October 6 4 Day wonder, Anyone going?

jwolfe

Earning My Ears
Hi, any fellow October 6th 4 day cruisers out there? Just wanting to get in touch with anyone heading that way :-). We can't wait to go! Family of 5 (2 adults 3 smaller children). Also, anyone know which excursions not to be missed at Nassau/Freeport?
Thanks!!!!

We'll be there Just Sisterinlaw & I ( girls cruise ) We were on the
ship in May with the family had a great time. Is this your 1st Wonder cruise:) :)

Hi! this is not only our first Wonder cruise but our first cruise ever!
This is a family cruise. All wonderful :) five of us! Hope it will be great as I think! What did you think about Nassau and Freeport, I've heard mixed reviews on both.

Juli

Also, how do you get your countdown to cruise in your posts?

look under posts in the june 27 timeframe the counter is there.

With little kids I would stay on the ship in Nassau and Freeport
you might be able to use the beaches at the Lucayan resort

Hi! We're also going to be on this one! It's me,my dh and our ds(8 and 9) , dd(3) and my sister. I am glad to find others on our cruise, I've looked and looked.
Jwolfe- how old are your kids?

Wow! this is pretty neat to "talk" to someone before going on the cruise. Our children are all 3 girls ages 5, 6, and 8. We're staying on Deck 2 (about the only thing available when i booked) in two connecting rooms. since I'm pretty new to this what does dh and ds stand for. I'm guessing husband and children in some form:D . We are also new cruisers this being our first one. I hope no one gets seasick:)

JWolfe- dh is disney husband,dd is disney daughter and ds is disney son. We are also on deck two in two connecting rooms. I hope the rooms are not too small but it sounds like we won't be in them much anyway! I am very curious as to how the kids will like the kids clubs.

Hi!

My Mom & I are going on this with my son (DH isn't interested in cruising... oh well!). DS will be just over 1 year old. I think we're on deck 6, but I'd have to check.

This is my 2nd cruise -- I was on the 3rd sailing of the Magic in 1998. It is my Mom's first.

It'll be great to see you all there!

-- Adrienne : )

We will also be on this cruise. It will be myself, my wife, our daughters ages 3 and 5 (she will turn 6 on Oct. 15) my sister and BIL and their son age 4. We also have a 6 month old and my sister has a 2 year old but they will be staying with Grandma and Grandpa.

This is our 5th cruise and our 2nd Disney cruise. We have done the 7 day Magic.

We are on deck 6. I have been to Nassau a few times but never to Freeport and I agree with another post that the best excursion may be no excursion. Take a little time to walk around the islands then just enjoy the ship. My 5 year old remebers the kids clubs from the previous cruise and can't wait to go back.

Hi Mike!

I checked and we are in Stateroom 6138. Maybe we're not so far from you. We're not planning much for shore excursions. My mom wants to visit the straw market and I think that's about all we'll do, other than Castaway Cay, of course! I found Nassau pretty disappointing last time. The shopping was so-so and the prices were high.

BTW, last time, we heard warnings about head lice, so I wouldn't recommend you let your daughters get the braids there.

(51 days until we get on the plane!)

We are in rooms 6566 and 6558. Thanks for the info on the head lice. My wife wanted to get the girls hair braded but I am sure this will change her mind.

Do you know what the status is of the straw market? My BIL and I spent a week in Nassau diving earlier last year and I recall shortly after we returned seeing something on the news that the straw market had burned down.

Hi Mike!

I did some checking online and the straw market in Nassau moved to a temporary location three weeks after the fire. I didn't find out (on a quick search) whether or not it is back tot he regular location yet.

Any other 10/6 cruisers out there? How about some with babies?

Anyone on the 10/6 cruise that is going to sign up for the Dolphin Encounter? The first day that the excursions were available to book I booked this for my wife and my oldest daughter but they decided that they don't want to do it so I will be canceling spots for 2 people at both Freeport and Nassau and thought if someone needed the spots I would see if they could be switched to another name.

My Mom is already booked for the Sanctuary Bay dolphin encounter in Freeport and she is really excited. DS and I will stay on the ship, since he is too young. I believe you can cancel the reservation until 2 days before the sailing, though.

You're correct you can can cancel 2 days before leaving I just thought someone on the board may want my reservations if the excursions were full.

Hi! We'll also be on the 10/6 cruise (just DH and myself). This will be our first Disney Cruise and our first ever cruise. DH is worried about seasickness, but other than we're both really excited. We're staying at the Sheraton Vistana for 7 nights before we cruise and looking forward to that too. We're both in our early 50's and never had children, but we are BIG MICKEY MOUSE FANS!! See you all soon.

I would not worry about the seasickness. Three of the cruises that I have been on have been trips through work and usually there are 20 to 30 people with us that have never been on a cruise and I have never heard of anyone that had a problem.

My dh and I will be on the Oct 6 cruise celebrating my birthday.

This will be our second cruise on the Wonder and we're leaving our ds (13) at home this time. Now that the documents have arrived, I'm getting very excited.

I got the documents today but I could have gotten them yesterday if I wasn't in the shower when FedEx arrived. FedEx is required to get a signature - "per shippers requirements, you must be present to sign for and accept package".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter