October is here!!! A Semi-live TR!!! Our Oct 7-14 trip to the world!

Catching up here! I'm SO glad that you are loving POFQ, and that you got a corner room! Sounds like you are having a great trip so far and yay for the surprise working out so well!

That is pretty hilarious that you forgot to pack socks! I hope the Mickey ones you bought work well and that your feet hold up for the rest of your trip!

Enjoy the rest of your time there! I am imagining myself at POFQ right now... sigh.. :)

I'm neglecting my own TR for a moment as I see you're updating like crazy! :laughing:

Also so I don't have to take notes lol :_)

This kills me.
"I don't want to take notes... too much trouble. So I'll just write out the entire day instead!"

The surprise lol!! It was the best!! We were in a cab on the way to the airport, and I even lied to the cab driver...it was kind of funny!! And he was all, "Washington, that's great! and what will you do there?" and DD was listing off some things that we had talked about lol. I almost couldn't contain myself.

Oh, this is awesome...

So as I was handing her our cards, I also passed her a piece of paper and said "give this to my daughter". At first she was puzzled but then she read it and her face lit up because she helped to share the surprise!!

A customs agent?!?!? And she didn't insist on a full body/cavity search?

Still, I'm impressed with your creativity.

She handed the piece of paper over and it said "Surprise! We are going to Disney World" !!! And she was all "what??? Really?????" And huge smile and jumping up and down and big hugs! A little crowd had formed around us by this point and even the serious business people who usually go through nexus were all happy. It was awesome!!

:worship:

(darn ME direct check through wouldn't work from Canada...sheesh...we might as well be aliens)

Really? I thought they did unless you were arriving after 10pm.
It's been too long, so I don't remember.

the bus driver said on the way home we have to get on the ME FOUR hours prior to our flight...because we are from Canada

::yes::

So for our 11:45am flight...we have to leave at 7:45am...ugh.

Sorry. You're not going to get sympathy from me here.
Remember my solo trip? The one with my flight time of 7am???

I said thanks in french, you know...we Canadians are all fluent

:rolleyes1

We decided to sleep in on day 1 (yesterday) as much as is possible...since we were doing MNSSHP last night. We slept until....7:45am lol.

:laughing:

I tried the legendary Beignets. They were good....but I really didn't need three of them for myself and DD didn't want any....oh well.

Oh, darn. You had to eat all the beignets.... so sad... :rolleyes2

Well DD swam and I passed out on a pool chair lol.

After swimming, we thought we'd try the boat ride to DTD...we had no plans to actually get OFF the boat...lol we just wanted to see what the ride was like.

It's a nice ride, isn't it? We were at POR and loved doing that.

I can not believe how crazy HOT it is here right now!!

Still???? :faint:

but you know kids...they don't always get the logic lol

No! I'm shocked! Shocked!

At this point...DD's feet were hurting. Note to self: never listen to your kid when she wants to wear anything but running shoes to the park! I know..wouldn't have gone well with her princess dress but...still bad idea. I even asked her if I should bring her flip flops just in case, but she swore her black ballet flats were comfortable. Kicking myself again even as I type this.

Kids know better than you... until they don't.

Flip flops saved the day

<phew!>

I had thought that we'd have to boot all the way back to the front gate but thankfully they had a wristband pick up spot in tomorrowland which was awesome.

Ah. I don't remember where we picked ours from, but I'm pretty sure we had to get them at the front of the park back then.

Next up, Trick or treating. The lines for this were quite long but moved quickly. Although I have to say..DD was all about collecting MORE candy...but I was all "let's go on rides, there are no lineups, you can get that crap anywhere" But she wasn't having it. So we lined up for candy. and did it again and again.

It's trick or treating! It only happens once a year. You can go on rides any ol' time, right?

:rolleyes1

The parade was a lot of fun. I especially liked the haunted mansion dancers!

:goodvibes: Such a great parade!

It was an amazing day...though I could have done without the sore feet complaining lol.

Glad the day was great, sorry about the footsies.

Can you tell I'm a little OCD?

Only if you repeat that six times.

I did end up ordering some cereal and bottled water from Garden Grocer. What a cool service. I would definitely use them again.

Good to know.

We were at MK by 11:00am and on the Peoplemover lol by 11:15am :).

So I was able to change it out for another Peter Pan FP because that and Haunted Mansion are her absolute faves.

Your DD is a smart girl.

I kinda want to go on 7DMT myself...but not sure I should leave my 9 year old standing there while I do it?? Hmmm...dilemma.

You might be able to. Ask a CM at the FP entrance.
I did that at TOT. Elle (12) wanted to go but Kay (8) didn't. I was told that right at the elevator ride, a CM would take her down in a (regular) elevator and meet us. Worked out fine.

we had some lunch at Pecos Bills. DD had the chicken fajitas and I had uncrustables lol.

Sorry. That makes me sad. I really liked that fixin's bar for the burgers there.

I got a rum drink in a shrunken skull souvenier cup which is pretty cool.

That is cool.

There was no chance in hell of getting a walk up for Ohana or Kona (I mean, I had been trying for months online but...you just never know...so I did ask. They almost laughed at me)

I don't know how I did this, but I totally forgot to bring any socks other than the ones I was wearing on travel day lol.

:lmao: After all the advice we were giving you, no one remembered to tell you to bring socks!

:lmao:

Trip seems so fun so far!

I swear if I forget anything its either socks or underwear! :rotfl2: Now they are the first two things I pack for full fear of forgetting them!

Enjoy the rest your trip!!!

Last edited:
Glad you're having such a great trip, girl! And I was in Building 6 at POFQ, and I LOVED it! Yay!!!!

That is pretty hilarious that you forgot to pack socks!

Yep. Hilarious lol. I'm glad I can laugh about it now that I have Mickey socks to wear (and wash and wear again lol).

A customs agent?!?!?

She wasn't exactly a customs agent..I didn't have the cajones to try that because it might be a bit suspicious to them if a kid doesn't know where she is actually going? But she was just the person standing at the entrance to the Nexus area making sure that the people going through there actually had nexus cards. So it worked out well because DD wasn't suspicious at all when I handed her our nexus cards along with the note about the surprise! It worked out pretty well. Plus she was a really nice lady. I could tell she was kind of happy to have helped with the surprise!

Yes. Still. I mean, I'm sure it isn't August hot Florida style? But for this Canuck it still feels pretty Freak*&^% hot!!!

Sorry. That makes me sad.

Yeah...sad about Pecos Bills I know. And sad that I ate a PB&J there along with most of the chicken from DD's fajita. But the funny thing is...you just know how it is with kids. I had also made a list of all the places I hoped to eat and foods to try at MK...but when you are hot and tired and hungry and your kid is whiny....you just end up wherever you are closest to and deal with it sometimes. It was decidedly not the first on my list of places to eat...I actually had wanted to try the waffle fries that I had heard about somewhere in adventureland or something? But anyway....it actually ended up not bad...and after worrying that we wouldn't have anywhere to sit, we found a nice shady table and everyone was a lot happier after eating. Even if it was uncrustables.

Now they are the first two things I pack for full fear of forgetting them!

Well I hope I don't make the same mistake twice lol. I suppose underwear would have been worse. And I don't mind that much "having" to buy some Mickey socks.

And I was in Building 6 at POFQ, and I LOVED it! Yay!!!!

I love it too!! It's close enough to everything, and far enough away to be quiet. And I love our ground floor corner room. It's perfect. I would even go so far as to say I would actually request this very room again if I had the chance! Funny thing is if I had requested it, I probably would have not gotten it lol

Feet do seem to be a recurring theme for you! Blisters, flip flops, socks....

Yes it sure does lol. But we have recovered and now hopefully have enough socks for the rest of the trip. Feet sore though...not sure we'll get over that until we are home!

keeping the secret and keeping up with real life totally gets you a mulligan on packing socks!

OMG you're right. Life was super busy...I have more DIS time here on vacation than I have at home lately lol. Probably because I do want to have some decent sleep and not come home a mess...so I've been trying not to stay out super late.

If DD isn't feeling 7DMT, I'm sure you will find something that is just as magical.

I ended up changing it to one last ride on Buzz Lightyear on our last day. That's a favourite too.

the walk from the buses to the gate is going to be almost at his limit.

Yeah...sigh...there really is no getting around the walking. I mean...it's worth it but...still very hard on the feet especially if you aren't used to it.

She must have been over the moon!

She sure was!! I think she was happy to be going anywhere without her brother lol...but she was super excited when she found out!

Disney definately has a way of wearing the feet out, doesn't it? How has the weather been for you guys?

OMG totally. I can't believe how sore my feet and legs are. The weather. STINKIN' HOT. I really was not expecting that. I mean I know it's Florida but...yeah. Crazy hot. Even at night. Somehow I thought it would be a bit less. I think I'm getting a bit more used to it but...still hot.

Might as well try to keep this sorta live TR thing going...we are back at POFQ and it's about 9:40pm....DD is playing on the ipad and we are again...wiped...but another great day.

Day 3 Hollywood Studios

Today we had an early wake up call for 6 am to try to make the first bus and morning EMH at DHS. Wow. 6:00am on vacay is early. And dark out. And still super hot. We ate some of our Garden Grocer goodies in the room - I had Fruity pebbles and DD had little debbies Chocolate chip muffins. Don't judge. We can't get either of those things in Canada.

Anyway...got to the bus by 6:45am...there were a few other loony birds like us waiting. Bus came at 7am and we were at DHS by 7:38am. Waited...and waited.

As we were waiting...I heard some CM's talking. I was semi paying attention in my pre-caffeinated state when I heard someone mention Toy Story Mania. My ears perked up, because, that was where we planned on heading at RD. So I said, "excuse me, what were you saying about TSMM?" And the lovely CM said, "It's down right now and we aren't sure when it will be opening for the day". Inside I was screaming "***???? *&^^ We got up at 6:00AM to try to get in multiple rides on TSMM and it's DOWN??? We busted our butts to get here for nothing? And TSMM is practically the ONLY reason we came to DHS at all???"

But I tried for my DD's sake to remain outwardly calm and formulate a backup plan in my head. All kinds of nonsense was going around....we could go to another park and RD DHS on another day? But then what about all our ADR's and all the plans for other days? No...that wasn't going to work...well...what else could we do?? And DD is looking at me while I have this internal debate...ugh!! I was not a happy camper. But I was determined to show DD that...S&^% happens and you have to learn to roll with it. Ahem.

So I was a bit deflated...but on with the show. They finally let us in...but there was a line of CM's standing in front of the way to Pixar Place trying to tell everyone that TSMM was down because Andy was at home....and they weren't sure when they would get it back up. Ugh. Well. It was 8:05am...we had a FP for TSMM at 10:00am so all would not be lost if it came back up...though there was definitely not chance of multiple rides on it. Sigh.

I really wasn't sure what to do at this point. I know...if we were thrill riders....we could have done RnRC...but we aren't. BUT...even though there is no way DD (or I for that matter), would ride ToT, I did kind of want to see inside the tower and I had heard about the chicken exit. So while lines weren't too long, we went in and asked about. They told us to keep telling the CM's and they would show us where to go. I'm glad we did because I love the theming in there. DD was terrified though and I had to kind of drag her in there and she kept saying "are you sure we can get out??" and then she was terrified to go in the elevator that just takes you out. Very funny. And they made us cluck like chickens in the elevator. I loved the exit and the dump shop too. So that was kind of fun.

Then we went out and we saw the green army guys and Pluto and had some fun talking to them. We then did One mans dream and saw the Monsters inc characters. Then we weren't sure what to do next, so we went back to see if TSMM was back up and alas it was!! YAY!! So it was almost time for our FP so we got to go on. We LOVED it. I love the way you shoot so much more than Buzz...I found it way easier to aim and see where you were shooting! I'm SO sad that we only got to ride once. The lines were ridiculous all day for stand by - as it 60-95 minutes all day. Nuts. No way I'd wait in that.

After TSMM we did Muppet vision FP and walked around some more. We saw Goofy too. We walked around a bit because Chip and Dale were supposed to be out but we couldn't find them. Then it was almost time for lunch - we had an ADR at Sci-Fi. DD was really impressed with that place. I loved it too. Dd had cheeseburger and chocolate shake and in honour of Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, I had the Turkey sandwich. I thought it was pretty good - it had lots of bacon and some avocado mayo on it. And came with cucumber salad which was good too. The bun wasn't the greatest and it was a bit messy - but pretty good. Oh and a vanilla coke.

After lunch, we looked in the shops a bit. I got a "walt Disney world" sweatshirt and DD got some pins and also did some trading. We did the Little mermaid show. When we came out of that, the skies were looking very ominous. We had a FP for the Frozen sing along but we were still early for it. We looked around a bit more, and then the sprinkling started....and so we started making our way to Frozen...and just as we were getting under the canopy...the heavens opened up!! We got a bit wet as we waited to scan our magic bands to get in to the FP area...but luckily when it really started coming down we were covered. Phew!!

The frozen sing along was a lot of fun. If you like that kinda thing lol. There were some cute jokes and the singing and the snow was a nice touch too. :))

After that, we had really done everything we wanted to at DHS...we wandered a bit more looking for characters but didn't find any. And did I mention it was hot? And crazy crowded? I really had no idea this many people came to Disney for Columbus day (or Canadian Thanksgiving...but... ugh. Crowds. ) Anyway...we got to the bus and waited quite a while. I really wouldn't have minded waiting...if there was more seating. And shade. But we were melting.

Finally got back to POFQ and had a nice rest in the dark cool room. Bliss. But then it was almost dinner time and we had no ADR...I wasn't sure what to do because even though I didn't feel like going out yet...I knew that even if DD wasn't hungry yet..it would take time to get anywhere and then time to find somewhere to eat and then...crowds. We ended up taking the boat over to DTD. The first place we came upon near the boat dock thankfully was Wolfgang Puck Express. Which miraculously was one of the places I had wanted to try. So there we went. And then what did I eat? Kids chicken fingers and fries lol DD got a cesar salad lol. I don't know why but that is just what appealed at the time and it was all surprisingly good. We ended up sharing everything and it was the perfect amount of food.

After dinner we wandered the shops. The crowds...gah. I guess...saturday night...plus holiday weekend...sigh. But ridiculous wall to wall people. I got a cool Haunted mansion "rest in piece" couch cushion...which I hope will fit in my suitcase :) And DD got some hair ties and other pins. Our last stop of the night was Goofy's candy co. I got a skull candy apple and DD got some Halloween Cotton candy.... We went back to the boat dock and waited about 10 mins before a boat came to take us back to POFQ...

And here we are...wiped again. Now off to bed shortly and tomorrow...Animal Kingdom :))

She wasn't exactly a customs agent..I didn't have the cajones to try that because it might be a bit suspicious to them if a kid doesn't know where she is actually going? But she was just the person standing at the entrance to the Nexus area making sure that the people going through there actually had nexus cards. So it worked out well because DD wasn't suspicious at all when I handed her our nexus cards along with the note about the surprise! It worked out pretty well. Plus she was a really nice lady. I could tell she was kind of happy to have helped with the surprise!

Ah, okay. I know exactly who you mean, now.

I had also made a list of all the places I hoped to eat and foods to try at MK...but when you are hot and tired and hungry and your kid is whiny....you just end up wherever you are closest to and deal with it sometimes.

Oh, no judging. I get it.
I just got back from the World with Kid. :laughing:

I actually had wanted to try the waffle fries that I had heard about somewhere in adventureland or something?

Golden Oak Outpost. Just around the corner from Pecos Bills on your way to Adventureland.

we are again...wiped...but another great day.

As long as you can end that sentence with "another great day", it's all good.

Wow. 6:00am on vacay is early.

::yes::

I had Fruity pebbles and DD had little debbies Chocolate chip muffins. Don't judge. We can't get either of those things in Canada.

Totally not judging.
1. I get it.
2. I really get it.
3. Calories don't count on vacation.

So I said, "excuse me, what were you saying about TSMM?" And the lovely CM said, "It's down right now and we aren't sure when it will be opening for the day".

Nooooo!!!!!

We got up at 6:00AM to try to get in multiple rides on TSMM and it's DOWN??? We busted our butts to get here for nothing? And TSMM is practically the ONLY reason we came to DHS at all???"

So you were not happy?

And DD is looking at me while I have this internal debate...ugh!!

"keep smiling... keep smiling... keep frickin' smiling..."

But I was determined to show DD that...S&^% happens and you have to learn to roll with it. Ahem.

:laughing: At least on the outside.

It was 8:05am...we had a FP for TSMM at 10:00am so all would not be lost if it came back up...though there was definitely not chance of multiple rides on it. Sigh.

Dang... Considering the scarcity of rides in the park... just... dang.

BUT...even though there is no way DD (or I for that matter), would ride ToT, I did kind of want to see inside the tower and I had heard about the chicken exit.

::yes:: Kay did that when she was little. You must see the theming on the ride.
It's really too bad that the chicken exit isn't just before the drop.
Some of the effects there are really good too.

I'm glad we did because I love the theming in there.

::yes:: I'm glad you went, too!

and then she was terrified to go in the elevator that just takes you out. Very funny.

:laughing: Funny!

And they made us cluck like chickens in the elevator.

:lmao: No way!

We then did One mans dream

I thought that was gone already!

so we went back to see if TSMM was back up and alas it was!! YAY!!

Yay! But what was the wait time by then?
I presume it was too long already not to use your FP?

I love the way you shoot so much more than Buzz...I found it way easier to aim and see where you were shooting!

::yes:: Agree 100%. So much so that I don't really care for Buzz anymore.

we had an ADR at Sci-Fi. DD was really impressed with that place. I loved it too.

It's a fun place. I hope you got to sit in a car?

...and just as we were getting under the canopy...the heavens opened up!! We got a bit wet as we waited to scan our magic bands to get in to the FP area...but luckily when it really started coming down we were covered. Phew!!

Good timing!

And did I mention it was hot?

Nope. First time.

I really had no idea this many people came to Disney for Columbus day (or Canadian Thanksgiving...but... ugh. Crowds. )

Yep. I guess people who are a little too far to go on a weekend, but on a three day weekend...

We ended up taking the boat over to DTD. The first place we came upon near the boat dock thankfully was Wolfgang Puck Express. Which miraculously was one of the places I had wanted to try. So there we went. And then what did I eat? Kids chicken fingers and fries lol DD got a cesar salad lol.

:laughing: Well, at least you've been there. I have yet to go.

After dinner we wandered the shops. The crowds...gah. I guess...saturday night...plus holiday weekend...sigh. But ridiculous wall to wall people.

Ugh. No. For shopping? No way.

I got a cool Haunted mansion "rest in piece" couch cushion...

Cool! Good choice.
Maybe I should re-think the shopping thing if you can get HM stuff there.

which I hope will fit in my suitcase :)

Just put it in the space that the socks would be taking up.

I got a skull candy apple

mmmmm.... love candy apples.

Sorry to hear about the heat and crowds (blech, it was crowded in early September too... I think it's just always crowded at WDW now) but glad you are still having fun! Bummer about TSMM being down in the early morning but at least it was up and running in time for you to use your fastpasses!

I'm going to look up your temps now... wonder if it's as hot as it was when we were there. It really wasn't bad when it was cloudy but man that sun is killer when it comes out. We had a misting fan that was a lifesaver - might want to grab one if you don't have one already!

Also, I didn't know that anyone still got Columbus Day off. Many cities are no longer recognizing it as a holiday and have changed it to Indigenous Peoples' Day instead.

Golden Oak Outpost. Just around the corner from Pecos Bills on your way to Adventureland.

Man...you mean I was that close and didn't know it? Ugh. Oh well. Bygones.

3. Calories don't count on vacation.

Thank goodness for that!!

Way.

I thought that was gone already!

I think One Man's Dream is on its way out...but still there. Thank goodness because I have no idea where all of us who lined up early for TSMM would have gone in the morning otherwise.

I hope you got to sit in a car?

We sure did! I would have been sad if we didn't after making the ADR 4 months ago lol. I did feel bad for folks walking up to the counter all "table for 4 please" and the CM's trying to tell them as politely as possible, "uh...you seriously didn't think you could walk up here and just get a table did you? Not without scouring the website for days and days months ago like everyone else here in the lobby waiting for a table" lol. Half of me was smug. Other half feels bad that this is the way it is and you can't be at all spontaneous anymore.

For shopping? No way.

Well not just shopping...dining and shopping and entertainment...there were bands playing and people watching the Amphicars launch too. Which was pretty cool. I'd never pay for that but pretty neat. Of course DD wanted to go but...yeah sorry no.

I should re-think the shopping thing if you can get HM stuff there.

They do...they have little pockets of it in a lot of shops but you have to be on the lookout.

put it in the space that the socks would be taking up.

Bahahaha you are good lol. And it's true...although...the cushion is slightly bigger than a few pairs of socks lol..but luckily my bag didn't seem THAT full on the way here.

it was one of my unexpected favorites on my last trip.

Yeah it was a lot of fun. Despite some bad singing around me lol

Despite the TSM drama it sounds like you all made the best of your day in MGM. Glad you enjoyed SciFi, it's one of our favorites.

I love how you did the surprise! Such a great idea to get the airport/customs staffer involved!

Finding the right park shoes can be a nightmare. For adults too, not just kids (although ... adults probably complain less). It sounds like you did have a good day despite the complaining!
(And why was she complaining so much if you spent half the day on the Peoplemover ... aka not walking anywhere?)

I think your subconsious brain told you not to pack socks because it wanted you to buy Mickey Mouse socks at Disney. Seriously. Brains do weird things when packing for Disney is involved. And all of your socks should have Mickey Mouse on them anyway...

TSMM being down first thing in the morning is insanity. Really. It sounds like you guys found plenty of other stuff to do, but ... that really does kinda killyour morning plans.
And, I have to say, I'm very saddened to hear that you can't get Fruity Pebbles in Canada. Have you considered moving to the US? We have plenty of Fruity Pebbles! Come to the sugary side!

Okay, I'm sure I missed something exciting, but ... whatever. I hope you guys are having a great time at Animal Kingdom right now!

right now 24C/76F but 92% humidity.
High tomorrow 30C/86F 65% humidity.

Not bad at all... we had highs of about 94 on two days near the end of our trip. The days in the 80's were much more bearable... I actually wore jeans on those days! yeah, I'm a little strange.

Man...you mean I was that close and didn't know it? Ugh. Oh well. Bygones.

C'est la vie.

We sure did! I would have been sad if we didn't after making the ADR 4 months ago lol. I did feel bad for folks walking up to the counter all "table for 4 please" and the CM's trying to tell them as politely as possible, "uh...you seriously didn't think you could walk up here and just get a table did you? Not without scouring the website for days and days months ago like everyone else here in the lobby waiting for a table" lol. Half of me was smug. Other half feels bad that this is the way it is and you can't be at all spontaneous anymore.

Here's a little flashback for ya.
My best friend and I went in 1987. Even then I knew about the UOG (although I probably borrowed it from the Library instead of buying it).
The instructions for getting a table in Epcot where thus: Get to the park before opening. Ride SE (No TT or Soarin' yet). Immediately after riding, before you exit you'll see some computer screens. (I think they would let you "face to face" speak with a CM, but I don't remember) Make your dinner reservations there.
We did. Ate at Coral Reef right by a "window" into the aquarium. It was awesome.

and people watching the Amphicars launch too. Which was pretty cool. I'd never pay for that but pretty neat. Of course DD wanted to go but...yeah sorry no.

Sometimes the body is willing but the wallet is weak.

luckily my bag didn't seem THAT full on the way here.

Betcha it'll be THAT full on the way out!

Got to MK about 2pm....there was a huge crowd at bag check...uh oh. It seemed very crowded to me...which was a bit unexpected because we always come in March and I thought THAT was crowded.
While I am truly sorry that you are dealing with more crowds than you expected to this comparison does alleviate some worries DH and I had over crowds this upcoming march.

Are all the cars like that?
I can't say for sure, but looking back at my pics of Tomorrowland speedway has Little Miss sitting on the left. THough I seem to recall the wheel being more in the center.

though I remember being not so great at driving those cars (despite having a drivers licence lol
Its the track I swear!!!

Then we went on peoplemover and Carousel of Progress.

After that...guess what? Peoplemover again
DH and My favorite in park break!

We were at MK by 11:00am and on the Peoplemover lol by 11:15am :).
WOW! That's some bus luck!!!

I kinda want to go on 7DMT myself...but not sure I should leave my 9 year old standing there while I do it?? Hmmm...dilemma.
You could always tell her that you have your heart set on giving it a try and make her go once. The harness holds you in nice and tight she'll be fine!

I am just amused that I spent like 5 months planning this trip and I forgot to bring socks lol. Ooops.
:rotfl: Its always the small things right? LOL!

she kept saying "are you sure we can get out??" and then she was terrified to go in the elevator that just takes you out.
:rotfl:

And they made us cluck like chickens in the elevator.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

And did I mention it was hot? And crazy crowded? I really had no idea this many people came to Disney for Columbus day (or Canadian Thanksgiving...but... ugh. Crowds. )
Again, sorry this caught you off guard but It makes me feel better for March!

We went back to the boat dock and waited about 10 mins before a boat came to take us back to POFQ...
Gosh that's some Boat luck!!! :earseek:

Glad you enjoyed SciFi, it's one of our favorites.

Yeah it was pretty cool in there. I wish that they had some star wars characters regularly though - that would make it even cooler...but I know that is only for the uber expensive hard to get special events...sigh...but yeah, I was just happy to have a seat in a nice dark room at that point lol

Seriously. Brains do weird things when packing for Disney is involved.

That must be it. I have no problem with a couple new pairs of mickey socks lol

Have you considered moving to the US?

I have. Many times. Every time we visit my parents in south Florida. Whenever we are there and anyone needs anything from the grocery store I'm all "I'll go, me please...can I go??" Because I just can't believe the selection of everything.

I actually wore jeans on those days! yeah, I'm a little strange.

wow. Yeah. Jeans....would be hot lol Speaking of hot, I couldn't believe some of the full body costumes people had on for MNSSHP. You would roast. This one guy was dressed as the tin man...looked like a full body pleather suit. And silver makeup on his face and hands. I just can't even imagine.

Make your dinner reservations there.
We did. Ate at Coral Reef right by a "window" into the aquarium. It was awesome.

Yeah things were a little different back then. I came with my mom in 1990 and they had that cool thing where you could have your picture engraved on those stones by the entrance? I look for it every time I go. I wonder why they stopped doing that because there is still so much room?? Must be money. Sigh. But yeah...the days of walk up at Coral Reef day of...over probably unless you want to wait 2 hours.

The harness holds you in nice and tight she'll be fine!

Ha ...yeah...but then I'd be THAT mom dragging her crying kid through the lineup lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter