October's OHANA -- Exercise Challenge

dizzyr - are you a crafter/artisan? .

Sort of. I used to own a scrapbook store and was/am a scrapbooker. I closed the store a few years ago and was feeling like I wanted to be back in the creative field (I'm an accountant by day so......). My friend and I decided we would do the craft fair circuit and we started decoupage and painting terra cotta pots and making them into gift baskets. It a big bust though. We had so many people come up and tell us how cute they were and what a good idea and then they'd put it down and walk away. So frustrating! Anyways I decided it was too much work for not enough gain and I'm done with it now. We have one more 3 day show in November and we're just bringing our current stock to try and clear it out and then we'll call it a day!

Phew caught up on all the posts - you guys have been busy!! I glad the sickies are all on the mend. We've all had colds here too and my daughter just said she thinks she's caught one. She was the last holdout.

The races sound great - I can't wait till I'm able to do long distances :)

Oh and I agree with everyone about the hosting - you sure are keeping everyone motivated! Have you ever done any coaching? You'd be perfect at it :)

It's pouring rain outside and I have to walk my dd to before school care and then continue on to the bus and wait in the rain. Total time will be approx 40 minutes. Can you say ugh????

It's pouring rain outside and I have to walk my dd to before school care and then continue on to the bus and wait in the rain. Total time will be approx 40 minutes. Can you say ugh????

Yippee the rain actually stopped a few minutes before I left so it was a relatively dry walk! I missed my bus by a couple of minutes so I walked ahead a couple of stops. Yeah me!

I'm now 748/1350 :) broke the hallway mark!

Good work out day. Stenghth training, focusing on legs and then a small dance party highlighting Hannah Montanta (I'm not ashamed :))

53 minutes

816/1200

Good Morning!!!!!

Congratulations go out this morning to:
dizzyr - who is joining those of us in Purple Power land!

2TxAgs - who is showing us her Great-Gray-Go-Getter side!

And BangZoom6877 - I know we call it "wish" green but I'm changing it to "wow-za" green. Becuase you're not "wishing", you're getting it done!!!

Not a lot of time to chit-chat this morning as my schedule's off. I HAD to find out who pushed Amelia off the roof in the book I got all wrapped up in, so I spent precious morning minutes finishing it up. And all I can say is, "whoa - I didn't see that coming".

Be Well and Stay Strong!!

Good Morning!!!!! Congratulations go out this morning to: dizzyr - who is joining those of us in Purple Power land! 2TxAgs - who is showing us her Great-Gray-Go-Getter side! And BangZoom6877 - I know we call it "wish" green but I'm changing it to "wow-za" green. Becuase you're not "wishing", you're getting it done!!! Not a lot of time to chit-chat this morning as my schedule's off. I HAD to find out who pushed Amelia off the roof in the book I got all wrapped up in, so I spent precious morning minutes finishing it up. And all I can say is, "whoa - I didn't see that coming". Be Well and Stay Strong!!

Thank you!! As I've been saying, I love to exercise but food is my weakness because I love to eat too. Fortunately I like most foods so that includes a huge array of healthy foods. I've been focusing on those, following the Weight a Watchers Simple Start in order to get my butt back into gear (the focus on healthy foods rather than just points). After a long time of following the weight watchers points, I find myself looking for the most bang for my points buck, rather than focusing mainly on eating healthy foods. Yes, I still balance it during those times and eat plenty of fruits and veggies and stuff, but I neglect things like healthy fats. I know that sounds funny, but if I could have 2 teaspoons of olive oil or a 2-point cookie, I would most times choose the cookie. But on this non-tracking program (although I still write everything down), the 2 teaspoons of oil are a must every day and I get them in every single day, no problem. I know it may not sound like a big deal. But it's so important for health. That's one of the things I sometimes lose my focus on when counting points.

My eating this week has been really great! I always weigh myself on Friday mornings, and I am still nervous about tomorrow. A lot of times when I think I had a fantastic week I don't see great results on the scale anyway...sometimes the scale is really an enemy lol. But tracking what I eat and tracking my exercise minutes does show me that I have accomplished a lot for good health, and I have to learn to focus more on that than on the scale and losing 5 or 10 pounds.

Tuesday, Oct 21 - 39 minute run
Wednesday, Oct 22 - 78 minute walk home from work
Thursday, Oct 23 - 31 minute run

UPDATED GRAND TOTAL
881/1200

30 minutes walking today (in the rain no less)

889/1000

Rain has postponed my regularly scheduled walk/run for 2 days now ... but it's supposed to be dry tomorrow morning, so I should be good to go (I just really have to get out early because I have a super busy schedule tomorrow).

Congrats to all those who have moved up to the next level. It's so nice to see so many people doing well!

You guys are my ray of sunshine in an otherwise dark and dreary morning. :)

Good morning, can you believe we only have one week left to Ohana October?? And then our luau comes to and end. But don't be sad, I've never been to a luau but I imagine that right near the end is where the grand-finale comes in.

So let's channel our inner fire-dancers and end this month with some changes of color, some serious skill and a blaze of glory!!!

Speaking of changes of color....
Congratulations of Disneybelle99 who joined Purple Power!!

On our quest to for the family to end as great-grey-go-getters -we are currently at 56.79%

Total minutes needed to reach 75% - 3,481.

Remember - Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! - Jack Skellington

SarahDisney - I hear you about the rain. I don't know where you live, but here in Maine I am getting a bit tired of it.

Disneybelle - I'm glad you're feeling better. It was great to see your post.

Bangzoom6877 - I hope the scale was kind to you this morning, but try to remember it's just a number. I weigh in weekly, but I also take my measurements and I've noticed that it's not uncommon that on weeks that the scale doesn't reflect the work, the tape measure does. But the ultimate proof is often found in the way you feel. Do you have a bit more swagger in your steps? do you feel stronger? can you do more in your workouts than you could before (go further? go faster? lift heavier? etc...) Do your nutrition improvements leave you feeling more peaceful about your food choices? If you answered "yes" to any of those questions - then no matter what the scale says, you're doing something very, very right and you should do a little happy dance to celebrate that! :)

Personally, I need to get my exercise butt in gear if I want to meet my goal.

You guys are my ray of sunshine in an otherwise dark and dreary morning. :) Good morning, can you believe we only have one week left to Ohana October?? And then our luau comes to and end. But don't be sad, I've never been to a luau but I imagine that right near the end is where the grand-finale comes in. So let's channel our inner fire-dancers and end this month with some changes of color, some serious skill and a blaze of glory!!! Speaking of changes of color.... Congratulations of Disneybelle99 who joined Purple Power!! On our quest to for the family to end as great-grey-go-getters -we are currently at 56.79% Total minutes needed to reach 75% - 3,481. Remember - Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! - Jack Skellington SarahDisney - I hear you about the rain. I don't know where you live, but here in Maine I am getting a bit tired of it. Disneybelle - I'm glad you're feeling better. It was great to see your post. Bangzoom6877 - I hope the scale was kind to you this morning, but try to remember it's just a number. I weigh in weekly, but I also take my measurements and I've noticed that it's not uncommon that on weeks that the scale doesn't reflect the work, the tape measure does. But the ultimate proof is often found in the way you feel. Do you have a bit more swagger in your steps? do you feel stronger? can you do more in your workouts than you could before (go further? go faster? lift heavier? etc...) Do your nutrition improvements leave you feeling more peaceful about your food choices? If you answered "yes" to any of those questions - then no matter what the scale says, you're doing something very, very right and you should do a little happy dance to celebrate that! :) Personally, I need to get my exercise butt in gear if I want to meet my goal.

I suppose you could say that the scale was somewhat kind to me today, in that it didn't go up. It went down by a tenth of a pound. Ok, down is down right? While this is a bit disappointing, the fact that I'm only a couple of days away from my period most likely has something to do with it, and I'm hoping to have better results next week. I did notice, however, that the tape measure is being very nice to me! Perhaps I'm gaining a little muscle and losing some fat, which would account for being smaller but losing only a negligible amount of actual weight. Yesterday I was talking to my mother about all of this...we support each other very much (she lost 80 pounds on weight watchers 9 years ago and has kept it off!!). I said that no matter what the scale says, I feel terrific and I feel like I am in control of my eating. I am getting fewer and fewer cravings for the "bad" stuff, and that is the main point, to focus on having good healthy habits. Once those are in place and I remain consistent, the most important goal is accomplished. I am a 37-year-old woman with a full time job and two children...I wear a size 8 (size 6 in a few things). I'm 5'3". That's pretty good, right? Of course I used to wear a 6 or a 4 a few years back, but we all do get older and the metabolism does slow down, just a fact that goes along with age. Yet every day I try to defy it and work out and eat well! ;)

70 minutes to add today - total 656/900

Out here I feel like we've forgotten what rain looks like. We were suppose to have some yesterday, but only had a dreary gray day without a single drop. The wild life is looking pretty scraggly lately and I wish there was a way to get some of those rain clouds to move our direction!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter