October black out dates

FairytaleBelle

Mouseketeer
Hey!

So I hadn't realised there were black out dates starting in October I thought they were from November. Does anyone has any relatively uptodate info (so maybe this years or last year black out dates for oct) on when these start?
It potentially throws a massive spanner in the works for my plans :(

Thanks x

For blackouts they generally are from November through December. However you have to call and ask Disney Photography. We booked our MK hoot in November and it wasn't blacked out. They can black us out but as of now we are set in stone. If you book a Wishes wedding or higher you can book as soon as your contract is confirmed by Disney. All others have to wait until 45 days in advance I believe. I know for sure you can't book months in advance if to have an Escape package from what we were told.

They are usually based on when they start their Christmas decorations. I think October would be fine, since they will still be decorated for Halloween. But, as with anything, Disney can change it at any time.

Oh yes I forgot about the Halloween decorations...I had always thought brides were 'safe' so to say up until early nov as I say I had just read elsewhere that the black outs start end of october. thank you!

I hadn't realised that there was a photoshoot difference between wishes and escape, I thought as long as it was on your wedding day you were entitled to the early booking?

Do the black outs occur for the other parks or is this just a MK thing?
And is there anyone who had actually preferred a shoot at a different park over MK?

Thank you all for your responses so far :D x

Hi, we are getting married Nov 1st and we were told that the blackout applies to October because of the Halloween Party, and November and December because of the Holiday Party. We ended up booking a separate weekend trip for September to do our MK photo shoot. I'm a little bummed, because it means that I have to have all our clothes ready two months early and its expensive and the groom will see me in my wedding dress before the wedding day. It has its advantages, though. I'm a procrastinator, so having everything to do with how we look done early will be nice. It gives me a good opportunity to try out the stylist I booked and the steamer. And, this allows us to do an onsite planning session and cake tasting(nom) Also, I am hoping I will be able to use the photos in my Guestbook, so I can surprise my guests with magically already printed wedding photos at the reception! Plus, I might do a little downtown Disney shopping to pick up whatever gifts and accessories I still need for the wedding at that point!

Hey :) You booked it for the September the same year as your october wedding? I am SO bummed if this is true...stupid Halloween party haha (I'm actually so excited to go to it!) My date would be end october so the Halloween decorations would be up already, when they say because of the hallow party was this because of it on general or putting up decorations?
The groom seeing me early is something I don't know if I could do, I know you can still get that 'first look' photo but hmm...if I could get around that using the photos on your wedding day and making it a planning trip is a super idea thank you :) ha the most exciting thing about the planning session is the food :p
Have you started a planning journal? I'd love to follow :) X

We were told beginning October 27, for sure. Anything before that is subject to availability and subject to change.

Hey :) You booked it for the September the same year as your october wedding? I am SO bummed if this is true...stupid Halloween party haha (I'm actually so excited to go to it!) My date would be end october so the Halloween decorations would be up already, when they say because of the hallow party was this because of it on general or putting up decorations?
The groom seeing me early is something I don't know if I could do, I know you can still get that 'first look' photo but hmm...if I could get around that using the photos on your wedding day and making it a planning trip is a super idea thank you :) ha the most exciting thing about the planning session is the food :p
Have you started a planning journal? I'd love to follow :) X

I LOVE the Halloween party!!! It is the best one, imo! And if you like getting scared, Universal has a really great Halloween Party, too. It is nothing at all like the Disney one, but my Fiance and I go to both every year.

They told me it was because the park is open so late for the parties that the normal maintenance and cleaning they would do at night after close is done in the early morning. I am not thrilled with how forthcoming the WP is about what can and can't be done, though. Judging by this thread they are letting some people do their MK photos during those months.

I'm looking forward to an extra trip right before to make sure things are set up, but its not really my preference. I don't know how practical an extra trip would be for you coming from the UK. We had planned on flying out in the summer for a planning session anyways, so its not adding too much to our budget. I'd like to find your planning thread, too! What is your date?

I am actually excited about seeing my fiancé in my dress before the wedding. We want the shoot the morning of, but we can do it whenever. We both think having that time together with the two of us will be really emotional for us. This way we will get all our crying out of the way before the vows. He even wants to wait downstairs with his back to the door so when I get there and he turns around there will be an element of surprise to the dress so he will still get that feeling of the first sight of me in the dress.
Yes, it seems Disney is inconsistent at times with what they allow/don't allow. What I have learned is that it never hurts to ask :)

Marvel girl:
Glad to hear that about the universal one, we looking into doing that maybe next october when in Florida :)
Ohh I see that makes sense, so technically they can do shoots on the mornings after there has just been standard wishes no party.

Yeah the flights alone aren't likely to go below $525 each so it is harder especially as I wanted to go out for planning session and 6months out is too early for MK shoot for me :/

End October 2015- agesssss away!!!

Summer day dream:
Aw that's cute, and a good point...the wedding day can be hectic so it is nice to have some alone time too :) and his back to you is perfect idea, you can get the photographer to capture that 'first look' shot.

Mmmbop:
Thank you, typical that I was looking at 29th haha X

Yeah, we were misinformed. Yesterday, I talked to the actual wedding photography coordinator and she told me that Saturday the 26th of October would have been an option and we could have just gotten to Disney a few days earlier than we planned to do our photo shoot, but that now it is booked up :( Kind of wish the wedding coordinator had not mislead us. Both my DF and I remember her telling us October wasn't an option for photos. We discussed it for a while, because the MK photos are so important to us. If she really meant, October books up fast and they don't like scheduling then, that would have been good to know. Oh well, still looking forward to my Sept. photo shoot and will make the best of it! Hopefully this thread will help others not make that mistake!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter