Odds of waitlist at Grand Californian

wheelcap

Gee Mom, I wanna go "HOME"
My wife and I are going out to Anaheim for a conference at the end of April, and tacked on a few days for Disneyland. I waitlisted a room at the Grand Californian, but it hasn't come through yet. What do you think? Do we still have a decent chance, or should I just stick with a room somewhere else?

Is your waitlist set to expire at 30-days or 7-days from check-in? If set to expire at 30-days from check-in, do you have any reason to NOT use 7-days (are your points committed elsewhere)?

I've booked a total of 8 nights this calendar year in GCV Studio units via the waitlist. The first one filled right at the 30-day point. The other, gladly, came through a bit earlier.

Are you also stalking inventory online? Are you willing to take a larger unit, if available? (While I only need a studio, in both cases I booked larger units just because they were there ... then hoped the waitlist might help me downsize.)

G'luck!

I had good luck in the past. It is very small, which means you really can't tell. End of April is after spring breaks should be over this year, so it might work out. Here's hoping!

Just get a reservation at a hotel with a favorable cancellation policy and ride-out the waitlist.

Absolutely no way to handicap success but if you have the points available and a backup plan, there's no reason to sweat it.

Here's wishing you good luck! I just got notification that my 1 day wait list came through today!

I initially goofed in booking for end of April - first of May. I booked 3 nights instead of 4. When I realized the goof I couldn't get the day without wait listing. I did that the first of Dec '12.

I did have a backup plan at a close in motel. Now I don't have to move. Big relief. As I said, good luck and I hope you get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter