Odd Signs

Philagoofy

<font color=purple>Guess my favorite dog!<br><font
I was in the hospital admissions room yesterday waiting for a room to open for a family member. While eating some crackers (substitute for my missed lunch) I was looking at the signs on the wall. One read "No eating or drinking in this area". On the same sign, underneath the words it was also written in Braille. Now I'm picturing a sight impared person feeling around the walls to see if there's a sign telling them whether or not they can eat or drink there.

I once saw some instructions on a drive-through automated teller written in braille.

My DH went to get lunch one day and found this sign....

miscellaneous.jpg

I know it's crazy. However, a lot of cities and states legally have to post signs with the braille. It has to do with discrimination laws. If the signs aren't posted, the place can be fined, sued, or shut down.

Still-if someone is so blind that they cannot see to read...I'd prefer they not drive.:scared1: We have enough dangerous drivers on the roads, who can see.:confused3

I once saw some instructions on a drive-through automated teller written in braille.

I noticed that the other day too...I'm thinkin :eek: Why are the blind at the drive-thru because the other sign told me they don't serve people on foot at the window!!!

My DH went to get lunch one day and found this sign....

miscellaneous.jpg

LOL, that makes me laugh :lmao:

I know it's crazy. However, a lot of cities and states legally have to post signs with the braille. It has to do with discrimination laws. If the signs aren't posted, the place can be fined, sued, or shut down.

Still-if someone is so blind that they cannot see to read...I'd prefer they not drive.:scared1: We have enough dangerous drivers on the roads, who can see.:confused3

The impaired person can sit behind the driver in the backseat and do their banking.

OP, you think like me! I have had a bunch of thoughts like these and I can't get anyone IRL to find them as funny as I do!

My favorite....and nobody seems to "get" this.... is one on a local road. "Speed enforced from aircraft." Now, I get hung up on the word "enforced." That implies, to me, that an action is being taken as a result of a broken rule. To "enforce" a law means to make an arrest or write a ticket, for example. So I always think, how in the world are they going to "enforce" a speed limit law from an airplane????

Another common sign I see all the time says "yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk." Here I get hung up on the word "in." If a person is "in" a crosswalk, they are "in" the road. And I don't need a sign to tell me not to hit someone who is "in" the road.

"Bridge may be icy" sometimes makes me giggle in July.

I am such a nerd sometimes.

This has always been one of my favorites:

untitled-1.jpg

:thumbsup2

I wish I would have taken a picture of this one sign I saw where my parents live. It was on a fence that had a big field behind it and it said.

No Trespassing! Violaters will be shot and prosecuted!

:rotfl:

Around here I have seen signs on some telephone polls that say: "No signs allowed" or something to that effect.
I just love the irony of that one :laughing:

OP, you think like me! I have had a bunch of thoughts like these and I can't get anyone IRL to find them as funny as I do!

My favorite....and nobody seems to "get" this.... is one on a local road. "Speed enforced from aircraft." Now, I get hung up on the word "enforced." That implies, to me, that an action is being taken as a result of a broken rule. To "enforce" a law means to make an arrest or write a ticket, for example. So I always think, how in the world are they going to "enforce" a speed limit law from an airplane???.

WE have that sign on the interstate. I always picture the plane swooping down, picking up your car and carrying it away. I'm a nerd too :thumbsup2

I love the store signs that say "Unattended children will be given chocolate and a free puppy".

Sometimes they substitute chocolate with soda/caffeine, but either way, it's awesome.

I went to an antique shop once, and there was a sign that said "You may admire the dust but please do not write in it".

In the rural areas of Washington we see a lot of this one
"Caution Primitive Road No Warning Signs"

OK, so what the heck is that if it's not a warning sign??

There's also one near here that says
"Road Hump"
NOT Speed Bump, Road Hump

We all giggle when we see that one...

trying to find a picture but no luck- there is one we always see on the drive to FL- I want to say it's in Maryland and it looks like a flying motorcycle, for some reason it cracks us all up (or maybe we're just a bit looped already from being in the car so long :lmao:)

ckay87 said:
My favorite....and nobody seems to "get" this.... is one on a local road. "Speed enforced from aircraft." Now, I get hung up on the word "enforced." That implies, to me, that an action is being taken as a result of a broken rule. To "enforce" a law means to make an arrest or write a ticket, for example. So I always think, how in the world are they going to "enforce" a speed limit law from an airplane????
You mean, you think the sign should say "Speed monitored from aircraft"? :rotfl2: And, by the way, where do you drive that they can afford airborn traffic monitoring?

"Bridge may be icy" sometimes makes me giggle in July.
The one I like - also on a bridge - is "Speed limit 35 MPH". One of three lanes has been closed for almost a year. Thirty-five is about five times the actual rush 'hour' speed. Yesterday it took me seventeen minutes to travel two miles.

My favorite signs are the ones that are around penitentiaries/jails that tell you not to pick up hitchhikers because of your current location.

Oh...but 5 miles ago it was a good idea? Hmmm :scratchin

Oh, wait. I thought of another one. It only lasted for one day, but, on a two lane bridge (yes, again, sorry :)), "No trucks or buses in left lane" - and then the right lane was closed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter