• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Of all the resorts you've ACTUALLY stayed in...

My DH used to work at ITT Sheraton World Headquarters when we met and had some awesome perks.

Our honeymoon he called the GM and got the employee rate which was $75.00 a night. When we went up to our room there was a bottle of chilled champagne (Sheraton only uses the good stuff..LOL) crystal flutes, a HUGE fruitbasket, a box of Godiva chocolates and a couple vases of flowers. Our room looked right down on the boat launch. The CM's were wonderful, Mousekeeping was great!

Oh I miss being pampered...LOL

I am going to surprise him for our 11th anniversary and going to book a long weekend next April/May. I don't care what I pay for the room, I just want to sit in that lobby and look up the beautiful ceiling..LOL

Granted, I have only stayed at 2 thus far......but my vote goes to CSR! :)

WL three times, absalute favoirite. I hate the outdoors yet I love the Lewis and Clark feel of the WL.

CBR- two times- Always enjoyed the colorful island atmosphere, brightly colored buildings asnd the happy island music.

All Stat Movies-once in the fall. It was fine for a quick trip, but would not want to stay there at a really busy time of year.

Having stayed at the WL again this summer, I can;t imagine staying anywhere else. Any future trips to Disney, it has to be the Lodge! :goodvibes

So far have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach Resort, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian, Beach Club and the Dolphin.

Of those I would have to say my favorite is the Wilderness Lodge.

This December we are staying at the Boardwalk Inn :bounce: so my opinion might change.

Deluxe -- Wilderness Lodge, with the Polynesian and the Beach Club right behind it.

Moderate -- Port Orleans French Quarter

Value -- All Star Movies

My hands down favorite resort though is the Wilderness Lodge. I just absolutely LOVE this resort!!

Have stayed at:
- CBR
- Pop
- WL
- Ft Wilderness camping
- Disney Inn (isn't that what it's called? The one that became Shades of Green)

Fave is WL. Beautiful hotel, spacious bright rooms, huge bathroom, loved having a balcony, loved being close to MK, quiet (never heard a peep while in the room), enjoyed the recreation options without having to trek too far, good dining options, and great service!!

Least fave is Pop. Never again.

We're trying BC and POR this trip, anxious to see how it fares!

Tough one.

I've stayed at :
Deluxes -
Contemporary
Polynesian
Animal Kingdom Lodge

Mods -
Port Orleans
Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)

Value -
Pop Century

Fave is Animal Kingdom Lodge. I loved the room, the lobby, the restaurants, the pool, the bar, the animal viewing areas, the artwork, the gift shop. Everything about AKL was just perfect. Room was a little noisier than most, but I blame that on the idiots with the screaming stomping kid above us, not on the resort.

Port Orleans Riverside was Dixie Landings the times when I stayed there and up until I stayed at AKL, it was my favorite.

I'm staying at the Boardwalk in Feb. though, and I have a feeling AKL might have some tough competition...

Wow, I'm glad we picked WL for our Christmas trip. Seems like everyone loves it. It's hard for me to say which is my favorite so far. I love them all for different reasons. I guess overall the best experience we've had was at CSR. Hopefully I will be added to the long list of WL lovers though!

The Poly... but every time I stay at the Swan, I'm liking that more and more.

I love the WL, been twice and each time was great.

We love a great view. It makes it hard to choose between AKL and SSR. Savannah view is a little better than Downtown Disney, but the one bedroom at SSR is better than the room at AKL. So we will go with a tie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter