Odds of Connecting rooms at POR

kitkatsmom

Mouseketeer
i originally booked us ( 4 people ) in one of the royal rooms at POR. Then my son and his girlfriend said they wanted to also go down with us the same week and get their own room. Since they were trying to save money I booked them a regular garden view room and switched us out of the royal room into a regular garden view as well and requested connecting rooms. The nice guy (cust serv) on the phone who handled my reservation made it seem like connecting rooms were no problem and we'd definitely have them... After reading this forum I'm learning there is no guarantee... So my question is: Is there anything special we can do to assure we do get them? I already did online check in as I'm in my 60 day window now.. Should we get to the resort super early? Call ahead? Etc etc. just curious if anyone has any suggestions or if it's all just fate. Kind of bummed the customer service rep made it seem like a done deal. Had I known there would be a chance our rooms wouldn't be connecting I'd have stayed in the RR I originally booked

As long as that is your only request the odds are very good you will get connecting rooms. I would get to the resort as early as you are comfortable with, and check with the front desk to see if your rooms are connecting. If not, ask that they be switched.

i originally booked us ( 4 people ) in one of the royal rooms at POR. Then my son and his girlfriend said they wanted to also go down with us the same week and get their own room. Since they were trying to save money I booked them a regular garden view room and switched us out of the royal room into a regular garden view as well and requested connecting rooms. The nice guy (cust serv) on the phone who handled my reservation made it seem like connecting rooms were no problem and we'd definitely have them... After reading this forum I'm learning there is no guarantee... So my question is: Is there anything special we can do to assure we do get them? I already did online check in as I'm in my 60 day window now.. Should we get to the resort super early? Call ahead? Etc etc. just curious if anyone has any suggestions or if it's all just fate. Kind of bummed the customer service rep made it seem like a done deal. Had I known there would be a chance our rooms wouldn't be connecting I'd have stayed in the RR I originally booked
First, call the reservation line and have them add your room request now, then, about 5 days before arrival send a fax to again ask for your request.
For expert advice on this, including the fax number, check out Andre's expert website: www.portorleans.org
Click on "menu" , click on "Guest rooms and prices", click on "How and When to make room requests".

First, call the reservation line and have them add your room request now, then, about 5 days before arrival send a fax to again ask for your request.
For expert advice on this, including the fax number, check out Andre's expert website: www.portorleans.org
Click on "menu" , click on "Guest rooms and prices", click on "How and When to make room requests".

Thanks. I did ask for this during my call and was told this would be put in as a room request on my reservation, it's just that the guy made it seem as if it was a definite thing. I will send a fax though like you suggested. Thanks!!

Infamous phone CMs telling you what you want to hear ..... whether it's right or wrong.

It is up to the resort to room assign and there is no guarantee for connecting or adjoining.

Do as suggested above and hope it works out.

We had 3 rooms at Pop with one request for 2 to be connecting. That is the only request we had. The CM told me to only put that as my request. She also linked our reservations with a travel with number. She said that a travel with number pulls all the reservations at the same time to the room assignment knows it book them at the same time.

It would call and ask if you can assign a travel with number to the resevations.

No way of knowing, really. You put your room request on your reservation, send in your fax and cross your fingers!

It is nice that they do take faxed requests, though. At least you feel like you are doing something to increase your odds.

The best chance is if it is your one and only request.

I have found that POR is often very good at honouring requests. That may have been just luck - IDK for sure, but we seem to have received our requests here more frequently than at some other resorts.

Good luck!

The odds of getting connecting rooms on any given day are entirely dependent on two things:

1. How many other arriving guests requested connecting rooms.

2. How many guests are checking out of connecting room pairs on that day.

No way to know really. You can do everything "right" like add it to the reservation and fax in a request as well, and you may still not get them. Just don't put all your hopes on getting them and then you won't be disappointed if you don't.

No way to know really. You can do everything "right" like add it to the reservation and fax in a request as well, and you may still not get them. Just don't put all your hopes on getting them and then you won't be disappointed if you don't.

Lol. Thanks but since it's my kids I will be very disappointed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter