Off Camera Flash Softbox

JoeDif

DIS Veteran
I'm currently researching off camera flash softboxes. I'm looking for something at least 24" by 24" and keep coming up with the Lastolite EZ Box. Are there any other brand that are recommended? I've seen some ebay softboxes for about 1/3 of the price but wonder about their sturdiness.

Any input would be appreciated. :goodvibes

I'm currently researching off camera flash softboxes. I'm looking for something at least 24" by 24" and keep coming up with the Lastolite EZ Box. Are there any other brand that are recommended? I've seen some ebay softboxes for about 1/3 of the price but wonder about their sturdiness.

Any input would be appreciated. :goodvibes

Have you looked at the Westcott Apollo softboxes?

For what it is worth, I have the Lastolite and it does a great job!

I went the cheap route for my softboxes rather than pay high Ezybox prices - I have two of these knockoff 24" softboxes (about $45 each) and have been happy with them. The support bracket is a little flimsy but it hasn't been a problem even in a bit of wind. They are kind of difficult to fold back up once opened, though.

I even added an eggcrate grid to one of them for only $30.. $75 for softbox + grid is a steal!

The 2 that I have I got from amazon for about $45 each. Made by Cowboy Studio. Very portable and easy to pop open and close. I have the 24x24 inch ones. Work great. Luckily have some tripods from my umbrella's that I don't use. Love this set up for my stuff.

The Cheetah Qbox 24 is cheaper than the Lastolite or Apollo but gets pretty good reviews on the other photography forums I visit. I just got the Lumiquest Softbox III, which is only 8x9 vs 24x24, but was used a lot at the Flash Bus tour I went to. If (who am I kidding, when) I decide to go bigger, I'll probably go with the Cheetah Qbox 24.

Thanks everyone for the info. After doing some additional research I've decided on the Cheetah Qbox24 (thanks mabas9325 for the heads up on this company). I like that it comes with the additional panels and it has an interior baffle built in to further soften the light.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter