October is here!!! A Semi-live TR!!! Our Oct 7-14 trip to the world!

That said...I know I may mentioned it...we are total ride wusses...this means...no MS either green or orange lol
Smart thinking/

and probably not even TT...I know...heresy.....but the last thing we want is to feel sick at a theme park
Check out a ride video for this. There isn't much to it that could cause motion sickness. I am pretty sensitive and had no issue last time I rode it. (in 2013) Its pretty straight moving stuff with plenty of airflow around you.

Figment after that? Who the heck knows if those are good uses of FP's
Not particularly. Its generally always walk on.

.no idea...wait...is Figment Tier 1??
Nope tier 2 if you really want it.

It's a bit of a more relaxed plan this day which I think is good because after a few days of hard touring I think we might be a bit tired...yeah, wimps...I know :)
Not wimps. YOu saw our step count on our trip and that was with minimizing walking as much as possible.

One of you suggested maybe doing our MNSSHP this day instead of Day 2...and I keep thinking...should we? Shouldn't we?? It has it's plus sides...in that, at least if we only get to MK at 4 or 5pm...we wouldn't get kicked out a couple hours later....BUT...we will have gotten up super early and not sure we'd have the stamina to say out late that night...and also...if we don't get checked into our room right away...we wouldn't have time to put on costumes and get ready for the party properly...but...does that matter?? Ugh...another Disney Dilemma...
I would stay away from this idea. You never know what can happen on travel days and having the party scheduled for this night would add a lot of stress to the travel. Don't schedule anything you would hate to miss on this first day.

Now if it was just me...I'd probably spend more time here...mostly perusing ever nook and cranny of WS.

::yes::

but I'm sure we'll find food somewhere.

POR is just a short walk along the river.
Also, the boat to DTD might be running... but I don't really know.
I also don't know if anything's open at DTD for breakfast.
Others might know.

For FP+ I was going to go with Soarin' around say...10:30am? Then maybe Spaceship Earth and Figment after that? Who the heck knows if those are good uses of FP's...no idea...wait...is Figment Tier 1??

There are only four tier 1 attractions
1. Illuminations
2. Soarin'
3. Test Track
4. Living with the Land (No idea why)

My personal thought is don't bother with a FP for Illuminations. There's tons of places to watch it from.
Living with the Land, if you're going to ride it early shouldn't need a FP+.
It was completely deserted when I rode it after Soarin' (at rope drop)
And since you aren't doing TT... Then FP for Soarin' is an easy call.

the cronut is definitely on my list

As it should be!

Oh and also hope to hit up Germany for something caramel flavoured.

Oh and one more thing.....now I'm second guessing our arrival day plans. One of you suggested maybe doing our MNSSHP this day instead of Day 2...and I keep thinking...should we? Shouldn't we?? It has it's plus sides...in that, at least if we only get to MK at 4 or 5pm...we wouldn't get kicked out a couple hours later....BUT...we will have gotten up super early and not sure we'd have the stamina to say out late that night...and also...if we don't get checked into our room right away...we wouldn't have time to put on costumes and get ready for the party properly...but...does that matter??

MNSSHP is a complete blast. Why stress yourself out about it? Leave it for the next day.
Then you'll know you have plenty of time for rest and costuming.
Just my two cents.

:oops: Sorry about that!

Ha no worries...I'd be second guessing anyway lol...I'd rather think about this now than when we arrive wondering if there's something I should have done differently...

For Epcot, it sounds like you want to head to WS as soon as it opens. So,you may as well do your fps as early as possible. Maybe not even use the last one? We enjoyed Spaceship Earth, and it is right by the entrance.

Yeah...I think probably...if we get done everything we want in FW before 11am. Good thinking though...pick the last one for something that we don't really care about just in case.

Smart thinking/
Check out a ride video for this. There isn't much to it that could cause motion sickness. I am pretty sensitive and had no issue last time I rode it. (in 2013) Its pretty straight moving stuff with plenty of airflow around you.
Not particularly. Its generally always walk on.
Nope tier 2 if you really want it.
Not wimps. YOu saw our step count on our trip and that was with minimizing walking as much as possible.
I would stay away from this idea. You never know what can happen on travel days and having the party scheduled for this night would add a lot of stress to the travel. Don't schedule anything you would hate to miss on this first day.

I will definitely check out some youtube videos before making decisions on FP+ rides. Hmm if Figment is usually walk on...I will probably try to pick something else. Or just pick it anyway to use the FP+...or...can you pick a ride twice for FP in tier 2? Good point about not doing the party on day 1 just in case of delays or something.

POR is just a short walk along the river.
Also, the boat to DTD might be running... but I don't really know.
I also don't know if anything's open at DTD for breakfast.
Others might know.
There are only four tier 1 attractions
1. Illuminations
2. Soarin'
3. Test Track
4. Living with the Land (No idea why)

My personal thought is don't bother with a FP for Illuminations. There's tons of places to watch it from.
Living with the Land, if you're going to ride it early shouldn't need a FP+.
It was completely deserted when I rode it after Soarin' (at rope drop)
And since you aren't doing TT... Then FP for Soarin' is an easy call.

Good points all around. Definitely Soarin' is #1 on the list for FP's...it's the other two that are a dilemma...good idea about POR for eating too...I checked out their menus and they have some different things we may want to try. Not sure if we'd make it to DTD for breakfast but definitely for another meal or maybe a quick dinner - that is in addition to our ADR for Raglan Road on our MK day.

As it should be!
MNSSHP is a complete blast. Why stress yourself out about it? Leave it for the next day.
Then you'll know you have plenty of time for rest and costuming.
Just my two cents.

Yes it should!!! I can't wait for MNSSHP...all the characters and the candy...so much fun! You're right...better to leave it where it is! I knew I picked that date for a reason lol

For FP+ I was going to go with Soarin' around say...10:30am? Then maybe Spaceship Earth and Figment after that? Who the heck knows if those are good uses of FP's...no idea...wait...is Figment Tier 1?? Gah..confused. But if that's feasible...that's what I'm thinking. So then maybe putter around a bit before heading over to WS.

Soarin' is definitely a great use of Tier 1.
For Tier 2 ... we usually do Spaceship Earth & Character Spot. You don't absolutely need it for either one, but it might save you 15-20 minutes.
Figment is a similar situation - you don't absolutely need it, but it might save you 15 minutes.

It's a bit of a more relaxed plan this day which I think is good because after a few days of hard touring I think we might be a bit tired...yeah, wimps...I know :)

Having a relaxed day is nice! Intense touring really starts to wear on you after a few days, so it's definitely a good idea to have a more relaxed day in there.

Oh and one more thing.....now I'm second guessing our arrival day plans. One of you suggested maybe doing our MNSSHP this day instead of Day 2...and I keep thinking...should we? Shouldn't we?? It has it's plus sides...in that, at least if we only get to MK at 4 or 5pm...we wouldn't get kicked out a couple hours later....BUT...we will have gotten up super early and not sure we'd have the stamina to say out late that night...and also...if we don't get checked into our room right away...we wouldn't have time to put on costumes and get ready for the party properly...but...does that matter?? Ugh...another Disney Dilemma...

Personally, I wouldn't do MNSSHP on travel day. Most likely you'll have no problems and get there on time. But what if you get delayed or have travel problems? You'll be stressing out about making it in time for the party or in time to change. I think you're better off having less concrete plans on arrival day.

just found this excited for you! we just booked our trip recently and yesterday booked halloween party!!! were going oct 25th-31st
can't wait summer needs to get over with lol

Moving on to...Day 5 plans - Monday October 12 - iiiit's EPCOT day!! Yipppeee!

For breakfast, again we will probably hit up Sassagoula Float Works at the POFQ where we are staying...I do hope the breakfast is good there because we will probably have a few. We are doing the one ADR breakfast at Cape May...but other than that...we are more the grab and go type when it comes to breakfast. That said...if we aren't as impressed by SFW for breakfast as I hope, then maybe we'll wait and grab breakfast at Epcot. But what's open for breakfast at Epcot? I know the bakery in France is supposed to be amazing...but that doesn't open until 11am, right? So...not sure if that plan will work out...but I'm sure we'll find food somewhere.

Les Halles, the bakery in France, actually opens at 9 and does have some very delicious options! But if you choose to eat breakfast in EPCOT and don't feel like walking all the way over to WS, Sunshine Seasons in the Land pavilion has breakfast options, too :)

Just now catching up!

that I don't remember all that much about it. I think I vaguely remember the Safari's and DS being freaked the heck out by Bug's life
Bug's life scared the crap out of me when I was 5. My mom had to take me out of the theatre and my dad stay. :rotfl:

Then perhaps lunch
If you're doing the Safari around 2, you could always try to get a Tusker House ADR for lunch, the characters are there too.

But what's open for breakfast at Epcot?
Sunshine seasons in the Land Pavilion is open for breakfast.

go straight to Turtle Talk with crush,
Turtle Talk with crush doesn't open until 9:30 or 9:45, so I'd do the Nemo ride, walk around the Seas pavilion, and then turtle talk. Also, if you're interested in meeting Characters, the Epcot Character Spot might be a good choice for a FP, and Chip and Dale meet right outside of it to the right. If you get there by 9:25am, and just stand there, you should be the first or second people in line.

Soarin' is definitely a great use of Tier 1.
For Tier 2 ... we usually do Spaceship Earth & Character Spot. You don't absolutely need it for either one, but it might save you 15-20 minutes.
Figment is a similar situation - you don't absolutely need it, but it might save you 15 minutes.

Hadn't thought of character spot...not a bad idea...I am just not sure how many character interactions DD will be up for...but the more I read about them, the more I see that there is a lot of fun to be had if you know how to interact with the characters...I just think DD is sometimes shy....but I guess you have to go to different places for different characters...and a lot of the classics are at Character Spot...which is good for ME anyway lol

Having a relaxed day is nice! Intense touring really starts to wear on you after a few days, so it's definitely a good idea to have a more relaxed day in there.
Personally, I wouldn't do MNSSHP on travel day. Most likely you'll have no problems and get there on time. But what if you get delayed or have travel problems? You'll be stressing out about making it in time for the party or in time to change. I think you're better off having less concrete plans on arrival day.

Yes I think we will be a bit tired by this point so I'm trying to plan a slower day. As much as I'd like to be able to build in a completely park-free day...there just isn't time if we want to see all four parks, do MNSSHP and get in a second MK day...but one of those we may take it a bit slower too...we shall see how it goes.

just found this excited for you! we just booked our trip recently and yesterday booked halloween party!!! were going oct 25th-31st
can't wait summer needs to get over with lol

Hey thanks for coming by!!! We are so excited too!! That's great that you are going in October too...the halloween party looks like a lot of fun. It's funny you say "summer needs to get over with" lol...summer usually goes by pretty quickly....you're right though...maybe having something to look forward to about fall will make it drag a bit more...which is both good and bad...because our summers...at least here in the great while North...are wayyyy too short!

Les Halles, the bakery in France, actually opens at 9 and does have some very delicious options! But if you choose to eat breakfast in EPCOT and don't feel like walking all the way over to WS, Sunshine Seasons in the Land pavilion has breakfast options, too :)

Oh that's really good to know - that Les Halles opens early...yeah I know it would be a bit of a hike though to get there first thing for breakfast...and I don't want to waste too much RD time eating...so we might be better off just eating at the hotel...or maybe Sunshine Seasons we will check out as well!! Definitely we will hit up Les Halles later on though if not for breakfast...perhaps a morning snack :)

Just now catching up!
Bug's life scared the crap out of me when I was 5. My mom had to take me out of the theatre and my dad stay. :rotfl:
If you're doing the Safari around 2, you could always try to get a Tusker House ADR for lunch, the characters are there too.
Sunshine seasons in the Land Pavilion is open for breakfast.

Yeah we had to take my DS screaming out of there too...and after that he was afraid of other rides in case they did something similar...took him a lot to get over that!!

Tusker House lunch...yes that's a good idea too...I will have to check out the lunch menu.

Turtle Talk with crush doesn't open until 9:30 or 9:45, so I'd do the Nemo ride, walk around the Seas pavilion, and then turtle talk. Also, if you're interested in meeting Characters, the Epcot Character Spot might be a good choice for a FP, and Chip and Dale meet right outside of it to the right. If you get there by 9:25am, and just stand there, you should be the first or second people in line.

Oh...good to know about Turtle talk...but that's a good plan...hit the Nemo ride first - maybe more than once if there's time...and then Crush as soon as possible...don't want to get caught in waiting for that...Didn't know about Chip n Dale...so that's a good idea too! Thanks!!

Oh and one more thing.....now I'm second guessing our arrival day plans. One of you suggested maybe doing our MNSSHP this day instead of Day 2...and I keep thinking...should we? Shouldn't we?? It has it's plus sides...in that, at least if we only get to MK at 4 or 5pm...we wouldn't get kicked out a couple hours later....BUT...we will have gotten up super early and not sure we'd have the stamina to say out late that night...and also...if we don't get checked into our room right away...we wouldn't have time to put on costumes and get ready for the party properly...but...does that matter?? Ugh...another Disney Dilemma...
I think keeping it to day 2 is best and least stressful. :) If you did it on arrival you might feel harried, rushed, and not get to enjoy it as much. What will your costumes be? :D

Oh...good to know about Turtle talk...but that's a good plan...hit the Nemo ride first - maybe more than once if there's time...and then Crush as soon as possible...don't want to get caught in waiting for that...Didn't know about Chip n Dale...so that's a good idea too! Thanks!!

Chip n Dale are some of the best character interactions we had next to the dinner at 1900 Park Fare!

I think keeping it to day 2 is best and least stressful. :) If you did it on arrival you might feel harried, rushed, and not get to enjoy it as much. What will your costumes be? :D

Yes, I agree...definitely less stressful....I'm with you. I think I don't handle stress very well...lol...at least not vacation stress because it's supposed to be fun...not stressful!! As for costumes...no clue yet...I'm looking around between now and then for what I find...it's tough...I want comfortable in any weather but fun...ya know? I have a hard enough time deciding what to wear for a day at the parks...nevermind trying to dress up too lol

Chip n Dale are some of the best character interactions we had next to the dinner at 1900 Park Fare!

Yeah Chip n Dale are cute...it would be fun to see them!

OMG @Gracefulskinny you are fast!!! I just went over to add my PTR to my signature and bam!!!! Awesome to have you here!!!

So yes...I'm SO excited!! All I have booked so far is our hotel - POFQ...wahoooo! I'm so excited! I've never stayed at any of the moderates before and this one had so many great reviews, both here and from friends I have talked to. We are going from October 8-14 and again it will be just DD (age 9) and myself. I'm taking just my DS (age 12) to Washington DC in June, so it's kinda fair lol. But honestly he doesn't do well with theme parks and the kids fight constantly...so some one on one time is great for both of them. DS will stay here with his dad and it's Canadian Thanksgiving so they'll probably go to MIL's for some turkey. Maybe I will have my turkey at WDW lol!!

Anyway...I don't have time to post much right now...but I can't wait until later when I can really delve into the planning...I think I will try using one of the great spreadsheets I've seen around here...I want to check out what days to do what first I guess before I can plan ADR's...and also the MSSSHP is on...and also I think Food and Wine will still be on....so hopefully I can get those in as well...it's a bit overwhelming...in a fun sort of way of course.

I have a question...might as well post it here but if no one who is reading this knows, I will post to ask everyone on the boards...here's the thing...we are going to most likely be leaving the WDW on October 14 for home. More than likely our flight home will be in the morning, but don't know yet. My DH is trying to see if he can use air miles of some kind or do something to get our flights free (yay!). BUT....when I was booking my WDW tickets - it is only $20 TOTAL for both of us, more to get 7 days of park tickets VS 6 days!! Crazy! So I said "why not?" if there is even a slim chance of getting in an hour or two in the parks?

BUT now that I've started looking at flights, it is looking more and more like we will have to leave the hotel probably at like 8am or some such on departure day...which means no parks that day.

So here's my question...IF I have a 7 day park ticket with no hoppers....but I am only needing 6 days of it...can I use 2 park tickets in one day to go to two different parks? I know it is wasteful - but since I will have one day left and won't be able to use it at all...why not? Do they let you do that???

Something to investigate further........anyway...gotta go get the kids to school and do some ya know...work...sigh. But I will be back when I can to start the planning! If anyone has an awesome planning spreadsheet for ADR's and FP's etc that they'd like to share that would be great too!!

WOOHOOO!! We are doing our first EVER trip to Disney World this October as well! We are going the week of October 25th through the 31st, and we were back and forth on MNSSHP but we bought our tickets the other day. It just sounds like a not-to-be-missed time :) I hope you have a WONDERFUL time!

WOOHOOO!! We are doing our first EVER trip to Disney World this October as well! We are going the week of October 25th through the 31st, and we were back and forth on MNSSHP but we bought our tickets the other day. It just sounds like a not-to-be-missed time :) I hope you have a WONDERFUL time!

Hey I'm so excited for you doing your first trip!! You are not going to believe how awesome it is. I've never done the MNSSHP so I can't wait for that...never thought I'd be lucky enough to go at that time of year!!

WHAT?!! How the... what the... SEVEN PAGES AND I DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAD THIS GOING ON?!! :eek: I'm a numpty, a dumb-dumb, a total turd. I'm a horrible DIS friend!!!! Forgive me Kathy!!! I'm here now! (Better late than never, right? Right? RIGHT? :rolleyes2)

Looking forward to planning along with you, girl! :hug:

WHAT?!! How the... what the... SEVEN PAGES AND I DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAD THIS GOING ON?!! :eek: I'm a numpty, a dumb-dumb, a total turd. I'm a horrible DIS friend!!!! Forgive me Kathy!!! I'm here now! (Better late than never, right? Right? RIGHT? :rolleyes2)

Looking forward to planning along with you, girl! :hug:

Oh Billie...not to worry!!! The DIS confuses me sometimes and it's hard to keep track of where you've been....not to worry! Glad to have you here now!!! I still have 4+ months of planning so lots of time to plan along with me lol

OMG you guys I'm so excited...and so impressed with DisneyDiningBuddy!!! I just got......a BOG lunch reservation!!!! Wahhoooooo!!! I'm so excited about this!! I had to come and share that here right away because I'm so excited! We got an 11:45am time...it's a bit early for lunch but close enough lol. Before I got to this point...the alert was on for a few weeks and I kept getting notifications that we could have a lunch ressie...at 10am...uh no...or 10:20am...uh...still no...then we got 2:30pm and I considered it...but we really do like to eat at actual meal times...and if I'm paying for an alert...I want the time I want and not going to settle...until we got it!! Wahooo!

Now that I know it works...I'm debating signing up for another ressie that's hard/impossible to get just to see...like maybe an O'hana dinner...or California Grill...but I'm torn because we do already have a lot more TS meals in our plan than I usually do...BUT....I would love to do one of those...something to think about.

Congrats on the BOG!!

In terms of signing up for something else ... you can always sign up and (hopefully) get the reservation, and you can decide later if you want to keep it or not. I like to make extra ADRs and then decide a few weeks before the trip which ones to keep. As long as you cancel more than 24 hours in advance, you don't get charged anything.

OMG you guys I'm so excited...and so impressed with DisneyDiningBuddy!!! I just got......a BOG lunch reservation!!!! Wahhoooooo!!! I'm so excited about this!! I had to come and share that here right away because I'm so excited! We got an 11:45am time...it's a bit early for lunch but close enough lol. Before I got to this point...the alert was on for a few weeks and I kept getting notifications that we could have a lunch ressie...at 10am...uh no...or 10:20am...uh...still no...then we got 2:30pm and I considered it...but we really do like to eat at actual meal times...and if I'm paying for an alert...I want the time I want and not going to settle...until we got it!! Wahooo!

Now that I know it works...I'm debating signing up for another ressie that's hard/impossible to get just to see...like maybe an O'hana dinner...or California Grill...but I'm torn because we do already have a lot more TS meals in our plan than I usually do...BUT....I would love to do one of those...something to think about.
Congratulations!!!! :woohoo:

Can you tell me a little bit about how DisneyDiningBuddy works? I'm thinking ahead to my own upcoming ADR day, and wondering if this might be an option to help me get any ADRs that I can't on my own. How much does it cost?

Congratulations on the BOG ressie!

California Grill
I've eaten at the Cali Grill twice now, and everytime I've gone everyone under the age of 18 looks really bored. It's a LONG dinner. Can be upwards of 2 hours, our first time dining there I think it was 2.5, and this last trip it was a little under 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter