October Hours frustration

I wouldn't get concerned with it one bit. It's only August.

I'm going October 22 to 29 and am making fastpasses on Wednesday. That's the problem. Need to know if I should plan for AK evening and when will Star Wars fireworks be shown. When I was there in May, Star Wars fireworks were not every night.

Maybe they're trying to funnel guests to the Halloween Party.
Ding, ding, ding! The first MNSSHP sellout (for Halloween night) was announced on Aug. 3 last year. We're now almost three weeks past that date this year.

It makes total sense that Disney could delay announcing later hours at other parks to try and squeeze party tickets out of guests.

Ding, ding, ding! The first MNSSHP sellout (for Halloween night) was announced on Aug. 3 last year. We're now almost three weeks past that date this year.

It makes total sense that Disney could delay announcing later hours at other parks to try and squeeze party tickets out of guests.

What? If I go to MNSSHP on disneyworld.com I can still buy tickets for halloween night right now? Or it's certainly giving me the option. Mind you, we're going the 30th because I wanted to remain somewhat sane.

Also I REALLY hope that they don't really change much to the hours. I'm working ADRs and all that around those hours lol

What? If I go to MNSSHP on disneyworld.com I can still buy tickets for halloween night right now? Or it's certainly giving me the option. Mind you, we're going the 30th because I wanted to remain somewhat sane.
Re-read what I said. Halloween night sold out on Aug. 3 LAST YEAR.

Also I REALLY hope that they don't really change much to the hours. I'm working ADRs and all that around those hours lol
The hours will change for DHS and MK - - and potentially for AK.

Bah I did misread that. I hope that if they do change it's just longer hours. Except for AK. Do not, AK! I'm warning you! *shakes fist at WDW* I have a reservation at Sanaa I don't want to cancel!

Bah I did misread that. I hope that if they do change it's just longer hours. Except for AK. Do not, AK! I'm warning you! *shakes fist at WDW* I have a reservation at Sanaa I don't want to cancel!
Hours will be added, not taken away.

We have a trip planned for last week of October. Right now HS is showing closings of 7pm most nights. To me that doesn't make sense considering the SW Fireworks. I mean, they just started...wouldn't think they're going anywhere for a while. Any guesses on what will happen with HS hours/SW Fireworks??

I know hours can and prob will change a little but it's really a pain to try and plan. Mostly trying to mesh dinner times/adrs with trying to guess what time fireworks will be/park will be open, etc...

And...don't even get me started on AK hours! I know that's all up in the air. I really have a hard time believing they're going to go back to closing at 5 & 6pm. So I'm holding out they'll be open at least until 8 or 9pm. The tree of life was so spectacular when DH and I saw this summer...want the kids and our extended family to see that and ride EE at night, even if there is no nighttime "show."

After the October crowds last year, I would hope they would leave some parks open later. MO is that would help the disperse the crowds.

Hard to plan, when you don't know what you're planning, arggg.....Anyway, just frustrated, like everyone else, I suppose :) So there's my rant for the day.

I hear you, OP! We want to see the Star Wars fireworks and it's looking less likely. Last week the hours for DHS were listed as 7:30PM, and now they've been reduced to 7PM. Doesn't sound good. It's going to barely be dark! :sad2:

We were also looking forward to seeing AK at night, with or without ROL being open. (Although it would be nice. :love:) 7pm doesn't sound like that'll be happening either. It's certainly better than 5 or 6pm as it has been in years past, but considering there's going to be nothing to do after 7pm on party nights except for Epcot, I'm pretty bummed.

Hello, I'd like to sign up for the October support group please. I've moved beyond frustrated and am into the apathy phase. :sad1:

Me too! :sad1:

We're there from the 23-28 of October. Hoping that either Wed or Thurs that week has later HS hours. We are hopping and with the Halloween party many of the nights we're there, we need something to do at night besides the one night we're going to the party. Seriously, it's Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. We're going on Tuesday. Other than going to Epcot every night, there's nothing to do past 7pm. Seem pretty outrageous. Maybe they're trying to funnel guests to the Halloween Party, but it's really unfair considering it's an expensive hard ticket and they shouldn't expect people to go more than one night while they're visiting the parks.

Right??? It's crazy!!!

I'm going October 22 to 29 and am making fastpasses on Wednesday. That's the problem. Need to know if I should plan for AK evening and when will Star Wars fireworks be shown. When I was there in May, Star Wars fireworks were not every night.

Those are our dates as well. I don't know what to plan for what mornings/days because I don't know if we'll have any decent time in AK or DHS in the evenings.

Hours will be added, not taken away.

Last week, DHS was open until 7:30pm for our dates, and now we're down to 7pm. I don't think they'll go lower than that for DHS (At least I pray they don't. :sad2:), but after they did that, I'm not holding my breath for AK extending hours now. :( I hope they do something though!!!

We're there from the 23-28 of October. Hoping that either Wed or Thurs that week has later HS hours. We are hopping and with the Halloween party many of the nights we're there, we need something to do at night besides the one night we're going to the party. Seriously, it's Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. We're going on Tuesday. Other than going to Epcot every night, there's nothing to do past 7pm. Seem pretty outrageous. Maybe they're trying to funnel guests to the Halloween Party, but it's really unfair considering it's an expensive hard ticket and they shouldn't expect people to go more than one night while they're visiting the parks.

^^This!! We're going Oct 26-30, and there's ONE day (plus the day we land, but we're not scheduled to land until after 5PM) that MK is not in MNSSHP mode at night. I can imagine how swamped it will be, but really, when I'm already paying a lot of money for a vacation, I don't feel I should need to shell out more money just to be able to experience MK at night with some more flexibility. I know, first world problem.

Being concerned about it is different than being irritated about it. I'm confident they will extend hours, but considering I'm trying to plan a very expensive trip without complete information, it is frustrating, irritating, and downright unnecessary for Disney to be so apathetic about providing their customers the information they need.

Yes! This exactly!!! I'm sure hours will change...why can't they just update them?! Esp at HS, I know the AK stuff is more up the air, but they know they'll be having the SW fireworks so the park will not be closing at 7:30pm. Why not just post it?! Just a little extra irritated since we're getting closer and I'd like to start finalizing things :/

You really think they will reduce AK hours back to 5pm? As of now they have AK closing at 7pm in October

No not at all. I'm in the group that think AK is no longer a 5pm park. With all the new stuff introduced and Pandora opening next year, I think it's a nightly park now.

My previous post was in reference to some saying there's rumors that AK is going to go back to 5pm closing though until Rivers of Lights is ready to save on payroll. But I really don't see that happening.

I can see AK closing at 7 or 8pm late in the year because it gets dark a lot sooner, but I don't see the night time stuff going away

Yes! This exactly!!! I'm sure hours will change...why can't they just update them?! Esp at HS, I know the AK stuff is more up the air, but they know they'll be having the SW fireworks so the park will not be closing at 7:30pm. Why not just post it?! Just a little extra irritated since we're getting closer and I'd like to start finalizing things :/

I completely agree! The part that bugs me is that we have to book ADR's at 180 days out to ensure that we get everything that we want, and FP's at 60 days for the same reason. But at that point, we still don't know the park hours/nightly entertainment! We have park hoppers, so we can jump parks later in the evening, if necessary. I really feel bad for the people that don't have hoppers though and may have to make the choice between their ADR's, FP's and nightly shows.

I need this October support group as well! The Star Wars thread folks keep telling me that we will know about fireworks in another week or so...it would be nice to know before the 30 day FP window (although with rumors of resort capacity levels - that might not mean much!)

I need this October support group as well! The Star Wars thread folks keep telling me that we will know about fireworks in another week or so...it would be nice to know before the 30 day FP window (although with rumors of resort capacity levels - that might not mean much!)
@yulilin3 is the best expert you'll find on what is going on with the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular.

I was planning to go to MK on October 8th (pre-cruise) and want to make sure I'm not going to be kicked out at 7pm. The Halloween party tickets are not available on the 8th for purchase - does that mean the event is not happening or that it's sold out?

I totally feel your frustration..... We are going 3rd week of September and the hours kept changing!! Especially for AK and DHS. AK started at 5p to close... then up to 7:30p now its at 9p. and each time we've had to go back and change our plans/FP+ And same with DHS. But the most frustrating part about DHS is that it's impossible to be able to see Fantasmic and Star Wars fireworks as they are only 15 minutes apart. And we only planned one day at DHS so we have to choose which we still haven't been able to do. It's kinda ridiculous to schedule it like that!!

I was planning to go to MK on October 8th (pre-cruise) and want to make sure I'm not going to be kicked out at 7pm. The Halloween party tickets are not available on the 8th for purchase - does that mean the event is not happening or that it's sold out?
There aren't Halloween parties on Saturdays. MK will be open fairly late, but be prepared for HUGE crowds.

Maybe they're trying to funnel guests to the Halloween Party, but it's really unfair considering it's an expensive hard ticket and they shouldn't expect people to go more than one night while they're visiting the parks.

I agree on this! I called to add my room reservation requests and the lady kept trying to sell me on the Halloween party at Magic Kingdom and the Club Villian at Hollywood Studios. I politely said no thank you, we are already spending enough. It makes me think they are holding out on hours to sell more of those after hour party tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter