Off Kilter's Last Day is September 27

Team Disney needs a NEW COACH!

Very sad.

I'll write Disney guest communications and express my disappointment this afternoon.

I agree writing letters and getting it off our chests makes us feel better. Heck, we might even get a call back from an empathetic CM who supposedly feels our pain. But, in the end, Disney does what Disney wants (as it has every right), and the only thing that will truly change their minds is the bottom line. Until large numbers of people vote with their wallets and the turnstiles slow down, this trend will continue.

We used to go to Disney every year but have taken time off recently and now discuss future visits in terms of if we go back rather than when we go back. And, I never thought that would be the case. :sad1:

It's not being dwindled down. It's being replaced. I get that people are upset about losing Off Kilter and others, but there ARE going to be replacements.

In 8 weeks! Even if you are okay with Disney replacing these performers, why do them it at once? Why not roll in new entertainment every six months or so.

WAIT: what about if they grab that ice rink from the Frozen stuff and do a hockey exhibition show in Canada?!? :idea:

Nah. I still like Jannasis' comedy idea better. :goodvibes

What's missing with all these replacements? Live music, played by real musicians! Nothing gives an area a jolt of energy like live music. You don't even have to stop to enjoy it. I usually just pass by Off Kilter, singing along and bouncing to the music, just enjoying the atmospherics. Dollars to doughnuts all these new acts will perform to pre-recorded tracks. Not, the same - at all. I really, really hope my fears are misplaced and that the new acts will be fantastic but there's no escaping the fact that we are losing three live musical acts; including one with American historical roots.

Well, it sounds like for my October trip, there will be NO entertainment in the areas previously served by these acts...in addition to the fact that other acts were cut earlier in the year. Back to the spreadsheet, changing the amount of time planned for Epcot to basically, eating there.

Sad. "OK" gone---- replaced by a new "thrilling" attaraction in Canada-

disney-frozen-kristoff-sven.jpg

I agree writing letters and getting it off our chests makes us feel better. Heck, we might even get a call back from an empathetic CM who supposedly feels our pain. But, in the end, Disney does what Disney wants (as it has every right), and the only thing that will truly change their minds is the bottom line. Until large numbers of people vote with their wallets and the turnstiles slow down, this trend will continue.

I agree with you 100%. Unless they feel it in their bottom line they will continue to do what they want. It did feel good to put my .02 cents in though! I own one share of Disney stock was tempted to use the "I am a stockholder!"....line but my common sense kicked in! :rotfl2:

Well, it sounds like for my October trip, there will be NO entertainment in the areas previously served by these acts...in addition to the fact that other acts were cut earlier in the year. Back to the spreadsheet, changing the amount of time planned for Epcot to basically, eating there.

I am in the same boat as you :sad1:

Sssshhhhh... dont see "eating there" too loud--- Disney might decide to charge a cover fee to enter the restaurants, and make the meal a "hard ticket" event--- You can look around, but if you want to eat, its $99 a person, and no more entrees.... Dessert only.

I can't even begin to express how disappointed I am. Off Kilter is my absolute favorite attraction at Epcot. I always make time to see them and usually twice. They make my heart happy listening to them and it feels like pure vacation bliss while I see their shows. Out of all the lame changes Disney had made over the last 10 years, this one hurts the most for me. Just seems like a lot of disappointment from Disney these days instead of positive changes. Definitely getting tired of it.

What's missing with all these replacements? Live music, played by real musicians! Nothing gives an area a jolt of energy like live music. You don't even have to stop to enjoy it. I usually just pass by Off Kilter, singing along and bouncing to the music, just enjoying the atmospherics. Dollars to doughnuts all these new acts will perform to pre-recorded tracks. Not, the same - at all. I really, really hope my fears are misplaced and that the new acts will be fantastic but there's no escaping the fact that we are losing three live musical acts; including one with American historical roots.

THIS! Live music is so important to World Showcase...

But you know lumberjacks are cool too...it worked for Dexter... :rolleyes:

Do we actually know they're REMOVING an act there altogether vs. REPLACING with something else??

The Disney Parks Blog makes no mention of something else coming to the American Pavilion. Disappointing, IMO. I really loved the Fife & Drum Corps. It was a great tribute to our history.

We're looking at the same thing. I had planned to spend several nights at Epcot durimg our trip. :sad2:

I swear Disney waited for me to drop $$$ on a new DVC membership this year before making these maddening changes.

It angries up the blood.

I swear Disney waited for me to drop $$$ on a new DVC membership this year before making these maddening changes.

It angries up the blood.

illogical
irrational
absurd
nonsensical
foolish

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter