• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

# of Guests

FreeTime

DIS Veteran
What is the most number of guests that you have brought with you? We are thinking of inviting some friends and family but when I started counting we are already up to 35 people! I don't want the trip to be hard to organize for me, and since we weren't going to charge them anything we would be using a lot of points, that I will surely miss. (I calulated that we will need at least 10 studios, as some of the people are just couples of 2). Maybe I should just say these are the dates and make your own ressies? But then I would lose the joy of the WOW! look at this room!

No way - the most I take (that aren't family) would be 4 - I have taken 3 - we got a 2-bedroom then - I feel crowded fast.

but I have send friends (kind of family) down to OKW and they have 8 people in the 2-bedroom and didn't feel crowded.

I generally send people instead of getting them to go when I go - then I don't feel bad about them missing WDW and get my time free!

this is how my family works best - of course every family is different!

I think 35 would fit nicely in a studio. I don't see where there'd be any problems at all. Make sure they grab plenty of towels at the pool though!

Occupancy threads have been relagated to the debate board, its too many people like you advocating 35 people in a studio. Next you will be trying to get mousekeeping to supply little soaps for all those people.

It would be even worse at BWV, they would make the hallway unpassable if they came back or left all at the same time.

We need to end these types of arguments here, this thread should be locked or sent to the debate board.

Seriously though, a GV and a bunch of studios would probably be the way to go. You would have a large place to gather, be able to accomodate kids for babysitting for one or two nights in one place, I think this would be the best, most comfortable and awe inspiring way to go.

I am interested in this info as well. I am looking at bringing around 30 family members down and supplying the accomodations. I was thinking one GV (for me and mine, of course!) and about 9 or 10 studios would work. I believe from what I have read from others' fiascoes, that offering several specific dates and going with the majority is how I will handle it. I would like to hear from others how they have handled large groups, and how many nights were doable (keeping everyone speaking by the end of the trip!) thanks, Candace

I would like to request to be related to you folks who will rent a studio or whatever for your family members using your own points!!!!

I am nice person, professional, clean and well-mannered, I pick up after myself, love Disney. Most of my current relatives (who are too cheap to do this!!!!!) like me, and think I'm OK to be related to.

I am available for adoption. Please PM me and I will get the paperwork in order;) .

We coordinated a trip for 15 last year, and now there are about 25 that want to go next year. The way we handled the whole thing was to set the dates we wanted to go and tell everyone else the dates. If they work great, if they don't maybe they could go next time. Some wanted rooms at VWL, others made their own accomodations. We ended up with a group at the villas and one group at the campground in a RV. It worked very well, and we just coordinated times. Everyone did their own thing, but we also did do a lot together. We had a blast and are really looking forward to next year! Good luck, it can be a lot of fun!

By the way I think 35 would be a tight squeeze in a studio, but what about a 2 bedroom? (At least then you would have 2 bathrooms)

YIKES!!

The largest group I've had to deal with was 9 - my family of 4 and 5 relatives. We had a 2BR and a Studio. I used our points for them, but if I had any more than that, I'd have to say. "We're going on (enter date here)...and if you'd like to join us, here's a great website where you can find a room!" ;)

As far as planning goes, I had enough trouble trying to get feedback from my 5 relatives about when they would be arriving, what they wanted to do, etc. We planned to spend most of the 2-3 days they were at WDW together as a group, so I wanted to make sure we had a plan.

Have fun with your crowd. I'd love to be able to afford to take a bunch of my friends and relatives, but it just isn't practical for me.

Thanks everyone for your advice. I think that I will just get the one studio and invite another 35 also to make sure that we get enough bang for our points! No, Rich I think you are right. Instead of going with 10 studios I should get a GV also so that we have a get together spot and so that when a few adults want to volunteer to babysit they wont have a bunch of kids running back from studio to studio.

Don't forget, there's room for an air mattress on the balcony if ya get third floor over the Wyland Galleries.

We have done this, every Nov. for the last 4 years or so. We usually do as Rich suggested. We get the GV for our family, and then we get some 2 bdrm.1 bdrm and studios for the rest. Having the GV is great for getting everyone together. This year I plan on getting the Chef that has been mentioned here on the website and have a nice dinner served for us in the room. We love having everyone down to our room for drinks, coffee and watching the fireworks.

Do you think DVC would mind if they brought heavy duty nails and hammocks. I mean you could really just stack the people in there Giligan Island style!

Like DisneyDoll I too am available for adoption. Please PM me and I will accept the highest offer. Please make sure you include the number of points you have and list your home resort(s)!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter