• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Off-site 2 bedroom.

slzer0

DIS Veteran
New to the idea of Off-site stays, looking for something ridiculously close to parks. Fun pools for off days.

Accommodation for parents in one room, babies in another, and a pullout for college student and friend/boyfriend. (6)

What are your favorites?
Are there hidden costs I wouldn't be aware of?
No timeshare presentations please. Lol

I did read about silver Lake and one other. Stuff like these. :) links to pics a biiig plus.

Thanks!

Well, feel free to join us over on the Sheraton Vistana Resort thread. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3148502 lots of pictures to browse through and tons of information about the resort. Super close to Disney (10-15 minutes to the parking lot of Disney parks, and very good access to SeaWorld and Universal Resort. It meets all of your requirements and is a step above Silver Lake (I own weeks at both resorts).

If you are thinking of a more high-rise/apartment feel, check out Wyndham Bonnet Creek - you can't miss that thread on this board; it's wildly popular. Other popular choices are the Marriott "Palms" Resorts at World Centre Drive and the Hilton Grand Vacation Clubs at I-Drive or Parc Soleil.

Note that these ARE all timeshares, but none require you to attend a presentation unless you book a special discount package that requires it. These packages are usually pretty easy to spot - if the price is too good to be true, then check the fine print.

Don't limit your search to a 2br. There are lots of 3BR units priced the same or less than 2BR. Oakwater Resort is really close to WDW, right off 192. They have a lagoon style zero entry pool, fountain splash area, playground, etc. We really enjoy it. Every unit has it's own driveway, so you can park close. The time we rented there, we stayed at www.enjoyoakwater.com.

Anne

Caribe royale 2 bedroom villa. Its a full service hotel, not a timeshare resort. No parking or resort fees!

My kids (10 and 7) and I really like Marriott Harbour Lake. Although it is a Marriott Vacation Club, I have never been contacted about buying property after making hotel reservations through their website. I have seen other reviews that said they had been contacted. Harbour Lake is great for little ones because of the pools (heated) and the activities. There is a mini-golf course, basketball courts, pool tables, Ping-Pong, and hourly organized activities. There are many great off-site resorts. Be sure to check TripAdvisor too.

We loved Windsor Hills. You could get a 3bdrm townhouse with private splash pool and Windsor Hills has a great resort pool with waterslide. They also have condos. It isn't a timeshare. It is very close to the parks and an easy drive. Tons of themed condos, townhomes and houses. We have only done a 6bdrm, but I can tell you the resort is super clean and has a lot of fun stuff for the kids. The resort pool was wonderful!!

http://**************************/windsorhills.html

You can find rentals on VRBO, but this website gives you good pictures of ammenities.

Guess you can't post the website here. Just search windsor hills rentals and it will come up

my family recently vised and stood at Westgate Town Center it was just at the back door of animal kingdom Disney.

Thanks everyone. Extremely close proximity is definitely a priority as well as a fun pool. I'll map all these locations. I know silver Lake is very close to the parks, I'm curious to see when other are as well.

Just saw a Wyndham video that mentions a shuttle. Where do these drop off? Ttc?

I second Lady Jayne's suggestion of Caribe, it's about 10 minutes drive to Disney, free parking, free shuttles (though I have never used these). They do charge for wifi, but if you sign up for Stash Rewards, you get Wifi for free.
The 2 bedroom has full kitchen, laundry room, dining room, living room with pullout couch. Master bedroom has a king bed and private bath with walk in shower plus a 2 person jacuzzi tub. 2nd bedroom has 2 queen beds. 2nd bath has standard tub/shower combo.

I love that I can choose to throw in a load of laundry (they even provide the laundry detergent) once in a while, but no timeshare, and daily housekeeping included. Also, they have 2 pools, the villa pool which is closest to the 2 bedroom buildings is fairly small but nice with a little waterfall and hot tub. Then the main pool is very large, has a large waterfall, water slide, poolside bar, etc.

Checking these out on TripAdvisor now to look at some photos. Definitely more interested in a separate-unit feel than a hotel feel..
I don't know why, it must just be the photos, but do some of these condos look like they have very weirdly low ceilings.?

Ok so Marriott Harbour Lake is so pretty! It's the first one I've seen with a bit of theming, a lot of these other condo buildings look like the million random gated communities I live nearby ;)
How quick is the drive? Investigating floor plans here.
Any ideas where to get a good deal?

Wyndham Bonnet Creek is the very closest off-site property. It is on a chunk of land surrounded by WDW (Walt missed that parcel!), and is as close to the parks as many Disney resorts. It has a Caribbean theme with many swimming bools, a small lazy river, and a pirate ship slide.

Hi! I'm sorry I can't help with information on the drive from Harbour Lake to the Disney parks. We've stayed there twice this year, but we were not doing the Disney thing on either trip. Maybe someone else can help. You can also try MapQuest or your site of choice to get basic information on the route and estimated time. Those are generally good, but don't always account for traffic. I think I've also seen a thread here or on the Sea World forum about driving between the parks (Harbour Lake is very close to Sea World).

It is too bad the Marriott site does not have floor plans. Maybe if you called the property, they could send you something. You can try looking at the photos on their site and on TripAdvisor and maybe get somewhat of an idea of the layouts. We did not stay in a villa, but the standard king guest room. It was very roomy for me and my two kids (10 and 7).

As far as deals, they are offering a Marriott Rewards member deal now. If you are not a member, it is easy to join. If you were willing to get their credit card for a year, you may get additional discounts. I used to luck out with promo codes for Marriott on sites like retailmenot.com, but have not tried them lately. I'm using the Rewards member deal for a trip there in December.

I meant to add that I also stayed at the Caribe a couple years ago for a conference, and it was a very nice property, as others have noted. It had an awesome gym, which I appreciated. I stayed in a standard room and was a conference dweeb with no family, so I can't provide much more information on the sort of amenities you would need.

I would also suggest looking into Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I have not stayed there, but it is obviously very popular among people here! And who doesn't love a lazy river! People here also seem to like the Sheraton Vistana. You probably can't go wrong with any of the properties discussed. If you can get some kind of great deal at any of them, you might want to jump on it and feel good about your choice!

Checking these out on TripAdvisor now to look at some photos. Definitely more interested in a separate-unit feel than a hotel feel..
I don't know why, it must just be the photos, but do some of these condos look like they have very weirdly low ceilings.?

Our top floor 2 bedroom/2 bathroom Fountains unit at Sheraton Vistana Resort had a wonderful, high, vaulted ceiling with a skylight. It made the unit feel HUGE and light and airy. It might be just what you are looking for :) .

This section also has the separate-unit feel that you are seeking versus the hotel style properties. Our building had only six units in it....two on the ground floor, two in the middle, and two on the 3rd.

We booked a hotel on Hotwire that was a 2 bedroom. I think it was called "Lake Buena Vista Resort". It was great, and I recommend it. Very close, plus free parking, and free wifi. Our place had a full kitchen, laundry facilities, etc. If your'e doing the Hotwire route, this might help you find out what hotel you'll get: http://www.hoteldealsrevealed.com. Two bathrooms is also kinda nice.

Hidden Fees: Yes, there are usually resort fees at many hotels in Orlando. They are not 'hidden' so much, but they don't have a glowing sign to draw your attention either. This is a good resource that tells you what the hotel resort fee or other hidden mandatory fees might be. http://www.resortfeechecker.com/hotel_resort_fees_orlando_fl.html

I totally think you're doing it the right way. We have a big family and need the extra space, so a 2-bedroom is highly desired for so many reasons... different bedtimes, kitchen to make your own meals, saving your sanity, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter