October's OHANA -- Exercise Challenge

33 minute short run this morning because TONIGHT WE DRIVE TO DISNEY! :banana::banana::banana:

Very excited to surprise DD, who STILL has no clue we are going. Thinks we are going to Florida so I can attend some job training and she will hike with her dad while I am in class. Heh heh.

The next run I post will be from Pop Century!

33/1200

112/1400

72 min run/walk yesterday
40 min walks today

Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler and much less humid...yay, I'm gonna enjoy my run!!!

mainemooncat...what a fun surprise! Safe travels to you :goodvibes

bangzoom...been there, done that. 4 teeth while young, then 4 wisdom teeth at 18. and only on my one DD, nothing removed from either of the other two.

UPDATED!

Man, you guys are going to keep me hopping this month, it's great and really inspiring

I'm off to a slow start with just 22/1200, but it's still pretty early in the month.

We know that mainemooncat's going to be running around Disney this weekend. Anyone else have any weekend fitness plans?

Bangzoom 6877- I totally get what you mean about push-ups. The exercise that I have a weird love relationship with is the pull-up assist machine at the gym. There's something about doing an exercise where you can feel your muscles at work that is really empowering.

Sullymom - running. yep. I'm struggling to get back into it. It seems that I do great for a while and then take a few weeks or a month off. Here's hoping that we are both consistent this month and that it's not quite so miserable!

dizzyr -Workingout in the pool also sounds really interesting. I've heard it's an amazing workout.

I've been knocked down with a cold - typically, a perfect excuse not to exercise. But, thanks to this challenge I dragged myself out for 60 minutes of walking. Thanks for the support!!

slightlyocddisney.... - I'm sorry to hear about the cold, good job getting out and getting it that walk.

I got in walk yesterday, the hardest part about going for a lunch break walk on a beautiful day was going back inside.

41 minutes

63/1500

Running! How could I forget about running?! So I used to say the only way I would run is if something was chasing me. :rolleyes1 Then because everyone here raved about it I tried couch to 5K. And I loved it! :goodvibes Except now I can't run because my knees and my heels don't like it. :headache: But sometimes when I'm walking I really really want to start jogging (or plodding as I called it when I ran!) :rotfl2: It was so fun to watch my times get faster and faster (but not good for my exercise minutes!). Wish I could get that excited about planks or pushups!

223 minutes (I'll have to go back to page one and see how many I said I'd do!)

Put me in the catching a cold category! :sick: At least we have nothing planned this weekend (the last 2 we've gone out of town), so I can get lots of rest. Last night the clock was moving sooo slowly towards bedtime. At 7 I was so ready for bed. Instead I just read on the couch until 10 and then was out! --where's a snoring smilie when you need it! ;)

oh, glss1/2fll, sorry to hear about the cold.

Well, This is the OHANA month and we all know germs spread in a family. I just didn't know that worked with a virtual family. :)

I was going to either go to an aquafit class this morning or do a c25k training run but it's the first day in 16 days that we don't have something on the calendar and I'm really enjoying the lazy morning so not sure I'll be getting any activity in today.

Got out for another run this morning. I was truly lacking motivation until I read how well everyone is doing and it got me up and moving. Keep up the great work.
80/900

dizzyr - good ole rest days are soothing to the soul.

Where I get in trouble is when I start stringing too many rest days togther like orchards on a lei.

275/1400

I'm loving this cooler weather!!! Haven't run a full mile (without stopping to walk) in months (maybe a year?) but I did yesterday because it was so pretty outside and I just felt like I could do it!

Ran/walked 5 miles yesterday and walked 4 today, hoping to get to the nature park to do more in the morning.

Bring on the Fall!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

sullymom....there have been lots of occasions where I got out to walk just to add minutes to these threads. Whatever it takes, right? :)

UPDATED!

2TxAgs - Running a mile with no walking breaks is AMAZING! I bet you felt so good!!!

Congratulations to our first members of the "BLUE" club -
2TxAgs
bangzoom6877
slightlyocdDisneyfan
glss1/2fll

We have some others that are right on the cusp, so I know we'll be changing more colors in the coming days!

I love how we're all inspiring each other. I'm going to go lace up my sneakers, right now!

230/900

70 minutes this morning...combination of physical therapy exercises for my lower back (it's stiff from the cooler weather I think), and some cardio. The back feels a bit looser but still a little stiff. Hopefully it will get better from here. I'm holding off on taking Motrin because we're going to a nice brunch today and I want to indulge in a glass of champagne. ;)

Oh, I'm envious of all the fall weather reports. We're in the middle of a heat wave here -triple digits yesterday :crazy2:! And glss1/2full I'm truly sorry for the virtual germ passing! :rotfl: Hope it's a quick bug.

I'm inspired by hearing all those who love to run though!

Friday: 24 minutes walking
Saturday: 30 minutes walking
Sunday: 65 minutes walk/run (including warm up & cool down)

New total: 214/1000

Looks like we've got a few people with colds - I hope everyone feels better soon!

I had a great workout day 93 minutes of running and biking.

156/1200

UPDATED

After Sunday night's reports:

Sarahdisney and I joined team blue and congratulations to bangzoom for sky-rocketing to orange!

As a team we're at 1643/19120 = 8.59%, which isn't too shabby. I know that there was probably a LOT more activity then has been posted, so I know we'll be over 10% as a team soon.

Hope everyone has a great week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter