• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Of Mice and No Men: I become a Dapper Dan! UPDATED 4/13

The shirts turned out great! Very colorful, such a perfect fit for where you will be wearing them :)

This is the text message I sent Jess yesterday:

"Disneyland Update: with only 13 days to go, Lisa has decided not to come. I am now changing our hotel reservations from a suite to a standard hotel room so it I'll be cheaper!"

That basically sums it all up.

We had reservations for a Family Suite at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel. As I explained earlier, I thought it would be a better idea to get a suite as there were going to be six of us, and the suites at the Anaheim Plaza were really two connecting standard rooms, meaning there would be 2 full bathrooms, and frankly, there can never be enough bathroom space with 6 females. We could probably have each had our own bathroom and we'd still not have enough space.

And the Family Suite was also only $118/night. Can't beat that, right?

I called yesterday and changed our reservation from the suite to a Standard 2-Queen bed room and was thrilled when I found out that we'd only be paying $59/night. Can you say more spending money??

Other than that, I don't really have much else to update you all on. I could tell you that I've already started planning out outfit/shoe combinations, which is totally true. And I could also tell you that I got 5 notifications on Facebook yesterday telling me that Jess "liked" a picture of me (all of which were from our last Disneyland trip), which is also true.

And I could finally tell you that I still don't have pictures of our second set of shirts (because one set of shirts with Mickey Mouse heads plastered all over them isn't enough. And we like to be the annoying group all wearing matching shirts standing in the middle of the walkway as much as we possibly can), which is also unfortunately true. But, I promise you'll see them at some point! Maybe.

Other than that, only 12 days to go, baby!

More spending money is a good thing!! I am sorry though that your group has gotten smaller. I am sure you will still have a ball.

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

12 day dance!!

I can agree, on the positive notes about the shirts. :thumbsup2

9 DAYS UNTIL WE GO TO DISNEYLAND!!!

I just thought I'd share that we have entered into single digits. Not that I'm very excited or anything.

Just excited enough to pee my pants!!!

Awesome shirts! They turned out so professional looking. People will ask you where you bought them ;)

Yay to single digits!

If you haven't noticed, I really stink at this whole Pre Trip Report thing. I had really good intentions of posting regularly and sharing all kinds of fun pictures related to our upcoming trip.

It worked out for about 3 posts.

And now, with only 2 sleeps until we leave, I have so much to do that actually uploading pictures to photobucket and then posting said pictures is not something I really have time for.

Don't worry, when I get back, I promise you'll see and read about everything.

However, I can share how freaking excited I am about our trip!!!!!!!!!! No excessive amount of exclamation points could adequately describe my excitement but I think some dancing bananas can get close...
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

My brother, who is one of those gross high schoolers, currently has a cold and in complete fear I'm going to get sick right before the trip, I've started living on EmergenC and hiding out in any room where he is not.

My mom is currently vacuuming and washing her car in preparation for our drive to Anaheim.

Julie and Jess keep texting me. I believe I got one this morning simply saying "EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!" and of course I knew exactly what that meant.

We have a pile of stuff building that we can't forget and then everything currently in the pile is also listed on a list of stuff we can't forget. Chances are, we'll forget at least one thing that is on the list and actually in the pile.

We've gathered enough snack food for a small army to bring in our backpacks (yes, I said backpacks. In the plural form)..

My mom and I have created a little surprise for the J's.

Oh, and Glee premieres tonight. That alone deserves another dancing banana. :banana:

Obviously, life around here is pretty darn exciting.

I can't garauntee that I will post again before we leave at noon on Thursday, but I can promise that when I get back, you'll be the first to know and hear all about it!

Did I mention that we're down to 2 more sleeps? EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Those shirts are awesome!!! Hope you're having a great trip. I was there 9/19-23 and I thought the crowds were pretty manageable and the weather gorgeous!

I'm baaaaaaack!!!

We had an amazing trip! The weather was perfect! The crowds were manageable (on Friday they were practically nonexistent!)! And we took a TON of pictures (I'm curious why you wouldn't take advantage of PhotoPass???)!

However, I came down with a nasty cold/sinus infection at the very beginning of our trip and I have been recuperating since we got back so none of our pictures are uploaded to photobucket and I don't have any installments written. But that is my goal today!

I promise I'll be back with an actual update!

I am sorry to hear you got sick, but I am glad you had a good trip!!

Thursday, September 22

The day had finally come. And I was about to pee my pants with excitement. Never mind that the night before our dryer had burned up or that there were still a zillion things to be packed.

We made bags for Julie and Jess that we put their shirts in. We also found some pins on ebay so we surprised them with those too!
IMG_0918.jpg

Disney nails!
IMG_0920.jpg

The snack bag
IMG_0921.jpg

Before we could actually leave, a few things had to be done. My mom was going with my brother to have his senior pictures taken and I was going to fill in for my mom at her work. As soon as her school day was over (it is over at 11:30 on Thursdays), I was to race home, hop in her car, go pick up Julie and we’d be off.

All in all, it happened pretty much like that.

My mom did go with my brother to have his senior pictures taken. And I did sub for my mom in her classroom. And I did race home and hop in my mom’s car that was ready and waiting. And we did go pick up Julie and all her stuff. And there was a lot of stuff.

Our goal was to leave as close to noon as we possibly could. We arrived at Julie’s at exactly noon. After loading ALL her stuff, saying goodbye to her two adorable children and her parents, we were off! Well, off to get lunch. And then Starbucks.

So finally at 1:00, we were off!

The car ride was pretty uneventful. The drive down Highway 99 is BORING.

Starbucks!
IMG_0924.jpg

We saw lots of this.
IMG_0922.jpg

We stopped right before the Grapevine for a bathroom break and then we were back on the road!

IMG_0927.jpg

(This is Julie, btw)
IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

The back of the car. You'd think we were going to be gone for weeks.
IMG_0923.jpg

Traffic through LA wasn’t horrible for the most part and we pulled into the Anaheim Plaza Hotel parking lot at about 4:45.

We checked in and then unloaded ALL our crap (you should have seen us…) into our room.

That OTHER park...
IMG_0929.jpg

Ahhhh, LA. Can you just feel your lungs tightening up?
IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

Almost there!
IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

I’m going to give you a little review of the Anaheim Plaza Hotel right now. The Four Seasons it is not. Not by a long shot. The lobby was large-ish and had a bar (my mom may have been excited…). The guy checking us in definitely creeped me out, but he was nice enough. The rooms were fairly large and clean at first glance. The dresser/armoire had a nice thick coat of Lemon Pledge. I don’t recommend looking on top of the mirror or under the sink in the bathroom. The carpet was…dirty. And there was a spot on the sheet on the bed. We did have a nice big balcony and where we were located was quiet. The bar had happy hour from 4:00-6:00 (or something like that) and had $3 margaritas (that were REALLY strong, holy guacamole). The walk to and from the parks was reasonable and it usually took between 7-10 minutes, depending on how you hit the signals crossing the street.

Overall, we probably won’t be staying there again, but at $59/night, I guess you can’t expect much more.

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

Looking out towards the balcony
IMG_0937.jpg

Our view of the "Olympic sized pool" which is NOT even close to being Olympic sized. It is bigger than most hotel pools, I'll give it that.
IMG_0938.jpg

Next up: Tutus, guacamole and beignets!

Okay, the spot on the sheet would done me in. I was just reading the review to my daughter and she added the hotel to her list of "NO FREAKING WAY!!":lmao:

I agree the drive down 99 is very boring!!!

Okay, the spot on the sheet would done me in. I was just reading the review to my daughter and she added the hotel to her list of "NO FREAKING WAY!!":lmao:

:rotfl: !!!!!

Just got finished reading all of your PTR info and the first part of your TR and I can't wait for more! I can't deal with dirty carpets. A girlfriend of mine planned the trip once and the motel we stayed at turned our feet black, I was super grossed out. And the view down I5 isn't all that interesting either. Can't wait for more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter