Off Kilter's Last Day is September 27

there are two stories out there: one is that they will not be replaced, the other is that Disney is looking to replace them with "more traditional" entertainment (which should probably be read as younger and cheaper acts).

I always find it interesting when you read how Disney needs to update their attractions and then when they do people complain.

I don't think that "updating attractions" is the same as firing cast members who provide us hours of entertainment.

there are two stories out there: one is that they will not be replaced, the other is that Disney is looking to replace them with "more traditional" entertainment (which should probably be read as younger and cheaper acts).

Probably will be replaced with contractors -- so they can save money on benefits.

Always enjoyed Off-Kilter and always made a point to note their schedule so we could watch a show every visit. We saw them three weeks ago with the bag pipes and it was fun and lively as usual.

Who knows what the real reason is for ending the show? Whatever it is I wish it wasn't true that they are done.

I really hope that all of these reports of changes include replacements. Honestly, these "cuts" in entertainment across WDW are getting out of hand. They reported HIGH IF NOT RECORD PROFITS so of course they want to cut. Disney need to work on keeping shows or changing them out for new/improved shows/acts.

I will be interested to see if these moves are permanent.

Just read this on WDWMagic:

"New live entertainment planned includes a traditional Berber music and dance troupe in Morocco, a corps of dynamic flag-waving performers in Italy, a thrilling lumberjack-inspired show in Canada, and a Celtic folk music ensemble at the United Kingdom."

just read this on wdwmagic: "new live entertainment planned includes a traditional berber music and dance troupe in morocco, a corps of dynamic flag-waving performers in italy, a thrilling lumberjack-inspired show in canada, and a celtic folk music ensemble at the united kingdom."

thank you! :)

This makes me so sad. If i would've known this was coming I would have made an effort to go see them more than once on our most recent trip. Such a shame :(

This is terrible news. DH (and I) love Off Kilter, between some other changes WDW has made we have cut back on some of our trips to go elsewhere and this change will make it harder to convince DH to go back more each year.

I know my couple thousands don't make a drop in the bucket for Disney and overall this terrible decision won't hurt them as a company but its a shame that Disney is removing the few live entertaining acts out there just for the sake of change.

"New live entertainment planned includes a traditional Berber music and dance troupe in Morocco, a corps of dynamic flag-waving performers in Italy, a thrilling lumberjack-inspired show in Canada, and a Celtic folk music ensemble at the United Kingdom."

Does this mean British Invasion is out, too?

Well, that absolutely sucks. We love Off Kilter, and have for years. What else is Disney going to take away? But that STUPID "Frozen" stuff is taking over DHS. (Sorry, Frozen people, but I just don't get it.) There are adults who go to WDW, not just princesses. We love WDW but I think it's time for us to take a break after this next trip.

Yessirree, a LUMBERJACK show is sure going to bring out the fans to Canada!!! :sad2:

This seems to be more of a case of "replacing" rather than just "taking away". I, for one, am pretty excited about a Celtic folk act, as that's part of my heritage. I just hope it's good. I'm taking the wait and see approach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter