• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Off Kilter News

As a big fan of Off Kilter, there was no way in heck Disney would bring them back. They were Cast Members, not a contract group so glad to see they are still doing things together. While I miss them, 17 years is a long time for a live group to be there in a non structured show. People are already screaming about Soarin' needing to be revamped and that's been there for 10 years.

Universal gets Off Kilter and Disney gets NBA. I think Disney got the short stick. :sad2:

But the NBA Experience will be at Disney Springs and not in a park. Oh - and Off Kilter won't be in a Universal park either. Either one can be accessed by anyone at anytime. No park ticket needed.

But the NBA Experience will be at Disney Springs and not in a park. Oh - and Off Kilter won't be in a Universal park either. Either one can be accessed by anyone at anytime. No park ticket needed.
Is that necessarily true tho? It's said to replace DQ which is a ticketed attraction, even if it was located at DTD/Springs which does in itself not require a ticket...

As a big fan of Off Kilter, there was no way in heck Disney would bring them back.

Sadly,I think you're right.

I guess it's time to buy some flannel shirts,head to The Mill Stage and make the best of it!!!!lol:)

If you look at the schedule, it looks like they have 1 weekend at Universal, along with a whole host of appearances elsewhere. It does not look like they have a regular gig at Universal.

I wish that were the case, but it looks like just one appearance for now. I miss them terribly and would love to have somewhere else to go see them!

If you look at the schedule, it looks like they have 1 weekend at Universal, along with a whole host of appearances elsewhere. It does not look like they have a regular gig at Universal.
Right,BUT this does set the "precedent" of playing at the main competitor of WDW-I wish Uni would give them a full-time gig!.:)

I just noticed on their schedule they are going to play UNIVERSAL at CITYWALK!

Great news,but could this be a "sign" they have given up any hope of The Mouse bringing them back by playing at WDW's main competitor?

http://offkilter.net/
I think it's obvious that Diz pulled the rug out from under them just as it did many of the other acts. If it were me i would consider that bridge burnt.

When are they playing at CityWalk? Every time I go to the website I get the bandwidth exceeded message. :(

All it means is that they found a job. It would take a pretty strong imagination to read anything else into it.
Actually at least a couple of the bandmembers still work full-time for Disney. I don't think they have burnt any bridges
Sadly,I think you're right.

I guess it's time to buy some flannel shirts,head to The Mill Stage and make the best of it!!!!lol:)

Do not think they will be back, but I'm not watching this horrible show. We really need to teach kids how much fun you could have throwing an axe at your sister. Show is wrong on so many levels

Actually at least a couple of the bandmembers still work full-time for Disney. I don't think they have burnt any bridges
The post was sort of implying that they might just be doing that. But, even if they were, so what, they have to support themselves and their families so if a place in Uni gives them work and income that's great. Personally, I didn't really care for their show, but, I know a lot of people did and I do so hate what replaced them, so I can't win no matter what direction I look.

Anyway, barring a massive "guest" upheaval, there is a good chance that they won't return, but, anything is possible and if working someplace else to feed themselves were to cost them a chance at returning to Disney, then I don't think I'd even want to return to a place like that.

Their contract ran out and Disney decided not to renew it and opted for an alternative chainsaw massacre type of act. I hope it works out for both of them, but, it seems like a dumb move to me. It's as bad a decision, in my mind, as no longer having the faux Beatles in Great Britain. That is absolutely the only thing that ever got me to spend time in the GB area.

British Revolution is a mass hit, they are stellar and UK is always packed with happy people.

Canada doesn't have a chainsaw massacre. All I saw were guys running on a log like a balancing act, as I walked by...

They will be at Cedar Point Sat and Sun on Labor day weekend. Going to see them there. Cannot wait!
If you get a chance,please tell them they are still talked about here on The DIS!:)

Also,please ask them if they are going to participate in Canadian Holiday Voyageurs this year and tell them we'll see them at UNIVERSAL next year for Saint Patty's Day!:)

Thanks!:)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter