• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Off Season

The fall during hurricain season is about the lowest price time of year. We have cruised in September/October 7 times and love it. If there is a storm the ship just goes someplace else.

When considering the price of a cruise remember that your on board entertainment and all your food is included. You will pay extra for speciality drinks and excusion. Also any gifts from the gift shops on board and items bought while off the ship in port.

Do not forget to add in the cost of tips at about 77 dollars per person for a 7 day cruise. In the in it is a little more than WDW but still a fair deal for the level of service you get.

Off season is roughly the Hurricane Season from mid-August through October, and the post-holiday season that runs from the week after January 1st up to President's Day or Valentine's Day, whichever comes first.

I have found January to have decent prices. Disney will have on average much higher fares than other cruise lines. You can try cruising on a line other than Disney for much better prices.

Grumpy, I just want to add a bit here...

My cruise price for a seven night cruise has been roughly $670 (not including taxes and fees, but that isn't a horrible add on). I cruise in a standard inside stateroom (catagory 11) to save $$ the third full week of October every year. If I want a view, I just go somewhere on the ship and find one. And let me tell ya, do the math on a regular vacation stay and factor in all the food you think you could possibly eat and then add in the activities... you WILL be over the price of a cruise. So, for 2 people about $1400 with all the fantastic food you can eat almost 24 hours a day, the shipboard activities, shows, movies, and parties, transportation to beautiful tropical islands... It's a steal. I usually don't even do excursions. I do it on the cheap. I get off of the boat and do some shopping and then come back early and jump in a hot tub or the pool since it's practically empty. I do this every year as a treat to myself for my stresful job. It is "my time." Hey, try it once. You don't ever have to do it again. But I think you will be hooked after the first one. Disney's gues service is like no others. Sure you can cruise for less on other lines... I wouldn't. I wouldn't do anything shorterthan a seven night. You get much more bang for your buck on a seven night. Start researching by purchasing a Passporter's Guide to the Disney Cruise Line and it's Port's of Call. GREAT information!! it is the bible for many DCl cruisers. I purchase a new one every year! Pixie dust to you :wizard:

Penny

Do not hesitate to book a cat 12 gty. It will save you some serious money, and as above, there are plenty of public areas on the ship where you will be outside. First, you save money with the cat 12. THen you save by using a Disney Visa card to pay for the trip and book with a TA who will give an onboard credit. For your next cruise, you do an onboard rebooking!

There are several dates available in 2009-10 where an adult can sail for $599 + some tax that makes it $647 per person with 2 in a cabin. $1300 for 2 people for 7 days...that's way cheaper than I can do WDW.

As others have said, other lines are cheaper, but Disney is second to none.

I've found that the weeks before/after major holidays often have great deals - we cruised the week AFTER Thanksgiving on DCL and got category 12's for $599/person plus a $50 shipboard credit...and that was booking through Expedia (before I knew of Dreams). I think you just have to keep checking the rates. Also, you can often get a great last-minute cruise deal - I know a lot of folks who wait until a few weeks to a few months out to book to see what specials the cruiselines will offer...if the cruise line isn't full, they'll start offering really good deals. If you aren't traveling with school-age children and are flexible in your travel dates, you may want to try this.

if you are looking to go soon there are some dates in 9/09 for $599per person cat 12 7 nights. book thru DU and get a $100 obc.

If you'd like to come to California, I've booked a cruise right after Thanksgiving, 7-nt Mexican Riviera, for $349., cat JJ (equivalent to cat. 11). It's an absolute steal of a deal. I don't usually cruise other lines but this deal was too good to pass up. It still means kids and you would be out of school... Deals are out there but your schedule is prohibitive. I retired a year ago from school work (braille transcriber) so I know the limitations. Your time will come... Best of luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter