Odd ADR availability??

havoc315

DIS Veteran
I hit 60 days tomorrow morning, for a Christmas week trip. I was browsing availability tonight and I was shocked...
Could this be right --- 60 days out, Christmas week, almost everything is available? Sure, some restaurants were missing a few time slots.
But virtually every restaurant was available. And reservations that I found difficult in the past, were widely available. Almost every time slot for Toppolinos.
Be Our Guest, Cinderella's Royal Table, all available....

Can this be right??

Then I noticed some unusual unavailability --- Nothing at Narcoose's.. like ever. Thought it did re-open??
Then also odd --- Everything at DHS had tons of availability except Sci Fi Drive In -- which at first appeared to have zero availability, ever. Then saw it had tons of availability for tables for 2 --- Thought you could book 4 person reservations at Sci Fi Drive In? Is the system just wonky?

Anyway.... can anybody confirm that this is a new normal? Tons of availability?

We will be there that week. I had no trouble getting any of the 3 reservations we wanted- Candlelight Processional dining package, Fantasmic Package on Christmas night and CRT PPO breakfast. There were plenty of reservations for hard to get places like Space Lounge as well. Either Disney is no longer having staffing issues and opened up more tables or people are eating less sit down meals.

We will be there that week. I had no trouble getting any of the 3 reservations we wanted- Candlelight Processional dining package, Fantasmic Package on Christmas night and CRT PPO breakfast. There were plenty of reservations for hard to get places like Space Lounge as well. Either Disney is no longer having staffing issues and opened up more tables or people are eating less sit down meals.

60+10... got everything I tried to get, pretty much at the times I wanted.
Party of 7 -- that limits availability, so I had to break it down to 4+3, but still no trouble getting 2 tables within 10-15 minutes of each other.

I wasn't looking for Space 220, but I don't think I saw any availability there.
But I had no trouble getting some typically difficult reservations -- Topolino's, Jungle Navigation,
Sci Fi Drive in and Yak & Yeti were more limited, but no trouble getting them at 60+5.

It's not just staffing --- Pre-Covid, availability was never this open, especially not for Christmas week.

Though our week the month before in November was very hard to get reservations. Maybe people are traveling earlier hoping to avoid the Christmas rush.

This is the new normal. Restaurant slots are spaced at 5 to 15 minute intervals so they are very easy to get. I don't bother looking anymore until the night before.

Anyone going Christmas week have an Ohana ADR? There is NO availability showing for any meals and I’m trying to figure if it’s accurate or a glitch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter