October Cruise tips?

Mrs. Darling

Earning My Ears
DH & I are taking our first Disney Cruise in October...4-nights on the Wonder :cheer2:

We've sailed twice before on RC back in the early '90's. I just had to share our excitement!

We'll be celebrating our anniversary. :love: Any suggestions or tips? TIA

We've sailed on the Magic twice in October. The weather was beautiful. Short sleeves were fine outside, but take a sweater for inside. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Have a WONDERful time, you will love it!!! Let Disney know that you are celebrating your anniversary, they will bring you a special cake. Make reservations to go to Palo. Enjoy spending time together.

The no brainer tip is trip insurance. Get it. It is still the tail end of hurricane season and it will be well worth it to protect your investment.

I second reserving Palo for sure for your anniversary. It is a wonderful treat for adults, especially the souffle!

Enjoy a massage at the spa (I would do it on the Nassau day.) The heated stone massage was absolutely blissful!!!

Although the ship is child-filled for sure, the treats of the adults only areas are quite nice. It is fun to watch the kids dance at the deck parties, get involved with the shows and to get so jazzed to see the characters, but it is even better to then retreat to the adult only areas without a child around!

I would also recommend spending the day at Serenity Bay at CC, but heading over to Cookies for lunch...I enjoyed the atmosphere and food a bit better there for lunch.

Mrs. Darling said:
Thanks so much for the good advice. Now I'm wishing we were on a 7 day cruise. :rolleyes1

Well now...

Why not join us on the OCT 28th Hauted Halloween sailing to the Eastern Carribean? We have a pleasant gathering of DIS enthusiasts (check our cruise meet thread) and it still is sort of "shoulder season" so the rates are tolerable. We have private events for the DIS folks ... like a Ice cream speed eating contest with award certificates signed by the Captain of the Magic (and possibly a character or two), costume party, private trick or treat around the ship plus more creative stuff that packs our agenda with over the top stuff. Plus we are making custom designed t-shirts .... I am the primary artist designing the t-shirts.... and I am hosting the ice cream contest seeing that I orchestrated one on our last Disney sailing. Take a look at the sailing to see if it fits your calandar!

Yeah, we're a bunch of maniacs who may not actually pull off everything we're talking about doing!

Cheers!

BrianD said:
It's never too late to upgrade!!! ;)

Tempting, but we want to spend time with dear family members in Georgia before our cruise. We can't wait to see them & play with our precious grandchildren! :cloud9:

captaincrash said:
Well now...

Why not join us on the OCT 28th Hauted Halloween sailing to the Eastern Carribean? We have a pleasant gathering of DIS enthusiasts (check our cruise meet thread) and it still is sort of "shoulder season" so the rates are tolerable. We have private events for the DIS folks ... like a Ice cream speed eating contest with award certificates signed by the Captain of the Magic (and possibly a character or two), costume party, private trick or treat around the ship plus more creative stuff that packs our agenda with over the top stuff. Plus we are making custom designed t-shirts .... I am the primary artist designing the t-shirts.... and I am hosting the ice cream contest seeing that I orchestrated one on our last Disney sailing. Take a look at the sailing to see if it fits your calandar!

Yeah, we're a bunch of maniacs who may not actually pull off everything we're talking about doing!

Cheers!

Thanks for the invitation! DH & I considered that cruise, but as I mentioned in another post, we decided to visit family before we sail. It is our darling grandson's 6th birthday. party:

Maybe 2007? pixiedust:

Mrs. Darling said:

Which anniversary are you celebrating, :sunny: CONGRATULATION :sunny:

we will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniverary 3 weeks before our first cruise :Pinkbounc It a surprize for DH :Pinkbounc

Mrs. Darling said:

we will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniverary 3 weeks before our first cruise :Pinkbounc It a surprize for DH :Pinkbounc Hope I can keep it a secert until then :wizard:

we are on the 3 day Wonder on the 26th Oct

jns said:

we will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniverary 3 weeks before our first cruise :Pinkbounc It a surprize for DH :Pinkbounc Hope I can keep it a secert until then :wizard:

we are on the 3 day Wonder on the 26th Oct

Thank you! As it turns out, we've changed our plans & decided to do a 7-Night Eastern Caribbean in March, 2007. We will be celebrating 34 years together. :love:

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband in October. Have a wonderful cruise. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter