October "Not So Sweet" Fitness Challenge - Who's in?

tinker*dust

Mouseketeer
I'm setting some goals for myself. Starting today. October 1st.

Here is my mission!

#1 - I'm cutting back on the SUGAR! I'm signing a "no candy for 31 days" pledge with myself. That means no sneaking the kids Halloween candy ;)

#2 - I'm going to do some type of activity EVERYDAY. Just something. Anything. A hike, a walk with a friend, an exercise DVD, 10 pushups or calf raises waiting for sports to be over, sit ups during a commercial, actually myself to the gym.

#3 - Mark the exercise DONE everyday on my calendar.

Who's with me?
Here's my signature for the challenge. Help keep me on track.
/Tinker*dust/

I'm so in!

My goals are:
1) drink 64 oz of water a day
2) got 40 minutes of exercise six times a week
3) no between (or after) meal snacks!

I'm setting some goals for myself. Starting today. October 1st.

Here is my mission!

#1 - I'm cutting back on the SUGAR! I'm signing a "no candy for 31 days" pledge with myself. That means no sneaking the kids Halloween candy ;)

#2 - I'm going to do some type of activity EVERYDAY. Just something. Anything. A hike, a walk with a friend, an exercise DVD, 10 pushups or calf raises waiting for sports to be over, sit ups during a commercial, actually myself to the gym.

#3 - Mark the exercise DONE everyday on my calendar.

Who's with me?
Here's my signature for the challenge. Help keep me on track.
/Tinker*dust/

Tinker I love your goals. So much so that I'm going to copy them, heehee

#3- journal all my food intake everyday! I've done weight watchers in the past and I find that keeping track of my food really helps.

Thanks for starting this Tinker!

#3- journal all my food intake everyday! I've done weight watchers in the past and I find that keeping track of my food really helps.

Thanks for starting this Tinker!

I just joined WW today :goodvibes Ive done it for the last week on my own and lost 3.5lbs so I figured I'd try since its probably the only diet Ive never done.

My new goals would be

1. Do some kind of activity every day.... its been really hard to get endurance back.

2. Drink 60oz water a day... I hate water but am now committed. I bought a new glass 20oz water bottle and actually drank 80oz my first day, really trying to stick to it and not have my extra glass of wine in the evening or coffee in the morning instead.

3. Keep tracking everything... no matter what plan Im on its only ever worked if I wrote everything down and stay motivated, my downfall is being bored after a plateau so Im excited to start again. :cheer2:

Yay! I'm glad I have some buddies for the next 30 days! Thank you!

Today I stayed strong with the sugar thing. I only had a little sugar in my coffee. After dinner, I went out for a little jog. It was such a beautiful, warm October evening. The sunset was amazing and I saw a big snake and a deer. (mountain road) It was so worth it!!

I am in.

I belong to our YMCA and I want to get in the grove of going at least 4 times a week. The Fall weather is so nice, I don't want to go inside and work out, so I take the dog for a walk. But he stops and smells everything.

I need to cut sugar, processed food.

Drink more water and eat more Fiber.

Yay! I'm glad I have some buddies for the next 30 days! Thank you!

Today I stayed strong with the sugar thing. I only had a little sugar in my coffee. After dinner, I went out for a little jog. It was such a beautiful, warm October evening. The sunset was amazing and I saw a big snake and a deer. (mountain road) It was so worth it!!

Real sugar or artificial? I picked up the book the same day I decided to do Weight Watchers called "The Virgin Diet". I havent read it yet and when I hit a plateau Ill look into it more and am going to try to combine the two.

But from the few pages I read talks about we can get a food intolerance to certain foods which makes certain diets that worked before not work now basically. You have to give up sugar but they allow Stevia (which is gross but I bought some to try). I like equal but am slowly trying to switch over so It wont be such a harsh change, I only use it in coffee so its not too bad.

You have to give up sugar but they allow Stevia (which is gross but I bought some to try). I like equal but am slowly trying to switch over so It wont be such a harsh change, I only use it in coffee so its not too bad.

Have you tried Stevia in the Raw? I like it much better

Well, I'm in.

I have been on weight watchers since January 1st and have lost 40 lbs. Last month I had a really bad experience at work and fell off the wagon. Gained 4 # back. :(

1. Get back on WW hard core. (and lose the remaining 14# to my goal weight in the next 3 months)

2. Exercise at least 30 minutes everyday this month. ( plan to start a daily ab challenge.)

3. TRACK everything and journal my experiences.

And to hold myself accountable I'm posting my "Not So Sweet" starting weight: 166.8 :rolleyes2

Hopefully at the end of the month it will be lower :worship:

My goals:
1. At least 10,000 steps everyday

2. More clean eating (no chips!)

3. Cut back on late night eating. This one will be the hardest...I work 2nd shift and I come home at midnite and plant myself in front of the TV and munch on something. Food is such a stress reliever for me :sad:

Good Luck everyone!!

And to hold myself accountable I'm posting my "Not So Sweet" starting weight: 166.8 :rolleyes2

Hopefully at the end of the month it will be lower :worship:

Good for you Kitten!

Let's all be accountable here.

Today again I had sugar in my coffee. And I went to the gym!

I'm so excited you all are in this with me!! Thank you!:lovestruc

Ok I'm in! I've been doing the Leslie Sansone 2-mile walk video the last couple weeks along with walking with DH and DM at the mall. My problem is I love to bake cookies for the family and I, so I need to make better food choices---or snacks! Lol!! Good Luck everybody!!:goodvibes

Just checking in...How's everyone doing with the challenge? It's day 3!

I'm taking my daughter to swim lessons and I'm going to walk for that 45 mins.

I have been doing really well so far on my eating. No junk and I've journaled and counted points for everything.

My exercise needs some help. While I have been walking more than I usually do each day, I need to kick it into a higher gear!

But I will be getting home late the next few days because I'm getting ready for report cards and parent/teacher conferences. So by the time I get home I dont have much time for anything more than a quick walk. So I have been trying to move more around the classroom and walk to the front office as much as possible.

How's my Not So Sweet Challenge buddies doing?
It's day 10 - are you all still moving everyday?

I have been happy with my daily activity. I'm running, walking and throwing a few weights around in my living room with a Chaleane dvd. This morning it was raining so I changed my running plans to 100 pushups (20 at a time) between showering and getting ready for work. :cheer2:

Talk to me, how are are things going for you??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter