# of People on Reservation

jenn91997

Earning My Ears
So Yay... I got a BOG reservation for 4, however... we are a party of 5.
What will happen if I show up with 5 people on a 4 person reservation?
I called Disney and they suggested going to the restaurant prior to the reservation time and talk to them.
I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this scenario? :confused3

So Yay... I got a BOG reservation for 4, however... we are a party of 5. What will happen if I show up with 5 people on a 4 person reservation? I called Disney and they suggested going to the restaurant prior to the reservation time and talk to them. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this scenario? :confused3

It doesn't hurt to try however it's easier to show up with less then more. Since your ADR is for 4 they will probably place you at a 4 top table and may not allow a 5th person, especially with BOG as popular as it is. Maybe look for a party of 6 since there is 5 of you.

Showing up with more people than your ADR is for is a huge risk. You are taking the chance of being told the extra person just can't be seated. Then you have a hard choice--send them off to eat on their own, or leave and be penalized the $10 each no show fee.

As a CM who posts here states, Disney is on to the trick of under-counting. They won't turn an extra guest away if they have room. But if they don't have room, you are in a tough spot.

Keep checking for an ADR for 5 or 6 people. You are not penalized for showing up with fewer people. It is having more that is the problem.

Thanks for the answers.... I'll keep checking for another ressie... and keep my fingers crossed either way...

it's not a HUGE risk, most of the time it works, but if the restaurant happens to be filled to capacity when you arrive they will not seat your extra person. Does happen sometimes.

So Yay... I got a BOG reservation for 4, however... we are a party of 5.
What will happen if I show up with 5 people on a 4 person reservation?
I called Disney and they suggested going to the restaurant prior to the reservation time and talk to them.
I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this scenario? :confused3

Just curious - when is your ADR? The time of year can make all the difference in the answer to our question.

Yowza! This thread is causing me to lose hope on snagging a last minute ADR for BOG!

Everyone is right about the rules. However If I were in your shoes and couldn't get a reservation for 5 I would show up at the restaurant and talk to them. I would be willing to bet that they can fit you in and if not I bet they would excuse the ten dollar per person fee. It's a risk of course, but id be willing to take it.

They aren't that strict about the fee in my experience. We have had it excused a few times by just showing up and letting them know what the deal was

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter