October UY - what does that mean?

itutorfortravel

I tutor high school math to pay for my travel addi
What are the implications of an October UY?

(In terms of booking, canceling, banking, etc)

Sorry this just really confuses me!

If it matters, most of our vacations are in December and January with an occasional spring or summer visit...

Thanks!

October UY is when you get your points each year, more importantly you have 8 months to bank your points so with an Oct UY you have until the end of May to bank your unused points. Points not used or banked are forfeited at the end of your UY.

Picking the correct UY is free insurance should you need to cancel a reservation and bank.

:earsboy: Bill

What are the implications of an October UY?

(In terms of booking, canceling, banking, etc)

Sorry this just really confuses me!

If it matters, most of our vacations are in December and January with an occasional spring or summer visit...

Thanks!

It means, if you have a July visit on points and have to cancel before June 1, you can bank the points into the next year. But if you have to cancel June 1- JulyX, your points go into holding and you have to use them or lose them before Sept 30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter