• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October or November cruise?

c8k6k

Mouseketeer
We’re considering a 3-day Wonder cruise in Fall 2008 with our DD and DS who will be 8 and 5. We’d go to WDW for 2 or 3 nights prior to cruise. Our kids would miss less school if we went October rather than November. Some thoughts going through my head are:

Is chance of rough seas higher in October vs. November or no difference?
Will it be extra crowded sailing the weekend before Columbus Day?
Is it possible it will be too cool to swim if we choose 11/13 sailing?
What is the likelihood that Christmas decorations will be up for the 11/13 sailing?

Our ideal trip would include nice weather, calm seas and low(er) crowds. What would you do?

We just got back from a 4-night last week. The boat was definately crowded, so I don't know if November is any better. The weather was beautiful! Castaway Cay water was a little chilly, but once you were in and used to it - it was great!

We were onboard last week, and I have never had such calm seas. Almost non-existant...I am not sure if that is the norm for October, but it was greatly appreciated ;) Castaway Cay was warm, and after a mini-hurricane in the AM, the sun was out and it was gorgeous..

I have never been on the ship when it was decorated, but I am told it will be decorated during or right after Thanksgiving...
HTH

I just got off a Western 7-nighter - Oct 6-13th. Had wonderful weather and seas...water was warm..ship was full -- but only noticed it during picture time..Lines, man! Such a great time and all the ports were decent..had some mild rain in two ports but the humidity wasn't as bad as I had heard it could be. In fact, Castaway Cay was very warm, not humid, very nice! Crystal blue skies and water-- Man, what I wouldn't give to be there now! ;)

We just got back from a four day cruise on the Wonder. One of the people sitting at our table actually worked on the ship and since his sister was visiting a couple of times he was joining out table. We asked him about how empty all the tables were in the late sitting. He said that they were about 800 people less than capacity. It was crowded but I did not notice that it was overly crowded. I think the only time I noticed the people was when we were around the kids pools or the deck parties and the lines for the princesses. The weather was perfect and the water was warm so I would opt for October.

We just got back from a four day cruise on the Wonder. One of the people sitting at our table actually worked on the ship and since his sister was visiting a couple of times he was joining out table. We asked him about how empty all the tables were in the late sitting. He said that they were about 800 people less than capacity. It was crowded but I did not notice that it was overly crowded. I think the only time I noticed the people was when we were around the kids pools or the deck parties and the lines for the princesses. The weather was perfect and the water was warm so I would opt for October.

Water warm???? I thought it was cold. It did take a little getting used to, but once I was in and got used to it - it was perfect! However, although even though to me the water was a little chilly, I loved going in October because it wasn't TOO hot. It was just right. Got lots of sun and didn't stroke out from the heat :)

Sorry, I meant the water was warm for the ocean. Yes, it was cool to begin with but I agree once you are in it it felt great. I did snorkeling at Castaway Cay and the water felt wonderful. We also took the jet skies and had a blast. The sun was warm and the water when it hit you in the face was not that cold. When I was snorkeling my DH and DS took a nap in one of the hammocks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter