October

ratdog9

Mouseketeer
Will there be any discounts after Oct 3rd? Know its a busy time just wondering

I posted this on another thread. clearly I have no idea about discounts, but thought thus CM *might* be dropping hints:

I just got off the phone with a CM who helped me tweak my existing Oct 12-19 vacation. All you other non-FD folks may notice that these dates are squarely in the NO Discounts of Any Kind part of the Disney calendar

After making pleasant conversation with the CM and lamenting the discount-free time of year (but agreeing that it is a great time to be at Disney), he ended our call with "Discounts come at any time, so if you see any offers, you just call back and we'll see what we can do" or something to that effect. I quickly asked "Is that a hint that I should be on the lookout for upcoming offers?" and he just said "Well, they come out at any time, so if you click on the special offers link and you see something, you just pick up your phone right away and call us right up!"

The optimism of the desperate, or does that sound like a promising clue to you?

I found a TA online who was able to offer a room and ticket discount for the above time period by googling the above date. I am saving $900 for my deluxe resort stay of 4 days.:cool1:

I found a TA online who was able to offer a room and ticket discount for the above time period by googling the above date. I am saving $900 for my deluxe resort stay of 4 days.:cool1:

It's only certain resorts though, correct?

We're hoping for an annual pass holder discount in the middle of October. *fingers crossed*

We're you able to add the dining plan to any of the promotions with the TA?

We're you able to add the dining plan to any of the promotions with the TA?

She offered a room and multi day ticket discount. I did not inquire about dining since we were outside of FD and for a shorter time period. We have never tried the dining plan. Wish I could be more help.

I cannot respond to a private message, not enough posts yet! Surprised since I have done the cruise thread before. Regardless, the answer is the TA is not the one that was mentioned in the inquiry. I will send a note to TA to see if I can post the info. For the public. The more the merrier. The best bet is to google the disney resort discount oct 8-18. Those are the dates specifically used in the website. Happy discount hunting! There may be some coming and you can upgrade to them if available when they do.

Just canceled our reservation with Disney since it was excluded from FD and went this route instead: Travel Deals by Dana. I am not in any way affiliated with this TA, I just googled my dates and found her that way.

Good luck!

Wondering if there will be any RO deals for late October...

Just canceled our reservation with Disney since it was excluded from FD and went this route instead: Travel Deals by Dana. I am not in any way affiliated with this TA, I just googled my dates and found her that way.

Good luck!

FYI - I don't believe you're supposed to mention travel agents on the boards since the DIS is owned by a travel agency.

We too check in October 5th and I was told by the CM to be sure to check back; discounts come at any time. Will wait until August and if no discounts we will probably cancel. Just getting very expensive however I feel lucky to be able to go as much as we do...

We too check in October 5th and I was told by the CM to be sure to check back; discounts come at any time. Will wait until August and if no discounts we will probably cancel. Just getting very expensive however I feel lucky to be able to go as much as we do...

See, the problem with this is, Disney bases their discounts on projected occupancy. If people make reservations hoping for a discount later, making projected occupancy high, why would they offer good discounts? The rooms are already booked without them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter