Off-site, but close to WDW, Buffet Restaurants

LekiaHall

Mouseketeer
Not really sure where to post this, so hopefully this is right! :confused3

On my trip next year to WDW, in addition to cooking at our rental home and a character meal on our last evening, I’d also like a few off-site sit-down meals with the kids. My children vary in ages and tastes, so what usually works best for us is something buffet style where variety is plentiful. Can anyone suggest suitable buffet restaurants that are relatively close to WDW? We’ll be staying at Windsor Hills resort, so it would be nice to find something that wasn’t more than a 10-15 minute drive.

Thanks in advance!

There are several Golden Corral and Ponderosa restaurants all over the tourist areas in Orlando(Lake Buena Vista,International Drive,192 in Kissimmee etc..)One that's pretty close to Disney in the Lake Buena Vista area is the Golden Corral on 535 just south of I-4,on the north side of I-4 is the Hotel Plaza blvd Disney entrance that leads to Downtown Disney.There's also a couple of Sweet Tomatoes salad buffet restaurants,one by Lake Buena Vista and one on Kirkiman rd and International Drive close to Universal.

(2005 info)

Shoney's buffet, "home cooked" style.
On 192 in southwest quadrant of 192/Sherberth/Entrypoint intersection, in turn a few lights west of World Drive (Main Gate). A Golden Corral buffet is here too. Also Sherberth Rd. goes north to Osceola Pkwy at the entrance to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Ace buffet (Chinese) on south side of 192 west of 429 Western Beltway and at the Howard Johnson motel.

Leaving Hotel Plaza Blvd at 535 and Goodings plaza take left on 535, next light go straight half a block take a right into a small shopping plaza; Kinko's/Fedex and a Chinese buffet.

Disney hints: http://www.cockam.com/disney.htm

SWEET TOMATOES!!!

It is also part of the soup plantation chain.

Located near DTD, the buffet focuses on "green" food; salads, soups, breads, potatoes, with a pasta option and other items.

It's one of my favorite restaurants down here, my husband and I eat there all the time.

http://www.souplantation.com/

Cici's Pizza: 3 locations near WDW ... SR-535 about 2 blocks south of I-4 (on the East side of the street), Palm Pkwy (off SR-535 about 2 blocks north of I-4) in the plaza with the Hooters, or on US-192 between Sherberth Rd and Black Lake Rd.

Golden Corral has several locations nearby. I've found the one on SR-535 1 block north of I-4 is the best one. The others have all struck me as somewhat sketchy.

The Ace Chinese Buffet on 192 has moved across the street, into the "Shoppes at Vista Del Lago", and has renamed themselves "China Super Buffet", but the food is good.

SWEET TOMATOES!!!!!!!!!! i eat there probably once a week! even kids love it cause on the bread bar part there's a pizza bread that is so yummy! salads are good, they're soups are wonderful (there's always about 8-10 different soups) and of course the dessert bar is a favorite with the kids.
it's at the crossroads across from the lake buena entrance to disney world (SR 535)

Thank you all so much for the quick replies. These all sound like great options, especially the Chinese buffet. :banana::banana:

I would recommend the Sweet Tomatoes Buffet in the Crossroads Center across from Downtown Disney.

I would also strongly recommend the Dragon Court Buffet in the little strip mall behind the IHOP across from Crossroads. (If coming out of Hotel Plaza Blvd, make a left onto SR535, at the first light make a U-turn and then a right into the strip mall.) I have tried many Chinese buffets close to WDW and that is the best.

And, as for CiCi's Pizza, I consider it a large step down from Pizza Hut!

Has anyone tried the buffet Boston Lobster Feast?

If you want something more upscale, I'd definitely recommend Texas De Brazil. It's a brazilian bbq place, so they bring around skewers of about 6 different kinds of meet to your table and there is also a large salad bar/buffet area. The food is absolutely amazing. It's on the expensive side but if you sign up in advance on their website they send crazy coupons. We got a 25% off coupon for everyone's meal that saved us a ton of money. I can't recommend it enough.

If you have money or credit cards you could drive yourself crazy trying to decide which one to go to, just on RT. 192. They are everywhere. You don't even have to give that problem a thought.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter