction of the 192 and Formosa Gardens in Kissimmee - mainly because they do 'take away'.

http://www.outback.com/

We had a fabulous lunch at Red Lobster, great shrimp (the coconut shrimp with mango sauce was sooooooooooooooo good!) and steak and I thought it wasn't too expensive.

Logans do some great steaks and cocktails, and the peanuts they have on the table are great fun for the kids to shell! For something completely different Kobe Japanese steakhouse on the 192 is good

TGI Friday's do a gorgeous Jack Daniels Chicken and if you go and your not driving try one of their margaritas :thumbsup2

Ditto DeeDee,
The Jack Daniels Salmon is simply georgous!!
T.

Can highly recommend the Orlando Alehouse chain - we went to the one at Florida Mall. Try the Chicken and Cheese Nachos - $9.00 - my 8 year old daughter had it and it was nearly 1/2 the size of her body! Could have easily fed all 5 of us!!! Some great food and beers - try the bartenders recommendations - lots of real ale and microbrewery choices at 2 dollars a pint.

Others that impressed:

Cafe TuTu Tango
Chillies - great value
Bahama Breeze
Salt Island Chop House - expensive but superb seafood and steaks

I recommend Don Pablos, ask for the beer, it comes in what looks like goldfish bowls! I would also recommend the Olive Garden and Tony Romas.

We always go to The Red Lobser at least once. Usually it is for dinner and we pop in on the way back from Walmart :thumbsup2

Don't forget KFC too :rolleyes: - actually we rather like it, much better than in the UK.

JohnnySharp2 said:
Don't forget KFC too :rolleyes: - actually we rather like it, much better than in the UK.

So is Pizza Hut. :thumbsup2 Why can't the American chains over here be up to the same standard as in the U.S?

Nick

JohnnySharp2 said:

Absolutely!!!!! Much better.

Others we like include Red Lobster, Chili's, Texas de Brazil for a nice meal, Bubbalou's Bodacious BBQ, Dixie Crossroads, Kobe and macaroni Grill.

I have also heard great things about the Melting Pot, a fondue resturant, but I don't like melted cheese!

Where is the Melting Pot? We love cheese! My wife Donna would also like to try lobster, is the Red Lobster good and where is it? We are staying in Quality Inn Plaza I Drive. :thumbsup2

martinrmn said:
Where is the Melting Pot? We love cheese! My wife Donna would also like to try lobster, is the Red Lobster good and where is it? We are staying in Quality Inn Plaza I Drive. :thumbsup2

The Melting Pot, Orlando. Address:. 7549 W. Sand Lake Rd. , Orlando, FL 32819-5019.

Not too far from where you are staying I would say.

There are probably a few Red Lobster restaurants, never been there myself but try:

http://www.redlobster.com/get_together/default.asp

stubb said:
hi all

I was just looking at the main dis site at a thread for places to eat, has anyone tried Logans Roadhouse,Orlando Ale house,Don Pabloes or Macaroni Grill? Fancy trying some new places this time, although cant wait to go back to margaretaville,sweet tomatoes, golden coral........

thanks michelle

We are fans of Logans Roadhouse. There was a good choice and nice food. Also you get buckets of salted peanuts in their shells - as much as you want. All the shells just go on the floor - great fun for the kids after they work out they're not going to be told off for dropping things.

thanks for all the replies I want to do orlando ale house and logans.We tried bahama breeze once but the food was cold still probably worth a second try I have found that you rarely get food that is piping hot has any one else found this? For chinese food I would reccommend dragon court which is at the crossroads next to athletes foot if you go for lunch or between 4pm-6pm the food is lovely,buffet style and very resonable during these times.

In no particular order these are places you simply have to eat at.

Black Angus- Best steak in Orlando and they do luverly soup.

Tony Romas- Stunning ribs and steak, also the garlic bread they give you is very nice.

Chillis- Only been there once and that was the last day of our last trip and it was really nice, will be 1st on our list on our return in Jan.

Dennys- Really nice breakfast and good choice at lunch time if you dont fancy a big meal.

Ohanas at the Polynesian- Best place to eat at Disney by far. Excellent food and service. Bit more expensive but well worth it.

Last but not least.

Wild Bills Buffalo wings- Best place for chicken wings in Orlando they are stunning. Its a nice place to go for a snack or when you dont feel like eating a big meal.

Got to go now as i am starving after writing this popcorn:: :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter