October is here!!! A Semi-live TR!!! Our Oct 7-14 trip to the world!

You're so close!

I think comfort is definitely key for the MNSSHP costumes. If the pajama-type dresses are what's most comfortable, go with that. I really don't understand how parents make their kids walk around all day in these princess dresses that look so uncomfortable...

I don't really have much to add, I just wanted to say have a great trip!!

Hi Kathy! Wow your DH did the Ironman!! That's insane. Props to him. Has he ever done one of the RunDisney races?
I hope your next few weeks aren't too stressful! I know the packing part always makes me stressed out and that's because I like to travel light but to WDW I feel like I need to pack more stuff "just in case" - like, you know extra pair of Mickey ears or something. LOL

I find those kids costumes very itchy! I've gotten them for my nieces and they don't even like to wear them, unless they wear a t shirt or something under but that kinda defeats the purpose of the costume. Anyhoo my niece ended up wearing one of the PJ dresses to a birthday party and loved it! So I think your DD would be fine in one of those. Comfort is key! The Anna boots sound really cute. I guess maybe see if she can walk for a few hours in it before deciding if you should bring them?

Can't wait to hear about how the surprise goes!

So close!

I have to get a travel letter signed by our lawyer (because I'm travelling to the US with my DD and her dad isn't coming with us - to make sure I'm not kidnapping her...sigh...).
So, you are learning from other people's mistakes... ;)

oh maybe I should tell DD's teacher that she will be missing some school lol
Lol. We were at the airport in Boston with our friends (for Worlds), and the other mom gets a phone call from school. She hadn't called them at 3 am before leaving Chicago to say the kids were missing school! Oops...

Fwiw, I've never started packing until the day before a trip. I just do it all at once...

Good luck on keeping everything a surprise

It's tough...I've almost blown the surprise myself a few times lol. But now I'm programmed to say "Washington" every time I think "Disney" lol

I really don't understand how parents make their kids walk around all day in these princess dresses that look so uncomfortable...

I have no idea. The only thing I can see if if your kid insists on wearing something...sometimes it isn't worth the fight...but then they will be whining later when they are hot and itchy so..it's hard to win lol

Hi Kathy! Wow your DH did the Ironman!! That's insane.

He sure did. And yes, it is and was totally insane lol.

Has he ever done one of the RunDisney races?

No he hasn't - he would like to, and so would I...but they always seem to be at times that we just can't go on vacation...maybe one day when the kids can stay home without us lol

Can't wait to hear about how the surprise goes!

Me too..I'm still puzzling over how to keep it a surprise as long as possible!

o, you are learning from other people's mistakes..

Ya yep. I have gotten these letters before lol..but they sometimes ask for them and sometimes don't. It's a bit of a pain...currently trying to set up a time with DH and a lawyer friend to sign it...sigh...

She hadn't called them at 3 am before leaving Chicago to say the kids were missing school! Oops...

Ha...yep similar things have happened to me lol

So now you're at 12 days :cheer2: It does seem to sneak up fast, doesn't it? We still have 56 days so I feel like there's nothing to do, but between basketball starting in a few weeks, younger DS's bday next month and all my PTA stuff, I know all of a sudden I'll be at 12-13 days and I'll be like "what :scared1:?? I have nothing ready!!" lol.

I say just go with a Disney shirt for yourself at this point. We've done a few MNSSHP's. The idea of the adults dressing up is cool and lots of adults come up with the best costumes. But, in the end DH and I have just done Disney shirts. I never felt out of place; no matter how many people are dressed up at any given party there are a bunch who are not dressed up and a ton wearing Disney themed shirts :)

Almost down to single digits!!!! So excited for you all.

I think I may end up being totally lame on the MNSSHP costume....I don't have anything...and probably won't have time to get anything...except perhaps more Disney themed t-shirts lol. But I think I have enough dress up-y things for DD to choose from (since she still doesn't know that we are going to Disney!!!)
I wouldn't sweat it. Your daughter will be thrilled to be there and I'm sure she will care less what she wears. Especially once all the candy starts piling up ; )

I don't mind if she sees me packing because she thinks we are going to Washington still.
Well if you change your mind and decide to come to DC just let me know :rotfl:

Also I ordered some groceries from Garden Grocer - just some water and granola bars and a few snacks - really cool service. They called me to confirm when it would arrive and that it would be waiting at the desk when we arrive. I just have to remember to pick it up as I'm sure we will be a bit tired when we get there late at night and probably distracted!!
We used them for one trip and it was a great service. In fact our groceries were already in our room waiting when we checked in, which was a major bonus.

I have to get a travel letter signed by our lawyer (because I'm travelling to the US with my DD and her dad isn't coming with us - to make sure I'm not kidnapping her...sigh...)
Is this a real thing???? Never heard of that before

It sure is. I have to deal with this often in my line of work. :rolleyes: It doesn't apply to domestic travel, only international. (And crossing the US/Canada border counts.)

Yep, @kastoney. I've got a TR going and just related the story of how I didn't bother bringing a letter this time, since I've never been asked for one after years of travelling alone with one or both DDs. This time I got asked for the letter (and of course it was the first time I didn't have one!) and was briefly detained before being allowed to enter the States.

But, in the end DH and I have just done Disney shirts. I never felt out of place; no matter how many people are dressed up at any given party there are a bunch who are not dressed up and a ton wearing Disney themed shirts

I'm so glad to hear that. If I have any time this week I may try to hit some stores and see if I find anything easy but other than that not going to sweat it if we don't have anything really exciting to wear. You're right - she will just be happy to be there I think.

You're so freakin' close to double-digit dancing!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

I know!! Almost single digits!!! Wahh gotta start packing!! I hope DD doesn't notice that so much of the stuff I will be packing is Disney themed lol...but I love Disney even when not going there so...hopefully that will fly with her :)

I'm sure she will care less what she wears. Especially once all the candy starts piling up ; )

No kidding! I'm excited about the Disney Halloween themed food and treats too!!

Well if you change your mind and decide to come to DC just let me know

Ha!!! Well probably not this time lol...but I DO hope to bring DD to Washington sometime lol

our groceries were already in our room waiting when we checked in, which was a major bonus.

That is so awesome. I may go amend my order and get some more stuff...though I can't think of what right now lol

It most certainly is - though like @pkondz said - sometimes they ask for it and sometimes they don't...better to have it...especially when I will be acting shifty anyway trying to keep the surprise lol

only international.

Yep...when us Canadian (aliens lol) come to the US....they want to make sure we aren't in some kind of crazy custody battle where one parent tries to take the kid out of the country or something. I guess it kinda makes sense but...it's a PITA. My hubby thankfully has a meeting with his lawyer tomorrow so is planning on getting it signed - and at the same time, he's going to get one signed for Christmas time when we go to my parents' place in South Florida (no Disney on that trip sadly lol) but I will be leaving with the kids on the trip a few days prior to hubby so we have to have the letter again.

This time I got asked for the letter

Yup - I hardly ever get asked for it too..but always good to have it ...sigh...it is a pain in the rear to get though...every time...just one more thing you have to remember before vacation...

WAIT DID WE MISS SINGLE DIGIT DANCE! Was it yesterday or is it today?

SOMEONE DANCE WITH ME:jumping1::dancer:party:

Or is tomorrow and then i just look like a fool

I'm so excited!!! But also, I've been too busy to be excited...and now I'm starting to get stressed about getting ready and packing!!
I feel your pain! But somehow it all comes together!

I think I may end up being totally lame on the MNSSHP costume....I don't have anything...and probably won't have time to get anything...except perhaps more Disney themed t-shirts lol. But I think I have enough dress up-y things for DD to choose from (since she still doesn't know that we are going to Disney!!!)
We are in the same both. I have gone back and forth over costumes for weeks and I think we will just wear halloween t shirts! Like others have said comfort is the key.

I came pretty close actually to buying her a cute Jasmine costume at the Disney store when I blew in there on a few spare minutes yesterday. I thought about it - but the material felt a bit itchy and depending on the weather it could be pretty uncomfortable...so...she's going to probably end up wearing one of the pajama type princess dresses...and that's just fine. I'm going to bring her Anna boots and if she wants to wear them and bring flip flops in the bag that is fine too...
So weird, I was in the Disney store this week and almost did the same thing since she loves Jasmine but decided against for the same reasons you did. We are taking her a halloween t shirt and her snow white fancy gown (read PJs)!

I have to get a travel letter signed by our lawyer (because I'm travelling to the US with my DD and her dad isn't coming with us - to make sure I'm not kidnapping her
That is crazy but I can see why it is necessary but still it is one more thing you have to do!

WAIT DID WE MISS SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!

Yes!!! 7 days!!!! And really only 6 1/2 because we leave on the afternoon of day 7!! Wahoooo!!!

and her snow white fancy gown

Yeah I wonder if they will even know they are actually PJ's lol...it does look like a fancy gown...only softer lol

It's starting to get real!! I've made arrangements for the dog to go to doggie daycare during the weekdays we are gone - hubby will have to take her there and pick her up each day..so at least they will have her home at nights...and on the weekend. I've started the official packing...got most of DD's stuff done but haven't had a chance to do much for mine...other than ordering some pants online lol that counts as getting ready, right? I hope to get into it more this weekend because the weekdays before we go next week are sure to be crazy busy. I have to figure out how we'll get to the airport on Wed...our flight is at 6pm...so getting to the airport will be right in the middle of rush hour on the busiest highway in the country...so...that will be fun...I guess we better allow lots of time lol. I was hoping to not have to take DD out of school early that day, since she will already be missing 4 days...but...I may have to just for the sake of my sanity...what's another couple hours off school lol

I have printed out all our plans and taken screen shots for my phone. I got a portable charger...although it isn't that great - maybe I shouldn't have cheaped out on that. I got it for $12.99 which seemed like an awesome deal..only...the cable doesn't stay in properly so you have to hold it the whole time it's charging...kind of annoying...but not sure it's worth doing anything about at this point...

Got some one time use cheapo rain ponchos...so that's good just in case. Let's hope we don't need them. I also got this really cute dollar store fabric bag - just a small one - that I put all of DD's pins and her lanyard in - hopefully she won't notice them missing from her room.

So it's getting there...slowly...I know no matter how organized I think I am being...there will be some last minute-ness about this...just because of how hectic everything has been lately. But I got my travel letter and our passports...and a credit card...so what else do I really need lol

It's almost time!!! I bet you're getting so excited!!
Sorry I missed single digit dance day!
giphy.gif

Have a fantastical trip!!

But I got my travel letter and our passports...and a credit card...so what else do I really need lol

Yup, you are set! One way or another...oh, I guess it would be good to pack something that proves you actually have paid for your tickets and stuff...

And yeah, I'd pull her early. You don't want to have to stress about getting through traffic to make your flight!

Btw, you may need to spring the surprise before you go through security - in case they ask her if she knows where she is going, and she says Washington, DC, but your travel info says Florida! (They asked my daughter on our way home from Boston and she was all confused that they were asking, but at least she gave the right answer, lol).

So excited for you!!!! Your trip is so close!!! Can't wait to hear/read all about it when you return!!!!

Again, I have been remiss on my trip report reading! I am so glad you are so close to going back! As for costumes...I just had a tank top and shorts the last time I went. It had been pretty weather the whole week and the day before the party it got extremely hot and HUMID, so I went with what was comfortable. I will say, the Halloween costumes at the store have gotten considerably more comfortable and better made and better quality than they have been in the past. But I would go for comfort first and foremost...of course I am saying this without having read all the details! LOL!

Lynn

I have to get a travel letter signed by our lawyer (because I'm travelling to the US with my DD and her dad isn't coming with us - to make sure I'm not kidnapping her...sigh...).
I've never heard of having to do that before...

You're so close! :cool1: I hope you have a great time on your trip and can't wait to read about it and how the surprise goes!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter