"Off" Disney for a Week **UPDATE!** on Post # 30

Gosh, how awful! You really have to be an advocate for your family member when they are in the hospital. Glad it all worked out well in the end.

--Daneen

It's always right to "go with your gut," as it's usually correct!

I'm glad your dad is doing well and getting the care he needs. We're all thinking of and praying for your family.

Poor you Lisa! :hug: That must of been very frightening! I am sending Pixie Dust for a speedy recovery! pixiedust:

First off, I 'm glad your dad is doing better.

I am also in Cleveland and my guess for the grumpy, small hospital is Hillcrest. My kids were born there and I think they do a good job on Labor and Delivery, but every other experience my friends, family and I have had there have been pretty difficult. Oh! I just thought of another grumpy, small hospital, Richmond Heights! They sent my 95 year old grandfather home with a ruptured quad tendon (that they insisted was a bruise!)

Anyway, hugs to you and your dad. :grouphug: Glad the crisis is over.

--H

Sorry to hear that your dad is sick.:hug: Glad to hear he is doing better.:thumbsup2
My grandparents lived in a small town in Arizona called Bullhead City. It is a cross the river from Laughlin, Neveda. The hospital was so bad that Medicare would not let anyone go to that hospital ( if you had Medicare).:scared1: It was on the cover of the Phoenix Sun paper about 8 years ago. Everyone in town called it the cat and dog clinic. I here it is better now. Let us know how how your dad is doing, ok.

What a nightmare!
I'll say a prayer that your dad continues to recover! I'm so glad your family "stuck to your guns" and did what was best form him! Take care, and please keep us posted.:grouphug:

I'm sorry I haven't updated anything...and again I REALLY appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers...it's very comforting.

The took my dad off the ventilator and moved him out of ICU and into a regular room on Tuesday, although he did stil have chest tubes in and monitors and oxygen, ect...he was doing well and looked SO much better.
Unfortunately though, he had a very minor heart attack, so they gave him
a CAT scan and are going to do a heart catherization later today. If they see any damage, they are going to put in a stint.

We still don't know the results of any of the biopsies, but infectious diseases has been following him because they determined the infection in his lung was from a severe form of strep. They put in a pic line and he will have to be on IV antibiotics for 3 weeks. We had thought he might be able to come home Saturday, but with the heart problem, now we don't know. Depends on what the catherization shows.

On the bright side, he is getting excellent care and feels much better and isn't having any pain or anything. Which is all good. My sister (the nurse) said all indications are that the heart attack was very very mild and she says she is not worried, so hopefully all will go well today.

Really and truly, I greatly appreciate everyone's support and I will update again when I can. :goodvibes

I am sorry to hear about the setback. It is good thought they found the infection and can treat it.

Hoping to hear good results soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter