October is here!!! A Semi-live TR!!! Our Oct 7-14 trip to the world!

I feel that the trip is right around the corner once the FP+ day gets here!

Yup. Funny though because even FP+ day is still 60 days out lol

I love talking about it so much and all the planning I am sure she would know!

I do too..that's why I'm here on the DIS...so I can talk about it all I want but not ruin the surprise...or...make everyone around me want to scream lol

I'll be interested to hear how your FP+ booking goes. I've never dealt with this system before so it is making me a little nervous!

I'll be interested to hear how your FP+ booking goes. I've never dealt with this system before so it is making me a little nervous!

You and me both. I've only done it once...and the first time I did it, I didn't feel this much pressure - because I hadn't been to the parks in a while, and I didn't really know what the "in demand" things were...now that I have a list of what I want...and a little girl who knows what she missed last time...I will feel bad if I don't get what we want.

I also ditch my FP if the mood strikes, so for me they are really a back up plan on some days.

That seems like a good strategy. Or if you manage to do something early that you have an FP+ for later you could change it I guess...but...I don't really want to be on my phone that much in the park...with the exorbitant roaming fees we Canadians have to pay lol

I love the idea of telling DD you're going to DC and then at the last minute saying "Hey, how about we go to WDW instead?" :goodvibes

As long as you're sure she won't say, "Nah, I much rather go to DC." :scared1:

Fastpass is approaching, must mean the trip is almost around the corner!

Agree A&E is really the only fast pass you need to get right away and the rest can be added the next day with mine train being the first priority. For those frozen gals as others have suggested, try for later in the trip first and you'll have more time options.

And don't stress about being on vacation. I may or may not have had our 60 days hit while we were at the beach and when midnight struck I may have partook in quite a few adult beverages already ; ) We had no wifi so we just used our phones to get A&E at midnight and worked on mine train the next day.

As long as you're sure she won't say, "Nah, I much rather go to DC."

Ha yeah...it's funny because that could happen lol...But... I don't think so. And if it does, I can tell her we can go to DC another time - which I really would like to go back anyway so that is not a lie lol. But pretty sure she will be thrilled when she finds out it's Disney.

And don't stress about being on vacation. I may or may not have had our 60 days hit while we were at the beach and when midnight struck I may have partook in quite a few adult beverages already ; ) We had no wifi so we just used our phones to get A&E at midnight and worked on mine train the next day.

That's awesome...I will probably be in the same state - ie: after a few bevvies....when FP+ time hits...that is if I'm still awake lol...which in this case I will have to be. But I do like the idea of just trying to snag Anna and Elsa and maybe Mine train...and then I will worry about the rest the next day...

And of course, there's always great people watching!

People watching at WDW is so much fun. There are all types there, that's for sure lol

I would definitely do A&E and Mine Train right away. They both tend to fill up very fast. Then the next day, TSMM and Soarin, if you are doing those two (can't remember)...they tend to book fast too.

I am living vicariously through all you folks that have a trip later this year...it is really depressing to see my current countdown at 460 days! LOL! But at least it is a countdown!

I would definitely do A&E and Mine Train right away.

I think if I manage to do anything, I may as well try to book them all....and then go to bed lol. I may tweak the times after but hopefully if I bother to be online at midnight...I may as well try to get everything...but I guess it depends on how I'm feeling at that time (and perhaps how many bevvies I've consumed by 12am that night lol, since I will be on a road trip with my BFF)

it is really depressing to see my current countdown at 460 days!

I know it seems forever away...but the good thing is...when your ADR time comes you will be ready and be hopefully able to get everything you want...which I've never experienced lol.

I may even act like I "can" be totally spontaneous lol and be all "so...I know I said we were going to Washington, but...how would you like to go to Disney World instead"...lol I don't know if she will buy it but...it will be awesome anyway lol.
I love this idea! Just be all slick an casual about it! :rotfl:

I love this idea! Just be all slick an casual about it! :rotfl:

Thanks!! Although, if she knows her mom at all, she will know that I've actually planned it for months and have a detailed spreadsheet lol..but at least I have a strategy to try to keep the surprise...because...sadly..IRL..I have a very hard time being slick and casual lol

OMG you guys...I can't believe I am just over a week to FP+ day!! So after much discussion...as you may recall, I'm going to be on a little road trip with my BFF on my FP+ day. So we will just be doing a little drinkie perhaps on that night...just to make sure I stay up until midnight lol.

I'm going to share my FP+ wish list. Remember...we are NOT thrill seekers in the least...so I know lots of you might be a little shocked by how tame all the rides are that we are choosing for our FP+... But I know my DD and she is likely to balk at anything that goes remotely fast. However...we were at a tiny little local amusement park a few days ago, and she went on a roller coaster. It was TINY - as in probably smaller than 7DMT by a landslide...but it was a huge step for her. We went with a friend and her 6 year old, who is very brave. And I think that's the only reason my DD went on ...because she is older than this girl by 3 years and didn't want to be a wuss in front of her lol. She ended up loving it and going on several times. They also have a small log flume ride which she loved as well...so. That changed up one FP+ to definitely try to include 7DMT. I wasn't originally going to, but now I think she may actually want to go on. I'm going to make it for day 2 though, so that even if we get there and she changes her mind and doesn't want to go, I can hopefully change it the day before and still get something decent.

So without further ado, here's my FP+ wish list. Feel free to comment (on anything but the lack of thrill rides lol)

Park day 1 - MK and MNSSHP (late park arrival due to late flight in night before...hope to sleep in and spend morning poolside and getting into costume)

2:45-3:45pm - Peter Pan
3:45-4:45pm - Winnie the Pooh
4:45-5:45pm - Tomorrowland Speedway (there is sort of a method here...location closer to the front so we can then make our way to where character lineups might start for the MNSSHP after...)

Park day 2 - MK again!! Yay!! (Also hope to sleep in a bit on this day after MNSSHP night before)

12:30pm-1:30pm - Jungle Cruise
1:30pm - 2:30pm - 7DMT (to be changed if on Day 1 she says no way)
2:30pm-3:30pm - Buzz Lightyear

Park day 3 - DHS with EMH (plan to RD TSMM and TGMR)

10:15-10:40 - Frozen Sing-a-long
10:40-11:40am - TSMM

(ADR for Sci Fi at 12:10pm)
1:30-2:30pm - Muppet Vision 3D (if it is still there....or Indiana Jones)

***just read some disturbing news that Muppet Vision and One Man's dream are rumoured to be closing end of Sept...sigh..hope it's not true)

Park day 4 - AK (RD Safaries, maybe tough to be a bug or some trails)
(ADR for Tusker House 10:30am)
11:30am-11:50am - Festival of the Lion King
12:00pm - 1:00pm - Kilimanjaro Safaris
1:00-2:00pm - Disney Pals at Adventurers' Outpost

Park Day 5 - Epcot (RD Nemo, the Land)
10:00am-11:00am - Spaceship Earth
11:am-12:00pm - Soarin'
12:30pm - 1:30pm - Figment - or maybe Character spot?

Park Day 6 - MK
10:00am-11:00am - Meet Anna/Elsa ***if I can get this earlier in the trip, I will, but I've been told the best strategy is to book from the end of the trip and work your way forward...so...if I get it earlier...I can do something else here...
12:00pm-1:00pm - 7DMT **assuming she liked it earlier in the trip...can always give that up for something else if she hated it or refuses to go at all
(ADR 11:45am - BOG)
1:00pm - 2:00pm - Peter Pan
**lots of backup ideas here as well....but I know we love PP and want to go a few times...and with only one RD day...the only way is FP+...lineups for this take sooo long.

And that's it....love to hear your thoughts!

Looks like you have a great plan, though on ANna and Elsa you should be good on your last day, just don't bank on that early in the morning. We were able to get them starting on our day 5, but in the evening and it was our day 7 before we saw anything before noon.

I hadn't heard the MUppet rumor. So sad if it's true. Pretty soon there will be next to nothing to do at mgm.

Excited to hear how scheduling goes! I think 7DMT is a good idea, I'm not a huge rollercoaster fan (now, I do like some more thrilling ones, but some are just a little too tall or too fast for me) but 7DMT isn't bad at all!

And if she ends up liking 7DMT, you might want to check out BTMR. It's bumpier, and not as smooth, but still not bad.

just don't bank on that early in the morning.

OK this is useful!! I will change around the order of my "wish" list so I'm not scrambling on the fly to switch things around!!

Pretty soon there will be next to nothing to do at mgm.

I know!!! It's so sad!! I guess I may just go this time...and then...probably not do DHS again for a few years...I don't know when we'd be back anyway but...so be it...sad though.

And if she ends up liking 7DMT, you might want to check out BTMR. It's bumpier, and not as smooth, but still not bad.

Not a bad idea...but I may not mention it until after she has done and liked 7DMT...wouldn't want to freak her out lol

Not a bad idea...but I may not mention it until after she has done and liked 7DMT...wouldn't want to freak her out lol

Of course! If she does like 7DMT, and you have a smartphone, you could try looking up a video of the ride, or taking her by it and letting her watch other people on it.

That changed up one FP+ to definitely try to include 7DMT.
Wise choice I think.

so that even if we get there and she changes her mind and doesn't want to go, I can hopefully change it the day before and still get something decent.
We didn't have issues finding day of decent options at Magic Kingdom. I wouldn't worry about this.

Figment - or maybe Character spot?
I think that CHaracter Spot would be better use of a FP. Figment was walk on when we went over.

Other than that it was I think your plans look good.

The way I hear it nothing but TSM RNR TOT and Star Tours is safe.

Last edited:
taking her by it and letting her watch other people on it.

Yes I will for sure do this. She has seen in back in March...and didn't want to go then...but that was before she went on this little local roller coaster and loved it...so maybe her perspective has changed.

I think that CHaracter Spot would be better use of a FP. Figment was walk on when we went over.

OK good point. I guess I could always change that later too if she isn't as enthused about characters. Because we are doing a character meal at Tusker and will book Adventurers outpost...so I'm not sure if she'll want to do ALL the characters? But well wait and see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter