October is here!!! A Semi-live TR!!! Our Oct 7-14 trip to the world!

Noooooo! Not MuppetVision! Say it ain't so! :sad:

I know, right??? How could they????

I personally would keep DHS in the plans. It sounds like it will be a final opportunity to experience a lot of the attractions that are on the chopping block. Plus, there could be some new things added between now and October. I'm very intrigued by the rumors of Anna and Elsa's boutique possibly being added!

That is a good point...so I will know what the "before" and "after" look like if they do a lot of new stuff. Anna and Elsa's boutique would be awesome...doubtful if it will happen before October but who knows...where did you hear that rumour, do you remember?

This is the part where I have no other Disney planning that can be done until T- 60 days....so I start second guessing all my ADR's and such....again.

So I know I told you guys that on our MNSSHP day...I agonized over restaurants and times for eating breakfast and what to do...park/no park etc.....and finally booked an ADR at 1900 Park Fare breakfast. It sounded like a good idea at the time because I do want to do ONE character meal. I couldn't get the ones I really wanted so I settled on that. Fast forward to this morning. I was playing around here on the DIS and also saw some stuff - good stuff...good reviews of the food and the character interactions on FB....about Tusker House. Now that was indeed one of my top choices for a Breakfast ADR...but I couldn't get one on our AK day for pre-park opening. I tried again a few times and even today...the only time I could get for that would be 10:25am. I don't really want that because that's prime park touring time. So I booked a lunch there for 12:30.

You'd think I'd quit there but no....sigh. I have to be honest....lunch buffets scare me. Honestly...I'm a bit of a buffet snob. Really I am a bit afraid of most buffets other than breakfast- because I think it's harder to mess that up. I've felt sick a few times from Buffets...not necessarily at Disney (though once at Chef Mickey's) but...I just know I would be paranoid about eating a lot of stuff. I know that you go to character meals for the characters anyway...but I still don't like overpaying for sub-par food. So I thought about AK and decided that....even though 10:25 really is prime touring time...if we get there at RD...we could do our top RD attractions...and then save our FP for after our breakfast/brunch. So...I booked the 10:25am breakfast and cancelled the 12:30 lunch ADR that I had just booked earlier and went with the 10:25am.

Then...moving back to our MNSSHP day...so now...that's the day after we arrive. So now I think on that day...we will try to play it by ear. We will have a park ticket if we feel like it. Here's where I thought perhaps...IF we are not tired from getting in late the night before...we might take a walk through Epcot for just a brief bit or maybe go to the Boardwalk and look around and then walk out through WS to the busses back to POFQ or something...who knows...something to think about. Or we may just be REALLY lazy and hang by the pool or a brief boat ride to DTD or something...who knows. Trying to play it loose ...lol as IF I'm capable. I know I will second guess this too a thousand more times lol But that's where it's at now.

This is the part where I have no other Disney planning that can be done until T- 60 days....so I start second guessing all my ADR's and such....again.
:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Sorry, I'm laughing because I SO RELATE TO THIS. I think this coming December trip might be the first trip where I won't be doing that. I don't want to jinx myself, but I think I got it perfect the first time. But then again, every trip in the past, I've booked my "perfect" ADRs at 180 days out, then get to thinking of alternate "better" plans and start moving everything around. I totally get it! :hug:

So I thought about AK and decided that....even though 10:25 really is prime touring time...if we get there at RD...we could do our top RD attractions...and then save our FP for after our breakfast/brunch. So...I booked the 10:25am breakfast and cancelled the 12:30 lunch ADR that I had just booked earlier and went with the 10:25am.
This sounds like a great plan! I did breakfast there last September, and it was wonderful! And at that time, depending on how long you spend there, you might even catch the change over from breakfast to lunch, should you want the best of both! :thumbsup2

Then...moving back to our MNSSHP day...so now...that's the day after we arrive. So now I think on that day...we will try to play it by ear. We will have a park ticket if we feel like it. Here's where I thought perhaps...IF we are not tired from getting in late the night before...we might take a walk through Epcot for just a brief bit or maybe go to the Boardwalk and look around and then walk out through WS to the busses back to POFQ or something...who knows...something to think about. Or we may just be REALLY lazy and hang by the pool or a brief boat ride to DTD or something...who knows. Trying to play it loose ...lol as IF I'm capable. I know I will second guess this too a thousand more times lol But that's where it's at now.
Girl, I think you have the right idea here. I am always advising my clients to not underestimate the value of a rest day! Or at least a half-day of rest! Take it easy, gives your footsies a break, enjoy your resort, or maybe go to Downtown Disney or the Boardwalk, and just chillllll for a few hours at a less hectic pace. You've got a late night the night before AND a late night for MNSSHP that night... So sleep in and get rested up, then just go relax where the wind calls to you for the day! :goodvibes

Last edited:
Fast forward to this morning. I was playing around here on the DIS and also saw some stuff - good stuff...good reviews of the food and the character interactions on FB....about Tusker House. Now that was indeed one of my top choices for a Breakfast ADR...but I couldn't get one on our AK day for pre-park opening. I tried again a few times and even today...the only time I could get for that would be 10:25am. I don't really want that because that's prime park touring time. So I booked a lunch there for 12:30.

even though 10:25 really is prime touring time...if we get there at RD...we could do our top RD attractions...and then save our FP for after our breakfast/brunch. So...I booked the 10:25am breakfast and cancelled the 12:30 lunch ADR that I had just booked earlier and went with the 10:25am.

I think the 10:25 breakfast is still a great idea! You can get the safari and Pagani trail done before breakfast. I love Tusker House!

I have to be honest....lunch buffets scare me.

Oh?

I've felt sick a few times from Buffets...

Oh!

So I thought about AK and decided that....even though 10:25 really is prime touring time...if we get there at RD...we could do our top RD attractions...and then save our FP for after our breakfast/brunch. So...I booked the 10:25am breakfast and cancelled the 12:30 lunch ADR that I had just booked earlier and went with the 10:25am.

Actually, that sounds like a really good plan to me.
Tour the park any darned way you want! It's your trip!

I know I will second guess this too a thousand more times lol

:laughing:

I think you can definitely make the 10:25 breakfast work - you've got the first hour (plus a few minutes) for touring, and it's a nice break that gets you away from the crowds when the latecomers start to show up.

And yeah, it's really hard to play it loose. Planning everything is so much more fun ... it just also drives you more crazy!

Sorry, I'm laughing because I SO RELATE TO THIS. I think this coming December trip might be the first trip where I won't be doing that.

Ha!!! I'm gonna hold you to that Billie lol. You DO have a great list of ADR's lined up...but there's a lot of time between now and December lol.

it was wonderful! And at that time, depending on how long you spend there, you might even catch the change over from breakfast to lunch, should you want the best of both! :thumbsup2

So glad it was good. And good point about changeover to lunch - that didn't even occur to me lol One thing though...I was thinking of booking an FP+ for Adventurers Outpost - but do all the characters that you can see there do the Tusker House breakfast? Because if so, then the FP would be a waste....

So sleep in and get rested up, then just go relax where the wind calls to you for the day!

Sounds good to me lol Even if the wind calls us to do absolutely nothing but sit and lounge on our hineys in the sun by the pool lol...weather permittting of course lol

I think the 10:25 breakfast is still a great idea! You can get the safari and Pagani trail done before breakfast. I love Tusker House!

Thanks!! Safari for sure...I'm gonna go look up the Pagani trail...I don't remember much about the trails...gotta go see what's where and make a plan for RD...

Actually, that sounds like a really good plan to me.

Thanks!! While I did want to at some point go to the GF...I'd rather just maybe drop by and look around sometime when we don't have to rush there for an ADR.

it's a nice break that gets you away from the crowds when the latecomers start to show up.

Yup...I think that is what I had in mind. The latecomers will show up just as we are finishing up and we will have FP+ for our faves.

Planning everything is so much more fun ... it just also drives you more crazy!

Yup...it's fun but insane...I totally get it. I like to plan...I just don't like it when you get there and you see that things could have been planned differently or better...I guess that's why I'm trying to do my second guessing now in advance lol

In case anyone's interested in a IRL update...well even if you're not lol...you're gonna get one :) I think it's kinda fun to learn a bit more about peoples' lives on here....anyway. This past weekend my hubby competed in the Ironman 70.3 in Muskoka, Ontario. If you care to know what that is...google it lol. But I can tell you...it's a pretty %$^ing insane triathlon. And it is called a "half" Ironman...that's the 70.3 part...because...not only is my hubby insane enough to do that...he is also insane enough to have signed up for what's commonly known as the Ironman...at the end of August....or the 140.6 as it's most often scene on car stickers and tattoo's and such. People who complete both of these events here in Ontario are said to have done the Tough Toonie, and that gets a medal of its own...which hubby aspires to add to his collection at the end of the summer.

Anyway...so that was our weekend. We went up to the Deerhurst Resort near Huntsville, Ontario, which is about a three hour drive (4 1/2 on the way home, thank you cottage traffic...ugh). The resort itself is really pretty...but all their activities and just the way it's run...I have to say...makes me think of the movie Dirty Dancing lol. I know I date myself by saying that lol...but...it just does. Anyway...it is a beautiful spot. On Saturday..while hubby did silly things like go to a race expo and some seminars by other crazy triathletes and got a bike tuneup and went for a practice swim....I did this:

Feet_zpsb59n2hal.jpg

Which involved actually very little physical activity because I was so paranoid about getting my phone wet or worse, dropping it into the lake. But it was lovely and relaxing. Oh...and note - the kids had been dropped off with my parents for the weekend so we were kid free so that was a nice little break from the routines of you know...having the kids around lol.

Anyway...we hung around that day, and the resort had a special carb loading buffet because 99% of the hotel was occupied with these crazy triathletes lol. We went to that...it wasn't stellar...but it was ok. After that we hung out and watched the movie the Gambler. I have to say...not Mark Wahlberg's best work. Oh well.

On triathlon day, we got up super early...4:45am. Gah. And not even to catch a flight to Disney lol. I helped DH into his wetsuit - not an easy task I tell you. He got his bike and running gear all set up at the transition areas and off they went.

This is hubby about to start the swim portion:

Ironswim_zps48lob8cj.jpg

Then after the swim...this course is nuts...to add insult to everything they are already doing...they have to run UP a 800 m hill to get to the transition area for the bike part....Here's hubby starting out on the bike....

Ironbike_zpsweq1rqjj.jpg

Then...bike a punishing course...this area has a lot of big and steep hills...it's rumoured to be one of the toughest Ironmans...and my crazy hubby had to pick it to be his first.....

But he survived...and finished in just over 7 hours...

Ironman_zps4xm73jyd.jpg

I'm so proud of him. It was a crazy hot day...and...I couldn't do even one leg of this race much less all three. But...it's been a long road...and the rest of the summer is not gonna be easy with all the additional training needed for the full at the end of the summer...Nutter I tell you. Though I did get some great T-shirts for the family. Mine says "IronMate" and the kids got "Ironman support crew".

I have to share though...there were some hilarious signs along the course....but my fave was "if your relationship is still good, you aren't training hard enough" lol. Nailed it. I'm not kidding. That is why people...I'm going to Disney in October lol.

Thanks!! Safari for sure...I'm gonna go look up the Pagani trail...I don't remember much about the trails...gotta go see what's where and make a plan for RD..

Last May, we had a 9:30am reservation for Tusker House (unlike this year when we had a pre-park opening, but last year we decided to go less than 180 days) and we got the pagani trail done (its right next to the exit for the Safari) and even got to take our time with it. We got to see one male gorilla drink out of the river thing, which was actually really cool! You might want to do the Safari first thing (and FP it later maybe?) and then do the trail. By then, you might still have some time left (maybe you'll be done with both by 10? it depends on how long you decide to look at the birds and such) and you can easily check into the reservation early. This year, we checked in 20 minutes early and they sat us right a way, this year we checked in 10 minutes early and got seated right a way.

Which involved actually very little physical activity because I was so paranoid about getting my phone wet or worse, dropping it into the lake. But it was lovely and relaxing.
I'd be paranoid about falling in. I hate falling out of water craft things. And then the struggle is getting BACK in it. Two years ago my mom and I and her friends had a great idea to jump off a pontoon boat we rented. Well.. since it was rented, we had no ladder. And I have no upper body strength... It took us awhile to get everyone back into the boat... :rotfl:

I am very impressed (and horrified) that your husband did a half Ironman ... and is doing a "full" one later.
And 4:45 AM wakeup isn't that bad ... if you do a Disney race, you have to be at the start area by then! Maybe you should get him to do a Disney race next ... and then you have another excuse to go to Disney!

We got to see one male gorilla drink out of the river thing, which was actually really cool! You might want to do the Safari first thing (and FP it later maybe?) and then do the trail.

That is really cool. And that sounds like a good plan - I do want to do the safari twice...because I think you tend to see more at some times than others...so increases the odds of seeing all the animals. A gorilla drinking out of the river must have been cool to see I'm sure!!

It took us awhile to get everyone back into the boat... :rotfl:

That must have been quite a sight lol

I am very impressed (and horrified) that your husband did a half Ironman ... and is doing a "full" one later.
And 4:45 AM wakeup isn't that bad ... if you do a Disney race, you have to be at the start area by then! Maybe you should get him to do a Disney race next ... and then you have another excuse to go to Disney!

You and me both lol. He (and I actually) would love to try a Disney race. It's unfortunate that they never seem to be at times that we are able to get away. One day I do hope we can do it though. I want one of those medals.

That photo of you on the lake is awesome. I relaxed just looking at it!

Congrats to your DH on completing that half ironman. I'm pretty sure, if I put my mind to it,
I could possibly do a one tenth ironman... but that would be pushing it.

I got a kick out of the shirts and that sign you saw.

We did a 10:25 or so Tusker House ADR and we still had plenty of time to do everything else. Ok, so we didn't do Festival of the Lion King, and we missed a trail, but then you won't be doing some of the rides we did. The food was delicious, and we got both breakfast and lunch foods
so that was fun. That was our sleep in morning, so we didn't do anythingbesides the Pangini trail before it.

Congrats on your hubby doing the half ironman! One of the tkd dads at the old dojo did them - I heard a few similar stories!

My own IRL update is that my dd made top 8 at Pokemon Nationals (video game juniors), so she gets to go to Worlds in Boston in August!

I relaxed just looking at it!

It was a really relaxing place...except for I felt like a fat slob with all these uber-fit people around lol

I'm pretty sure, if I put my mind to it,
I could possibly do a one tenth ironman... but that would be pushing it.

Same here. I've done a 5K and could maybe work up to a 10 but...beyond that...insanity I tell you.

My own IRL update is that my dd made top 8 at Pokemon Nationals (video game juniors), so she gets to go to Worlds in Boston in August!

Wow, that's really cool! That will be so much fun! I think I know someone who went to that in Indy? I'm sure the kids really enjoy it.

Wow, that's really cool! That will be so much fun! I think I know someone who went to that in Indy? I'm sure the kids really enjoy it.

She had a blast! It helps that we have a really active, awesome Pokemon League. There were a whole bunch of us there at Nats, and 5 of the kids will be going to Worlds! (It was also more fun because everyone who needed to do well to get to Worlds did well enough to get their Worlds invites. It might not have been as much fun otherwise!)

I know, right??? How could they????

That is a good point...so I will know what the "before" and "after" look like if they do a lot of new stuff. Anna and Elsa's boutique would be awesome...doubtful if it will happen before October but who knows...where did you hear that rumour, do you remember?

I don't remember exactly where I read it, but I think it indicated that it will be there soon, but may only stay until September. Unless Disney decides to extend it like they did all the Frozen summer stuff last year...

There were a whole bunch of us there at Nats, and 5 of the kids will be going to Worlds!

How awesome...so she already knew some people there...what a blast!! At least they are putting all that gaming to good use lol

Unless Disney decides to extend it like they did all the Frozen summer stuff last year...

I will certainly cross my fingers that they will hold out until Mid-October on some of the closures!

Happy belated Canada Day.

I'm with ya on the to MGM or not dilemma. On our last trip (short weekend) we skipped it all together because I felt there wasn't anything we would really miss, and we even have park hoppers. With their continued closing of attractions and TSSM being the only real draw, not sure if we'll do it next trip or not. Understand it is clearly a park in transition, but their need to close things down and have them just sit empty is completely absurd (I'm looking at you backstage tour).

Great choice with Tusker House, it's the one and only character meal I've actually enjoyed. We did it last trip (review forthcoming) and again it didn't disappoint. Plus with a late breakfast reservation, you usually get the lunch items put out too so you can enjoy the best of both worlds.

Congrats to the hubby on the iron man. Looks like you all had a great weekend.

I'm with ya on the to MGM or not dilemma.

It is a dilemma indeed. I think for now I will probably leave our plans with it in there...BUT...IF once we arrive and DD knows about the trip (or before that if I fail at keeping the surprise lol) then we will make a final decision on that...maybe change to another park that day or a rest day or something if we don't feel it's worth it. That said...since we haven't been there in forever...and we may not get back to WDW for a few years after this...who knows...it may be nice to see it one more time before they (hopefully) revamp a lot of the park into something more worthwhile....

Great choice with Tusker House, it's the one and only character meal I've actually enjoyed.

I'm so happy to hear that. I take your opinions on food seriously lol. I feel good about that change now. Also - when I first started planning I hesitated to take the time for a TS meal while at AK because I worried about not having the time to do all we wanted to. But after more research...I don't think that will be a problem at all.

Congrats to the hubby on the iron man. Looks like you all had a great weekend

Thanks!! We did have a great but busy weekend....I feel like summer...though I love it...is a bit of a rushed time for us. At least up here in the great white North lol. You kinda feel like every moment of warm weather, you have to make the most of and not waste a minute of it...so you end up really busy trying to cram so much fun into a short summer!!

Last edited:
How awesome...so she already knew some people there...what a blast!! At least they are putting all that gaming to good use lol

She has made some really good friends at her local Pokemon League, actually. They have a blast together! I do like that she's very goal focused when she's doing her gaming, and she does a lot of research and studying, not just playing.

Now I have to finish planning our Boston trip for Worlds. I've already bought plane tickets and reserved a hotel room. I have to figure out what to do with our luggage between when we arrive and our room is ready, however. I'm hoping either I can leave it at the hotel, or possibly we will know someone coming in Wednesday night and can drop our stuff with them, if we can successfully rendezvous. She wants to do part of the Freedom Trail, but perhaps not while carrying all our stuff! I'll also have to do that the last day. Packing light is definitely going to be a goal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter