Off days

shana398

Mouseketeer
My DS4 and I will be in Disney from a Sat. to the following Sunday. We have seven day park hoppers plus a one day Water Park ticket. So far I have planned not to go to a park on an arrival day and not to go to a park on our water park day. I'm rethinking this a little bit. On our departure day, our plane leaves at 7:00 so we would need to be at Magical Express by 4:00. I was going to go to a park this day.

Do you think it would be better to go to a park in the evening on our Water Park Day and just maybe do Downtown Disney or something on departure day? Is it too hectic to try to go to a park on the day you're leaving?

I believe you can make FP+ for all your days if staying on-site - regardless of your current tickets.

Plan to do that.

Once at Disney you can make your final decision.

We always go to Epcot on our last day. We usually have to leave the resort on the Magical Express by 5pm. We normally do Epcot since that's a less hectic park. Also, we can get a few fun rides in, have a nice late lunch somewhere, and do any last minute shopping we want. It never feels too hectic when we do that.

We usually plan for an off day in the middle of a weeklong WDW vacation.

I am no longer allowed to plan a trip to WDW where we do 4 consecutive days of parks. After three days, there has to be an "off day" built in. We found that on the fourth consecutive day, tempers flared, feet hurt, dispositions suffered and patience eroded. The mid-week break really helps to hit the "reset" button. So what this means is that we often hit up a park for a few hours on our departure day. As long as you pack the night before, it isn't too hard to pull off.

Thanks! I think I will keep our plans the way they are.

BTW, you can't book FP+ for every day of your trip if you're staying on property, only for the number of ticket days you have.

We can do Epcot on our last day and just pack the night before. It's just the two of us, so that shouldn't be too difficult.

Yeah, we'll go to a park on our last day. We have an 8:30 p.m. flight out the last day (a Sunday) and will probably go to MK for RD, go back to the resort (Yacht Club) around noon and then probably walk over to Epcot for some Food & Wine Festival stuff then back for an hour or two of pool time before catching MDE around 5 p.m.

Don't try to go to a park on the day you're leaving since you'd have to leave early

We normally go to EPCOT on our departure day as well. We normally take a late afternoon/early evening flight

It only costs a few dollars/day to add to your 7 day tickets, so you could do parks on both days.

We are staying Sunday-Thursday with an almost 4yr old and are using Wednesday night as our off-day. We'll take our time at the resort pool then go to Downtown Disney, eat and just walk around. I didn't want to do this originally but my wife insisted. It's a nice change of pace from the hustle and bustle of the parks and definitely helps do a reset for us since we then do another 3 days at Universal after Disney.

We aren't doing a park on arrival because we'll get there afternoon plus MK closes early for an event. With traveling we'd like to relax and take in our resort and get the kids to bed at a normal time so they can be rested for a full day at MK starting at RD. But we are going to MK on the last day with a DME pickup at 3:45pm. We plan on early check-out and leaving bags at front desk then doing 3 FP+ and whatever else we can get done before heading back to the hotel for the bus. If I were you I'd use the water park in the middle of the week as a break from the parks. Going to a park on departure day just depends on your departure time, IMO mid to late afternoon or evening departures give you ample time for one last time at your favorite park.

I think I will do a Wed. Blizzard Beach and maybe Downtown Disney or the Boardwalk for dinner and a park on departure day. We'll just pack the night before.

Last trip we went to TL as our "off day", we got there at opening and had a great day. Stayed till about 3:30 then headed back to hotel to shower and clean up. Then we went in to MK, had a dinner ADR at the Plaza 6:30, 3 FP+ after dinner, watched Wishes and the parade. MK was open till 11pm that night.

Our Waterpark days we do a dinner show so there is no time for anything else. It makes a great day at a wp magical. We usually hit Yeehaa Bob or Jellyrolls after.

If we have an evening flight, we go to MK on our departure day. We hit our favorite rides one last time. Last trip we had breakfast at CRT too. It was a great slow-paced last day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter