October 7, 2012 - California Dreamin' Coastal Cruise

Hi, can you please add my details...

Disname: jontybfc
Travelling: Jon, Becky
Cabin 7630
Dining: Late
FE - yes
Secret Mickey - no

I think I may need some help with the fish extender! Does it have to be handmade???!!

It does not have to be handmade. You can use anything you want really...some people have used a cute Disney bag while others have the custom embroidered/personalized pocketed FE hangers made and others handmake theirs. It's all in what you prefer. :thumbsup2 There's a link to a pic of ours from our cruise last year in the post above. We had one embroidered for us. :) We just happen to be cruising with an awesome lady who makes them if you choose to purchase an embroidered one...https://www.facebook.com/PixieDustPatterns?ref=ts#!/MagicalDreamsBoutique

Hi there "jontybfc"
I make custom embroidered FEs. I have pics of my creations on my facebook boutique page....just search google for Mistletoe Ranch Kids facebook.

Do any of the adults dress up? just wondering

On our MR cruise last year, our entire family dressed up in full costume for pirate night! This year, so we aren't wearing the same costumes in our pix and also so I don't end up with 75 different pirates costumes :-)rotfl: lol! :rotfl2:) we are just wearing pirate shirts. :)

Thanks for the reply Anothysmama, I am debating if I will dress up or not, but Kambria(age 7) definately wants to dress up as a Pirate! Arrrrrrrrrrrr

Thanks for the reply Anothysmama, I am debating if I will dress up or not, but Kambria(age 7) definately wants to dress up as a Pirate! Arrrrrrrrrrrr

Not a problem! There were other adults dressed as pirates as well last year, not a whole lot, but most had something pirate-y going on. ;) Are you going to make the pirate costume for Kambria?? I can't wait to see it!! I was thinking of possibly attempting to make something for Valerie (2.5) that has a general pirate theme to it...bought her, and the rest of the family, pirate themed shirts but there wasn't much selection of girlie pirate shirts in her size...I ended up getting a toddler boys shirt from Disneyland that is super cute. I'm gonna girlie it up myself and I think I might attempt a skirt to go with it. :confused3 We will see if I can teach myself how in time! :rotfl2:

Brandy

Hi,

I just signed up for the boards & was so excited to find this group! This is our first Disney cruise so I'm grateful for all of the helpful info. We are on the Oct. 7 California Coastal cruise & just wanted to add our info:

Dis name: 3stronggirls
Traveling: Stephanie, Rachel (10), Anna Claire (6)
Cabin: 5144
Dining: Early
FE: Yes!
Secret Mickey: No thank you

I also sent a FB request last night to be added to the group. Thanks for coordinating all of this. This board just adds to our excitement! :cool1:

Welcome Stephanie,
My daughter Kambria is close in age to your youngest daughter. Kambria is 7, and she is looking forward to meeting some kiddos her age to pal around with in the Oceaneers lab. This is our second Disney Cruise. There are quite a few experienced Disney cruisers here offering lots of helpful insights. Welcome to the group.

We've been booked on this cruise since last July and was so busy forgot to find the thread. :confused3

We did this cruise last year..it was the Repo to get the ship to Alasaka for the first cruise. We loved it so much we re-booked!

Our last cruise was the Maiden Voyage of the Fantasy which was so beyond fun!! :thumbsup2

There are 3 of us....me, denise; DH Jimmy and DD Eleni (22)

Changed our reservation today as we found out there is a military discount available for the cruise. We had not paid in full so we got the discount and what a discount too! Very happy here :banana::banana::banana:

We live very close to SF so will be doing things on our own. Other ports we still have to decide... DH born and raised in SF so if you have questions....let us know....
still have to read thru the thread.....but wanted to say Hi....:yay:

I just returned from a 4 day trip to San Francisco with my godchildren. We flew and stayed close to Pier 39.
The weather was ok and cool like what was to be expected. However, we went on the hop-on hop-off bus across the Golden Gate bridge and it was freezing.
I have been here before and everything is so close and walkable its a great port.
This cruise I will have my grandma with us so we will do tours and short taxi to pier 39.
Even though I just got back I cannot wait to be on this cruise to return there. :cool1:

going under the Golden Gate is amazing....the sun is just starting to rise behind it as the ship approaches the bridge. It is such a beautiful site to see....when the ship was parked at the pier we had the best view from our room of Pier 29, the Golden Gate and Alcatraz....can't wait to see it again...

We've been booked on this cruise since last July and was so busy forgot to find the thread. :confused3

We did this cruise last year..it was the Repo to get the ship to Alasaka for the first cruise. We loved it so much we re-booked!

Our last cruise was the Maiden Voyage of the Fantasy which was so beyond fun!! :thumbsup2

Changed our reservation today as we found out there is a military discount available for the cruise. We had not paid in full so we got the discount and what a discount too! Very happy here :banana::banana::banana:

We live very close to SF so will be doing things on our own. Other ports we still have to decide... DH born and raised in SF so if you have questions....let us know....

Thank you Denise for posting there is a MILITARY discount! We used DVC points so are canceling and paying cash. We'll just put our points towards another cruise next year. What an incredible discount!!!

Well, we are joining the crew. My name is Joni and I am a Disney cruise addict. It will be my DH and my kids, along with a friend to share the Disney magic with us. We got a get price and couldn't pass it up. We were booked on the Disney Dream 3 night. We were ready to pay it off, when I ran into the deals that were being offered we jumped ship. Less money, less traveling and a trip to Carsland - yeah!

Dis name: princesskayla
Traveling: Joni, Troy, Kyler (10), Kayla (9), Kennedy (3)
Cabin: GTY

Dis name: none
Traveling: Ginger, Daniel, Hunter (10), Autumn (6)

I am very hopeful that the Pixar additions are all they claim to be. We love us some Pixar flims.

anyone know what day lobster day is? Trying to plan Palo and don't want to miss lobster!

We just booked a couple of days ago and got a great deal. So excited; we did the WBTA last year and I'm so happy to be coming back on board!

Dis name: SHarper02
Traveling: Stephani (me), Carolyn (my mom), and Jacob (11) (ds)
Cabin: somewhere on deck 7... Can't currently remember
FE: No
Secret Mickey: No

We're looking at booking this cruise (if our employer lets us)- we just returned from the NYC 2 night trip to nowhere, and DH is already itching to go again!!

Keep your fingers crossed for us; we also did the WBTA last September, and loved it!!

we are finally going on our first Disney Cruise, unless you count the red boat cruise we took in 1992. We have been wanting to go on a Disney Cruise for a few years now. We are all so excited.

*Disname: nemofanatic
Travelling: mike, christine, adam (12)
Cabin 1030
Dining: early
FE - need more info (have no idea what this is)
Secret Mickey - maybe
Celebrating: My husband finally getting his social security approved after a 4 year struggle.pixiedust:

Welcome! Please let me know what you decide about the FR by August 15th :)

Hi, can you please add my details...

Disname: jontybfc
Travelling: Jon, Becky
Cabin 7630
FE - yes
Secret Mickey - no

I think I may need some help with the fish extender! Does it have to be handmade???!!

Welcome!

Hi there! I would like to have more info on the Secret Mickey exchange. Can someone help with this please. Thanks

The SM is like a Secret Santa. You are assigned a fellow cruiser to buy gifts for. It should be 3 gifts - 2 small ones and 1 slightly larger - we will have a reveal the last day at sea where you will come and identify yourself to your SM. The gifts are left in their FE or with their room steward for thier cabin. Total spent should be in the $25-$30 range. There will be a questionairre to fill out with your info. Hope this helps!

Hi,

I just signed up for the boards & was so excited to find this group! This is our first Disney cruise so I'm grateful for all of the helpful info. We are on the Oct. 7 California Coastal cruise & just wanted to add our info:

Dis name: 3stronggirls
Traveling: Stephanie, Rachel (10), Anna Claire (6)
Cabin: 5144

I also sent a FB request last night to be added to the group. Thanks for coordinating all of this. This board just adds to our excitement! :cool1:

Welcome!

Welcome! If you would like your info on the roll call - just send me a PM and I will get it updated! Thanks! :)

Well, we are joining the crew. My name is Joni and I am a Disney cruise addict. It will be my DH and my kids, along with a friend to share the Disney magic with us. We got a get price and couldn't pass it up. We were booked on the Disney Dream 3 night. We were ready to pay it off, when I ran into the deals that were being offered we jumped ship. Less money, less traveling and a trip to Carsland - yeah!

Dis name: princesskayla
Traveling: Joni, Troy, Kyler (10), Kayla (9), Kennedy (3)

Dis name: none
Traveling: Ginger, Daniel, Hunter (10), Autumn (6)

I am very hopeful that the Pixar additions are all they claim to be. We love us some Pixar flims.

Welcome1

anyone know what day lobster day is? Trying to plan Palo and don't want to miss lobster!

It is usually semi-formal night which if we go by the schedule posted awhile back would be the first sea day.

We just booked a couple of days ago and got a great deal. So excited; we did the WBTA last year and I'm so happy to be coming back on board!

Dis name: SHarper02
Traveling: Stephani (me), Carolyn (my mom), and Jacob (11) (ds)
Cabin: somewhere on deck 7... Can't currently remember
FE: No
Secret Mickey: No

Welcome!

Well, we received our cruise quote tonight, and the savings is AMAZING!!

We have until Thursday/Friday to finalize it- but DH is already looking at flights, so if we get the right answer from our employer in the next day or two.....:cool1::banana::goodvibes:woohoo:

Here is the Wonder going under the Golden Gate from the Repo cruise last year. It would make a good magnet!

wondergoldengate.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter